Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has tweeted that all North American customers with paid FSD option can download it as of today! (probably not those on MCU1)

Possibly moved along by the Waymo certification to operate in San Francisco.

Also pleased that recent map data has at last resolved an erroneous 30 mph on my home return commute (only took 4.5 years!)

Last edited:
I thought he promised FSD 11 (40.5) would be available before thanksgiving? Classic Musk not keeping to his deadlines again
That is what he said, and little room for ambiguity in his tweet, This was 8 days ago, so you'd have thought he'd have a damn good idea that close to know whether it was going to fly or not, or he'd have learnt from his lessons from past tweets and kept quiet.

Untitled.png

Do we know if NAV updates tied to / restricted by main f/w updates?

I'm trying to dodge updates until we have evidence for UK cars regarding what VO is like post radar delete and also to see if anything happens with existing USS function.

Once US is single stack and shown that it runs on US freeways ok, then may be a slim chance we might see that come to UK cars.... along with a hope of seeing some small benefit of having FSD. Although, it may be that once AP is on single stack code, any benefits of having FSD in the UK become even more questionable.

Last edited:
I'd recommend getting at least 2022.40.4 because in my experience (across multiple drives) the auto high beam is greatly improved. it is still not what I would call "very good", but is useable.

Vision-only AP is ok in my experience, but I do limited miles. I have lost oncoming cars on the visualisation since moving to it and I presume that's normal because no one seems to be complaining about it.

You're going to end up pretty far behind in terms of general improvements by sticking with the last Radar-enabled one, sad to say.

Reactions: Zigway
to echo @Durzel reply above, I am on 2022.40.4.1 and yesterday over the M62 and back (Leeds to Rochdale), in very bad weather, the AP worked excellent usually get at least 1 phantom break with lorries. Also noticed I didn't get the usual warning about a lorry in the lane I was moving in to (i.e I am in the overtaking lane and moving back to middle lane with a lorry in the "Slow" lane, but it always used to warn me that a lorry is in the middle lane!).

On the way home in the dark the AHB looked to be much improved. The downside was when I went through my local McDonalds drive through for my tea it now thinks I am pulling up next to a lorry when I get to the pay window 🤷‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel
auto high beam is greatly improved

Not really my biggest concern tbh. As long as I can disable ahb and control it myself, which is what I've been doing for ages, then I'd sooner do that.

A lot of comments about being forced to let ap take control of ahb (and wipers) somehow related to using VO in place of radar for ? (AEB? ACC?) are based on M3 and MY from what I've seen, and less on X and S, especially pre latest refresh. So it's hard to know what to expect, which is why I'm inclined to cling to radar (better the devil you know!) until I've a better idea what I can expect overall from next update.

Anyone on here with radar disabled MS who has recent f/w and can comment on if ahb and wipers now come on automatically (under ap control?). I gathered you can turn off to some extent each drive, but I'm not clear about that for my car.

Last edited:
I noticed the missing speed limit on the M53 and M6 yesterday . Most of the motorway driving was missing the speed limit display. I’m assuming a map data file is missing from the update somewhere?
Known issue. It's not directly related to the software update, but seems to be an issue with the new map/nav data downloads (version EU-2022.40-14215).

If TACC is active and you pass through a new speed limit, you double tap the new speed limit and the car does the new speed right?

Well, Not sure when it changed but now a single tap has the same effect.

I preferred holding the stalk down for a second much easier than tapping the screen, however now the speed limits have vanished I'm stuck scrolling.

Reactions: Ozboz7 and M1tch