Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
Appeared in the software updates area. Nothing that exciting that I can see, it just seems to be some minor tweaks

There seems to be a big general theme of efficiency at the moment, the new energy graph and I’m sure the supercharging pre conditioning has been mentioned recently in addition to this release.

I think most think 2022.36 was a really bad release. Just increasing the number doesn’t solve that but maybe they’ve decided to give up on parallel code streams and just focus on 2022.40. It’s not the most exciting release, but less features is fine if it means bugs get addressed

I actually like the idea of finally being able to run Sentry & Dog mode simultaneously.
I've been confronted to the conundrum of either not being able to record someone dinging my car while in dog mode (haven't trained him to write down licence plates yet), or having a recording of someone breaking my window because I used Climate Keep instead of Dog, so no message on the screen to reassure passers-by...

and if DAB radio stations logos is confirmed that would be nice as well!

I know this one hasn’t seen a particularly wide release as yet, but it’s interesting to see in the possible update notes…
that blended braking is being released in more regions.
Saw this photo on Twitter, seems to be a blended braking indicator? Probably comes up when the regen is limited to let you know it’ll use friction brakes to make up the regen loss. This is something I’m looking forward to, I’ve been caught out a few times on the rare occasion I charge to 100% and forget regen will be almost non-existent!
D9DEB168-0F54-4684-BF35-E524895E98D2.jpeg

I don't quite get why this feature has had such a limited release to be honest. Are the brakes outside of the US different in some way?

Also, this may or may not mean anything:

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 11.59.53.png

No one in the UK has it yet according to TeslaFi at least, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't quite get why this feature has had such a limited release to be honest. Are the brakes outside of the US different in some way?

View attachment 868024

No one in the UK has it yet according to TeslaFi at least, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It also shows that for Sentry Mode Live Camera Access, yet we know that's wrong. Seems to be a constant oversight on that website.

There are very few updates lately I look forward to, but this is one. More for limited regen in the approaching colder weather, that for a full charge.

Reactions: Tonybvi and Durzel
The release notes websites get the gist but the low level detail like country or model is often an educated but often wrong guess. We’ve been told about blended braking/regen several times going back to 2022.16

For fun you can search the release notes to see how often stuff appears, and this doesn’t even include all the sub versions that sites like notateslaapp show where you get stuff announced in every sub release.

Reactions: Durzel

View attachment 868024

As a owner from Sept 2022 of a M3P I absolutely noticed when I had regen turn off on 2 occasions (1x 100% battery and 1x regen down a mountain to the point it temp deactivated)

It was very jarring so that is excellent feature I hope it appears in the UK soon.