Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that the latest updates are resetting the USB music to the beginning each time the car is stopped. It would be nice if your choice of of music could continue playing, as it used to, rather than having to go hunting through menus to find it. What is it with Tesla and menus?

My wife and I have phones linked to profiles and the car gets the right one nearly every time. Now that the profile names are back on the screen when we get in, it is simple to correct if the car does get it wrong.

Personally, I don't need to see the profile name once I'm driving, the more uncluttered map I see the better.

Just need them to do the same thing with the visual preview of the car now (or let me reduce it at least) - more map please :D

Yes, that should have the facility to shift out of the way! Has anyone ever explained why this aspect of the UI gets such priority?
Not officially - my guess is 'look what we can do' and 'FSD would be good for you' are the key motivators. I'd just like the option to reduce the size or hide it if I wanted - I could then turn it back on to impress the neighbours and kids!

Anyone finding that online routing is randomly disabling itself on 4.5?

I thought it toggled off directly as a consequence of the update as one or two options are prone to do, but it’s happened again today and I had to go into the route options again midway through a drive to switch it back on.

Reactions: Stuart1714
I notice that the latest updates are resetting the USB music to the beginning each time the car is stopped. It would be nice if your choice of of music could continue playing, as it used to, rather than having to go hunting through menus to find it. What is it with Tesla and menus?
Agreed. 2022.4.5 was excellent in my car but since I got .4.5.3 a few days ago, USB music now resets to the folder list every time I start the car. Yet another undopdate from Tesla.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
2022.4.5.3..... big "thumbs down"!
The wipers have reverted back to their previous unruliness, EAP now sees demons about to crash into me, when there are none and so slows the car suddenly.
I'm getting fed up with the ever changing landscape: effectively the car has no usable cruise control or auto wipers. This is not good enough.
Wow never had much issue with phantom breaking but since 4.5.3 this had got scary. several drives up and down the M1, different times of day and weather condition.
The usual lorries causing it to poop itself but the random slam the anchors on when there is nothing around scared the life out of me and not just a once off.

Anyone finding that online routing is randomly disabling itself on 4.5?

I thought it toggled off directly as a consequence of the update as one or two options are prone to do, but it’s happened again today and I had to go into the route options again midway through a drive to switch it back on.
Mine disabled the online routing other day. It did let me know it’s off though and gave me the option of going straight to the right part of the menu to enable it again.

I don't think any of the Autopilot code has changed in a couple of years since the USA went vision-only, so phantom braking with software updates is just coincidence.

I agree. Naturally people look for patterns and they will find them.

The root cause is unreliability, so sometimes it'll work and sometimes it won't.

Hopefully, Tesla will eventually focus some attention on autopilot outside of the USA.

Reactions: Durzel