Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cabin camera has been available for activation for best part of a year, if not more - in the UK that has only for training data. From what I can see, we got it at least before 2021.4.x (yes, last year. So I wonder what has changed or if its just a variation of a cold weather improvement style update.

Still waiting on all this captured data to do something worthwhile in the UK. I had hoped that it would assist in reducing steering wheel nag but it seems to have made it worse for those that have it (eg looking in rear view mirrors to overtake is enough for the system to think that you do not have your eyes on the road ahead...) but maybe gathering/associating different data for something more useful such as vision based driver profile selection?
Yeah, it would be nice if it could tell you were paying attention and be more accepting of fewer steering input nags.

I'm struggling to get too worked up about the cabin camera, though. For all (or anyone) knows its been on since I got the car. There's no light to indicate activity, etc. I'm not one to stick tape over webcams either, though, to be honest.

2022.4.5.16 rolling to US cars only at the moment. I noticed Range Display Calibration which may be of interest to for Model 3 LFP drivers. Looks like that appeared in 2022.4.5.12 which was/is a very limited global release, but since no one has mentioned it, I thought that I would raise its profile.

I certainly stand by my previous comment of how unusual things are to have stalled on a single release such as 2022.4.5.x. The fleet have been on that branch for over a month now and its still getting significant enough updates to warrant a comment in the release notes. Normally, it would just be bug fixes and under the hood changes where more significant changes would have been in another 2022.4.x branch or even a 2022.8.x one by now..

Software version 2022.4.5.16 was just detected on a Tesla Model Y Long Range in California United States. The highest previous version was 2022.4.5.12. Follow the 2022.4.5.16 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Last edited:
2022.4.5.16 rolling to US cars only at the moment. I noticed Range Display Calibration which may be of interest to for Model 3 LFP drivers. Looks like that appeared in 2022.4.5.12 which was/is a very limited global release, but since no one has mentioned it, I thought that I would raise its profile.

I certainly stand by my previous comment of how unusual things are to have stalled on a single release such as 2022.4.5.x. The fleet have been on that branch for over a month now and its still getting significant enough updates to warrant a comment in the release notes. Normally, it would just be bug fixes and under the hood changes where more significant changes would have been in another 2022.4.x branch or even a 2022.8.x one by now..
They announced the camera data collection last week

Can you tell us more about the Range Display Calibration please

Reactions: Mrklaw
Please let it show range from the energy/trip page on the battery bar instead of the almost entirely useless fixed EPA ratio
I’ll be honest…I am not so sure…the EPA range matches my driving almost perfectly…while the energy graphs (which I love watching all the time) can change from 999 km to 100 and back in a blink of an eye

They announced the camera data collection last week

How does that differ from 2020.24.6, 2021.4.x, 2021.12.x, 2-21.24.x etc ?

Although I am struggling to see when it was introduced here. I am pretty sure that I remember agreeing to the terms at some point. But maybe it is the first time is been active over here?

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the next branch (2022.8?) must have significant changes that are taking time to QA. Curious as to what it will bring - although of course even if there are significant changes, there may be little/nothing user-visible.

I'm guessing that the next branch (2022.8?) must have significant changes that are taking time to QA

That's not the Tesla way. They will release something that clearly has not had much QA and fix it later (or not). Fail fast, learn fast etc.

Purely a guess but based upon what's going on with their current focus, but I think they have a big blocker (another guess - its single stack vision, aka FSD V11 that will bring much of the FSD beta development back into standard autopilot) that they have probably vastly under estimated how much work its going to take - lots of talk been going on for quite a while now, but nothing to show for it. You can also see evidence of this is the FSD beta stalling. I am also guessing that they have resource issues too (evidence from very reliable sources that FSD computer is having to do more work than was originally thought necessary so has spilled over into redundancy resources), so having to do more optimisation to squeeze it in to work with current hardware. Again, you can see evidence of some of this optimisation in the FSD beta release notes.

Reactions: DM206433
How does that differ from 2020.24.6, 2021.4.x, 2021.12.x, 2-21.24.x etc ?

Although I am struggling to see when it was introduced here. I am pretty sure that I remember agreeing to the terms at some point. But maybe it is the first time is been active over here?

Sending data back to the mother ship - that's what you're asked to approve

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Why is predicted battery % on arrival in nav so difficult now? Is it intentional. I always use % rather than miles and use the arrival % a lot. Damn annoying
I think the issue is around people taking that % in a very concrete way and drive as much as till it drops to below 10% and either get stuck or the new Lithium low voltage batteries fail to charge once the display goes below 10% or even slightly above given the actual and usable are different. This is a major issue in US. So Tesla gives a glance of it and then it disappears unfortunately.

Reactions: UrbanSplash