Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is YouTube resolution really a pressing concern? Never realised people cared that much about watching it in the car.

He he ... yes, not the biggest of issues ... though if this had been indicative of a general restriction on paid of Premium Connectivity being implemented by Tesla (a concern that was apparent from a couple of posts) it was worth getting a definitive answer.

When requiring to wait for lengthy periods whilst my wife was receiving frequent day-attendance hospital treatment last year it was good to be able to watch video and TV at good quality in the car.

Derek at Tesla Service Edinburgh responded to my service request regarding this saying that it is due to a YouTube change (not a Tesla change) and will be rectified with an update once resolved. Given that all the other streaming services seemed to be working normally this always seemed the most likely scenario.
This Not a tesla app page explains the issue and also provides some workaround. No idea whether this works!

• Informative
Reactions: init6 and Adopado
Apologies if this has been mentioned in this thread but I seem to be having connectivity issues since installing 2022.44.30 on my MYLR - frequently getting the offline routing on the nav message, voice commands giving me a connection error and Spotify being very hit and miss. Yesterday a bit of the map was missing near my destination.

2 button reset seems to rectify for a short time.

Is it just me and is this just something I need to bear until I get into the 2023. Release?

Reactions: Anfieldgaz
Apologies if this has been mentioned in this thread but I seem to be having connectivity issues since installing 2022.44.30 on my MYLR - frequently getting the offline routing on the nav message, voice commands giving me a connection error and Spotify being very hit and miss. Yesterday a bit of the map was missing near my destination.

Is it just me and is this just something I need to bear until I get into the 2023. Release?

Is there any consistent pattern of the poor connectivity? If it's when travelling a particular route it could be the LTE masts having issues. If things improve after a reset I can understand your suspicions that it is software related. I can't say I've read comments recently to suggest others are having that issue related to software version. If it doesn't improve with new update (when it arrives) just make a service request on the app. They can often do some diagnostics remotely and if necessary have the car in to check directly.

Reactions: deputydaveni

Having the exact same issues for over a week now. Very frustrating.

Firmware, how people use the cars - lots of variables. Not surprising if you've been on here a while.
I’m finding this issue super weird but that’s maybe the newbie (pick-up in Dec 22) in me!

On the surface would look like a phone signal issue (only seems to happen within about 1 mile of my house!) but car is reporting good signal.

Speedtest will run in the browser

YouTube & Disney Plus will play but Netflix won’t load

Spotify won’t search but if loaded on wifi prior to departure will allow you to skip through the playlist with the scroll wheels and tunes will play

Dynamic NAV search won’t work and it takes forever to calculate route to even somewhere previously stored

Teslamate is reporting the car offline.

From looking back in the Teslamate the issue cropped up on 25th January and I installed 2022.30.44 on the evening of the 24th. Checking every day for a 2023. release in the hope it’ll sort it out!

In the meantime, I’ve reported it in the app, will report back with whatever the outcome turns out to be.