Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you see the details of the undocumented feature? There's unlock as in "you can open the door if you try", which has always been there, and unlock as in "the mirrors swing open and the screens come on" as if you've pulled the handle. The later makes sense, and I guess the undocumented change would just be the ability to open the charge port?
I think you might have misunderstood Driver Door Unlock mode? It means when you unlock the car through the app or fob, or pull the driver door handle, it will unlock this door only, i.e, all other 3 doors and boot will remain locked. This is just a safety feature that's been around for a while.
I don't believe there is a way/undocumented new feature that will unlock the car/unfold mirrors just by walking up to it. Where did you read this?
This is in the car. There's a new toggle on the Locks screen with some help text underneath that says about it. I can't easily get a photo at the moment as I'm in meetings all morning, so hopefully someone else can oblige.

My working theory at the moment is that it only works when the car is awake (but locked). I could be completely wrong about it though!

This shoukd be renamed the insomniacs thread…

… or up for a pee
I wasn't actually asleep, I'm in Idaho & 7 hours behind all of you.

My car is in a Long Stay carpark & on Tuesday I also got notification that 40.4 was waiting for wifi. No doubt by the time I return there will be others replacing this with yet more tiny miner bugs to replace the other unidentified bugs that weren't revealed or replaced the last time or any time prior to that.

...by the way I've left the Tesla app open on my phone & after the first 9 days unplugged the batteries only show a 2% loss which is pretty impressive (so the car's not an insomniac either)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardo and goRt
...by the way I've left the Tesla app open on my phone & after the first 9 days unplugged the batteries only show a 2% loss which is pretty impressive (so the car's not an insomniac either)
That’s good. I left mine in Gatwick Valet (Long Stay) last week and came back to about 35% loss in 7 days.
Sadly was still on .28 so couldn’t see what was causing the parked power drain.
Sentry showed a whole bunch of clips of adjacent cars coming and going, so I guess it was that or the valet crew forgot to lock it.

Hmm, maybe should’ve checked the mileage too🤔

That’s good. I left mine in Gatwick Valet (Long Stay) last week and came back to about 35% loss in 7 days.
Sentry showed a whole bunch of clips of adjacent cars coming and going, so I guess it was that or the valet crew forgot to lock it.

Well, I guess the answer's here.
Sentry uses ~4-5% per day. You've found your 35%

Nothing is ever turned on in mine when I leave it - sentry, overheat protection, climate etc.

I also use a Long stay car park or somewhere I can personally park & lock the car without relying on anyone else playing with the settings or draining the battery. It's not uncommon for me to leave the car for between 4-6 weeks like this & always as close to 90% as I can, usually returning to mid 80%s