Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was only me...my Y just re-installed 44.2 even though It was already on that software when I collected it last Thursday. Strange
Are you sure you haven't misread 40.4.2 with 44.2?
It was just out last week so that would mean you had a day of sw release vehicle, would seem pretty unusual. The first cars that got 44.2 were on Dec.3rd according to TeslaFi..

Reactions: Adopado
So, .40.8...

- Energy app is a joke. This morning, it's telling me if I'd set the temperature to 22 deg C, I'd have saved 0.1% battery. Want to guess what the temperature was set to? And if I set it lower, I get the same message. Generally poor ergonomic design (unnecessarily small fonts, not designed properly for RHD etc).

- Climate control auto means only blow air at the windscreen. I wondered why even with the temperature set high yesterday evening, my hands were still cold. Would not stop doing this, same again this morning.

- Violent swerving to abort a lane change back to nearside lane, nothing near the car.

- Phantom braking a couple of times yesterday.

- Auto wipers coming on for street lights.

Update: popped out from work at lunchtime, the heat on screen only issue didn't occur.

So, was it because it was warmer? It was 2 Deg C so I don't think that's likely... but the other difference was I didn't bother to preheat. So could preheating be making it stick on a defrost mode? Now I need to try leaving the office this evening without preheating and get a cold backside so I can test this theory.

Not preconditioning didn't change anything apart from the car being very cold.

I did get it to display the auto defogging message after I'd cycled the manual defog control on and off. So I think it's been doing it in secret. So I switched to manual and turned the fan to three ways.

Later on I thought it was very warm and my face was hot. Despite it being in manual it had gone back to top vent only, probably the secret auto defog again.

Continuous improvement eh?