Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I can’t edit the previous reply, you can check what I mean in the 2022.40.5 changelog:

Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.

Since I can’t edit the previous reply, you can check what I mean in the 2022.40.5 changelog:

Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.
But that's an FSD Beta release, only available to North Americans. Despite the similar numbering, it's best to assume that FSD beta releases are pretty much completely unrelated to normal releases.

But that's an FSD Beta release, only available to North Americans. Despite the similar numbering, it's best to assume that FSD beta releases are pretty much completely unrelated to normal releases.
I know tesla doesn’t follow a good development naming convention, but 20.7 is in the same development branch as 20.5 (FSD 11), therefore it should have its capabilities.

No because FSD 11 was introduced in 40.5…

Listen, I’m not here to create discourse. Most likely no changes as WKUK mentioned. It’s just a misleading versioning scheme by tesla.
FSD 11 is only on release 40.5, a test release for a bunch of tesla staff. Nothing about FSD11 is on wider circulation as part of 2022.40 at the moment unless they do another test release.

FSD city streets beta has been on releases going back to 2022.12 but none of that code has been in other, later releases except for other specific FSD beta releases

Reactions: GRocha
I know tesla doesn’t follow a good development naming convention, but 20.7 is in the same development branch as 20.5 (FSD 11), therefore it should have its capabilities.
It doesn't seem to work like that, though. I think what you say is probably true for the MCU code, but not the autopilot code, which I stonrgly suspect is completely different in production and FSD beta releases.

Reactions: GRocha
My car just downloading 40.4.2 now.
Assuming bug fixes as it had an update a few days ago
We got offered .40.4.1 about a week ago but no download offered now. Presumably .4.1 was pulled and replaced with .4.2 or other which has yet to be offered to us.

2022.40.4.2 may be to fix the non functional rear light issue that triggered a nhtsa software recall, although possibly not relevant to cars over here. That recall specified that it only affected a range of software versions to 2022.4.1.

Edit - actually fixed in 2022.40.4.1

Last edited: