Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That, for me, is the best thing about owning a Tesla is that you never know what tomorrow will bring...
No other car gets 24 x OTA updates in a year and maybe, just maybe, the next one will fix that niggling issue like; matrix lights, charge stop time, wiper sensitivity, bigger font, etc, etc...

Reading about the issues VW are having really brings home how easy Tesla owners have it when it comes to getting updates.

Loads of ID3 owners aren’t actually installing the update because the install button is so easily missed 😂

Attachments

• 4D481E73-AC31-46E9-8031-C0B0904C0C1B.jpeg
    4D481E73-AC31-46E9-8031-C0B0904C0C1B.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 72
  • F511038F-3AB2-4AFD-AC0E-D438290E9F20.jpeg
    F511038F-3AB2-4AFD-AC0E-D438290E9F20.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 49
  • A4392E4B-EAC2-45DA-A4AB-0D66219012BE.jpeg
    A4392E4B-EAC2-45DA-A4AB-0D66219012BE.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 52
First drive on 40.2 today. The motorway speed limit is still missing and “autopilot unavailable”. All traffic visuals disappeared although it still managed to see the road markings either side and chimed on a green light, but no traffic light display. Did the 2 button salute with no improvement. Powered off by parking and getting out, then another 2 button salute and it looks like the visuals are back. Not tried the motorway again so don’t know if the speed limit is back, bu assuming I’m expecting too much!

40.2 today. Dual carriageway. Van in lane 1 indicated to move in front of me (and slightly repositioned in its lane). My M3 slowed down to make a gap (or at least not be in the danger zone). It may have been like that for years but that’s a first for me. Nice. Tiny glimmer of what the future will be like. It’s a long tail of problems to solve though.

40.2 today. Dual carriageway. Van in lane 1 indicated to move in front of me (and slightly repositioned in its lane). My M3 slowed down to make a gap (or at least not be in the danger zone). It may have been like that for years but that’s a first for me. Nice. Tiny glimmer of what the future will be like. It’s a long tail of problems to solve though.
I think I remember Tesla saying that their NN was picking up on yaw angle of adjacent cars to determine if a cut in was about to occur.

40.4.2 this morning. This evening did an hours drive to a winter wonderland thing, the battery still wasn’t warm and had to manually brake - first world problems I know.

We were there an hour before the return journey and the battery still wasn’t giving full regen when we got home.

5 mins of local roads, 20 mins at motorway speed and 35 mins 50-60mpg country roads. Each way.

Is that normal? Not seen it take that long before. 5-7 degrees c outside.

40.4.2 this morning. This evening did an hours drive to a winter wonderland thing, the battery still wasn’t warm and had to manually brake - first world problems I know.

We were there an hour before the return journey and the battery still wasn’t giving full regen when we got home.

5 mins of local roads, 20 mins at motorway speed and 35 mins 50-60mpg country roads. Each way.

Is that normal? Not seen it take that long before. 5-7 degrees c outside.
The batteries are large and operating temp is 31°C