Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
2022.44 reported to include:

• Sentry mode option to turn off camera based detection, instead activating sentry mode only when intrusion is detected
  • Adjustment of sentry mode clip length
  • Thai language support.
Not sure if this is the 'Christmas' update or a pre-cursor to it. Perhaps more features will be leaked shortly.

No record of it even existing on TeslaFi, much less being installed on anything the UK. :eek:
Yes. I'm unsure where this source gets their info from so early. Photo's of the new feature are generally included so wonder if it's from an insider build.

Worth noting that it takes a while to understand which features will be available for which models in which markets.

Reactions: Durzel
Do the release notes look fake to anyone else?. Look at the formatting of the recommended controls which don’t actually follow the correct format Tesla use and there’s a spacing mistake, the time also looks like a cut and paste graphic. There’s also no sign of anyone getting the release.

No different to the other stylised graphics used in many places. Or are you saying that you believe it is fake content? I guess we will quickly find out if that is true or not, but it’s normally spot on feature wise even if it doesn’t apply to every car and their ‘analysis’ is just a third party point of view based on info from a variety or sources, some insider, some empirical from customer rollouts or feedback. A very reliable source of info if, like many things on the web/media you separate the facts from the ‘analysis’. Certainly not fake.

Reactions: Medved_77
would ‘sentry mode on intrusion’ mean no full computer running? You’d think it would be a logical extension to the regular alarm rather than an option on sentry mode. Something I’d like on 100% even at home (turn on the cameras on movement/intrusion)

would ‘sentry mode on intrusion’ mean no full computer running? You’d think it would be a logical extension to the regular alarm rather than an option on sentry mode. Something I’d like on 100% even at home (turn on the cameras on movement/intrusion)
Doubt it. One of the other sites is suggesting the interior camera would now also record. They do say it’s speculation, but I can see the logic. The whole point of sentry is to record the culprits, so if the cameras are turned off to save power, just what is the difference to an alarm.

Still no sign of anyone having had it on TeslaFi. I know that's only a subset of Tesla owners, but I would have expected it to appear for someone on there.....
Nor on Teslascope who claim they have staff cars. Hence why I'm a little suspicious. It's rippling around all of them, Teslanorth, Teslainfo etc, if enough say it, it must be true!

Maybe they all just need a few more clicks to pay for the christmas shopping :)

Reactions: Durzel
If I had to guess I'd say that Tesla have probably clamped down on using third party apps on staff cars. We used to regularly see the odd one or two (presumed) staff cars on teslafi a while before a release was seen in the wild, but this doesn't seem to happen any longer.

AIUI staff were always prohibted from doing this, but maybe they are enforcing it a bit more strictly?

Only thing on the release notes is Thai language.
Thanks for that info.

Strange that the option to alter the length of a sentry clip appears to be regional. Can maybe understand regional privacy laws, or perhaps the existence of the intrusion sensor in the UK (but not some other markets) resulting in the other sentry mode changes not being deployed here.

Oh well.... If you're a Tesla owning Thai national living in the UK then this update is for you :)