Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on 2022.44.25.3 and I wondered if anyone else has had similar difficulties.

I keep being locked out with my iPhone in my pocket, keep re-trying, doing pirouettes and eventually it might open after 5 or 6 attempts at the door handle, sometimes have to accept defeat and use the card.

Yesterday after doing about 10 miles, the map remained the same showing my location was at home. I then made a daft decision to reboot the car as I was driving, it took ages to get anything back on the screen - no satellite view, no speedo (oops), seemed to have lost all my settings. I think it lost all contact with mothership. After parking for a couple of hours it seemed to be back to normal until I discovered various settings were wrong and I had to sign back in to Spotify before it would work.

Wipers are fine for me on auto in the daylight, but at night they are terrible- auto being totally hopeless, I recruited my wife to keep altering the settings to cope with changing conditions.

Auto headlights are good, but too long delay before returning to full beam.

I don’t like the new auto cancel setting for the indicators - you loose the three blinks feature.

I like the return of the cards showing tyre pressure and trip info, but the other day that facility disappeared completely until I rebooted.

More bug fixes please!

I’m on 2022.44.25.3 and I wondered if anyone else has had similar difficulties.

I keep being locked out with my iPhone in my pocket, keep re-trying, doing pirouettes and eventually it might open after 5 or 6 attempts at the door handle, sometimes have to accept defeat and use the card.

Yesterday after doing about 10 miles, the map remained the same showing my location was at home. I then made a daft decision to reboot the car as I was driving, it took ages to get anything back on the screen - no satellite view, no speedo (oops), seemed to have lost all my settings. I think it lost all contact with mothership. After parking for a couple of hours it seemed to be back to normal until I discovered various settings were wrong and I had to sign back in to Spotify before it would work.

Wipers are fine for me on auto in the daylight, but at night they are terrible- auto being totally hopeless, I recruited my wife to keep altering the settings to cope with changing conditions.

Auto headlights are good, but too long delay before returning to full beam.

I don’t like the new auto cancel setting for the indicators - you loose the three blinks feature.

I like the return of the cards showing tyre pressure and trip info, but the other day that facility disappeared completely until I rebooted.

More bug fixes please!
My car's been stuck when turning on the last twice - stuck in dark mode and the map frozen, no access to settings, reboot fixes

Is this the big red steering wheel and "take control immediately"? Often this means that the autopilot computer is confused and has given up. It can be because one of the two autopilot computer nodes has crashed and is rebooting. If you find that all autopilot features (even TACC) are unavailable for about a minute or two, and then come back, this is probably a sign of one of the autopilot computer nodes rebooting.

As a one off, I'd put it down to a glitch. If it starts happening regularly, and particularly if it isn't confined to just one software release which may have a bug, then I'd suggest noting down the exact time of each occurrance and then opening a service request. They can check the logs to see what was going on at the time, and it could be a sign of a faulty computer.
You have it exactly, thanks for the advice, I’ll monitor it closely now👍

Reactions: Overworked
I have an Android phone - it seems most of the time the phone needs to be unlocked for the car to unlock. I had assumed that's some sort of peculiarity with my particular phone but maybe not.

The smart indicators thing works well about 95% the time for me. Obviously not going to work that well with roundabouts although around here most people seem to think indicating is optional so probably nobody notices me battling to cancel them.

Wipers are still terrible, they were seemingly improved in the point release as I've found myself manually pushing the button less, but still struggle with drizzle and overall seem to be unable to find the right setting for the conditions. They should send someone out to Scotland for testing.

Regarding the auto high beam I still don't use it. Them coming on too late after switching off seems a fairly common complaint for other brands too and it's probably better to be cautious given how awful they were before and how bad they can be for other drivers.

I have an Android phone - it seems most of the time the phone needs to be unlocked for the car to unlock. I had assumed that's some sort of peculiarity with my particular phone but maybe not.
You can use android phones just like the key card (by touching on the B pillar) once you set it up as a key rather than unlocking it all the time. Still yours should work as bluetoothed key without unlocking - may be try and remove the phone and reset and add it again.

The smart indicators thing works well about 95% the time for me. Obviously not going to work that well with roundabouts although around here most people seem to think indicating is optional so probably nobody notices me battling to cancel them.

Wipers are still terrible, they were seemingly improved in the point release as I've found myself manually pushing the button less, but still struggle with drizzle and overall seem to be unable to find the right setting for the conditions. They should send someone out to Scotland for testing.

Regarding the auto high beam I still don't use it. Them coming on too late after switching off seems a fairly common complaint for other brands too and it's probably better to be cautious given how awful they were before and how bad they can be for other drivers.
I've got Android - OnePlus 8 - never had to take the phone out of my pocket

Also got the notification over night and set it off installing when I got to work. Release notes did look the same as last time, but I'm hoping for some improvements to the Radio in Apple Music (so that it shows the current show and track).

Good to see Mahjong being improved. That must have been the #1 requested feature with Tesla owners around the world I guess.