Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only thing I’ve noticed but not sure of this is due to 40.4.1 which I’ve had for a week or so is no battery preconditioning before arriving at both Newbridge (Edinburgh) and Tebay today (normally starts preconditioning quite a while in advance of arrival). On both occasions at the start of charging the battery heating icon was on in the app though.

Only thing I’ve noticed but not sure of this is due to 40.4.1 which I’ve had for a week or so is no battery preconditioning before arriving at both Newbridge (Edinburgh) and Tebay today (normally starts preconditioning quite a while in advance of arrival). On both occasions at the start of charging the battery heating icon was on in the app though.
I think it now anticipates that the car will warm the battery adequately if your route includes faster roads eg motorways. It therefore doesn’t waste energy preconditioning.

Reactions: Tonybvi
Did you pre-heat the cabin or defrost the car before you drove? This heats the battery at the same time so it may well have been warm enough to not need preconditioned. We're just getting to the weather that needs a pre-heated cabin, I suspect you might already be there.

Did you pre-heat the cabin or defrost the car before you drove? This heats the battery at the same time so it may well have been warm enough to not need preconditioned. We're just getting to the weather that needs a pre-heated cabin, I suspect you might already be there.
Luckily the car lives in a nice warm garage at home so no preheating required! I actually prefer not to precondition en route and sometimes don’t set the supercharger as a navigation destination to avoid this, although yesterday I did have them as destinations.

I got 40.4 yesterday afternoon and before I had turned a wheel on it 40.4.1 was ready this morning and has just installed outside with the usual lights on and off.
On completion of the install I got a Tesla notification on my phone informing me that there had been multiple wrong PIN to drive numbers entered!

Luckily the car lives in a nice warm garage at home so no preheating required! I actually prefer not to precondition en route and sometimes don’t set the supercharger as a navigation destination to avoid this, although yesterday I did have them as destinations.
My wife is going up that way tomorrow and she'll likely use the SC in Aberdeen. I'll check on teslamate to see if it does any pre-heating en route.

Thought I'd read on the release notes it looks at what the SC can deliver and then precondition if it's over a certain KWH. I.e. if you going to a busy old SC site where they are at capacity then charging at 60kwh doesn't need to waste energy warming the battery up. I used to do this when I was charging up at anything other than a v3 SC as it used to start preconditioning 50 miles away and had conspiracy thought they were doing this on purpose to make you need more when you arrived.....

Reactions: candida
Yes, I've found that preconditioning has frequently been unnecessary and have altered navigation accordingly. I have a note that it was 2022.36.6 that announced a change to preconditioning en route to Superchargers when travelling on fast roads.

Got this notification just as the car completed installing 2022.40.4.1. PIN to drive not enabled on my car right now. Weird

1668700342818.png

Noticed something that might be new after updating to 40.4.1, or might be completely old news. New to me anyway!

Phone died and unlocked my car with key card - the central display lit up with an "unlocked" sign / splash screen before I got in the car. I've never noticed this before.. had a quick google and can't find examples of it. Anyone else seen this before?

2022.40.4.1 has improved auto high beam since it was first invoked on AP back in September. Back then it was dire.
On my drive this evening it behaved impeccably to oncoming drivers and those in front of me.
it still needs a second or two shaved off the time it takes to come back on though.
I also found AHB has been improved over .36. Responding much better to on coming cars. Still come on in decently bright areas though.

I found the auto wipers to be improved as well. Much better than before.

Same for AP, seems to respond better to cars merging into your lane.

Still very jumpy in standstill traffic though.

Done a good 300 miles on .40. It’s been much better than recent updates. More enjoyable.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot