Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.4.5.5 just installed. I thought this was just for fsd cars somehow. May have read that on Facebook which is of course never wrong.

Bug fixes I assume?
Mine updated earlier to 4.5.5 from 4.5.3. I also had the iPhone app updated earlier in the week as well.

For the first time in a while, the Tesla app actually notified me that I had an update. I normally find out through a Teslafi email.

4.5.5 installed this morning.
Other than the ability to make my car image a silly colour it doesn't seem to do much. I didn't bother to enable the camera monitoring and the better regen when using cruise control is not that meaningful as I rarely use cruise control because it sees ghosts and frightens me.

Picked up my Y yesterday, that had 4.5.3 installed. Woke up to 4.5.11 this morning. Is there a place to check for release notes?

The car will also tell you what's in it. There's pretty much just bugfixes in these latest updates, the most notable thing is the activation of the cabin camera (if you allow it).

Picked up my Y yesterday, that had 4.5.3 installed. Woke up to 4.5.11 this morning. Is there a place to check for release notes?
Guess where I found this :)

Viewing Release Notes​

When a software update is complete, read the release notes displayed on the touchscreen to learn about changes or new features. To display release notes about the current version of your vehicle's software at any time, touch Controls > Software > Release Notes.
Tesla strongly recommends reading all release notes. They may contain important safety information or operating instructions for your Model 3.

Reactions: Alex987854

The car will also tell you what's in it. There's pretty much just bugfixes in these latest updates, the most notable thing is the activation of the cabin camera (if you allow it).

The cabin camera has been available for activation for best part of a year, if not more - in the UK that has only for training data. From what I can see, we got it at least before 2021.4.x (yes, last year. So I wonder what has changed or if its just a variation of a cold weather improvement style update.

Still waiting on all this captured data to do something worthwhile in the UK. I had hoped that it would assist in reducing steering wheel nag but it seems to have made it worse for those that have it (eg looking in rear view mirrors to overtake is enough for the system to think that you do not have your eyes on the road ahead...) but maybe gathering/associating different data for something more useful such as vision based driver profile selection?

Guess where I found this :)

Viewing Release Notes​

When a software update is complete, read the release notes displayed on the touchscreen to learn about changes or new features. To display release notes about the current version of your vehicle's software at any time, touch Controls > Software > Release Notes.
Tesla strongly recommends reading all release notes. They may contain important safety information or operating instructions for your Model 3.
Thanks, I should have been more specific, is there a way to view release notes without sitting in my freezing cold car ;)