Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have they always called autopilot auto steer? Updated software today and my cameras were blind this morning until out on the motorway. Then a message popped up on the right saying ‘press stalk down twice for AutoSteer’. Don’t remember seeing that before
That's what it's been called in the manual since forever, but there do seem to be lots of recent-ish changes to the messages in the car.

I've noticed that since the last couple of updates the 'auto-steer' thing seems to be more aggressively intervening, specifically when neither autopilot or cruise control are in use.

I had two or three occasions when on country lanes I was deliberately moving towards the crown of the road to avoid potholes and/or collapsed grids the car has tried to force me back, even when there is no oncoming traffic.

Reactions: Battpower
Does not seem to have fixed window wipers constantly coming on when in 1-click autopilot.

This is driving me insane. It works perfectly fine (well, as "good" as it has for the last couple of years) during daylight or darkness, but darkness with street lights (e.g. most motorways) the wipers just constantly wipe no matter what the actual weather is doing. I've had to fdo a little under 2000 miles in the last 2 weeks due to some family issues, and not being able to use basic cruise control (never mind autosteer) on my £50k car is frustrating me to the point I'm considering getting rid.

Clearer nav (which didn’t really look different)
Zoom (been talked about for ages)
Wi-Fi garage opener, not that many of us have electric garage doors in the U.K., let alone ones that can be remotely controlled
Apple Music and a few GUI tweaks, or not
Light show and farts controlled (and maybe programmable) from the app for your 9 year old inner self
Steam game integration, if you actually spend time sitting in your car playing games
Interior camera access, maybe only with dog mode, maybe sentry

And maybe FSD hardware update

I’ve now saved you all 15 mins of your life watching the video, you can thank me later

Wi-Fi garage opener, not that many of us have electric garage doors in the U.K., let alone ones that can be remotely controlled
Light show and farts controlled (and maybe programmable) from the app for your 9 year old inner self
Steam game integration, if you actually spend time sitting in your car playing games

I’ve now saved you all 15 mins of your life watching the video, you can thank me later
Did the video mention what is likely to get broken with this update? Every update these days seems to either remove a feature or break a feature that previously worked ok. Thus needing another update to fix the last one.

Did the video mention what is likely to get broken with this update? Every update these days seems to either remove a feature or break a feature that previously worked ok. Thus needing another update to fix the last one.
Auto headlights are due to revert back to poor performance, so that’s my guess. Ive had a couple of updates now and they’ve been ok so it’s long over due.

I-guess-meme-12.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
Does not seem to have fixed window wipers constantly coming on when in 1-click autopilot.
This has rendered autopilot completely useless for me. I admittedly have a phobia of dry windscreen wipers and if they go off when the screen is dry I have to shut then down immediately. So simply cannot use TACC any more. Frankly this, alone, would stop be buying another Tesla!

There is another take on what’s coming if you prefer words rather than a video, but largely variations on the same theme

Adds some thoughts around single stack FSD, maybe Twitter in the car, and supercharger reviews.

It also talks about a proper App Store (I dont know much about steam but could that be a connection?) and Alexa (maybe the garage door, but would be much more general purpose), but says these aren’t likely soon.

What it all suggests to me is there are plenty of things being toyed with, but what we get and when is still a little unknown

My AHB has gone from being a liability to a thing of joy with one of these last two releases. They are now great at not blinding oncoming cars even pre-empting cars coming over hills or around corners and at great distance . Perhaps a bit slow going back to high beam but I’ll happily take them as they are.

I didn’t drive on dual carriageways and couldn’t determine what they are like when following a car so there are some potential pitfalls still, but I am really pleased with what feels like the first genuine step forward in any of the car’s automatic features in ages.

My AHB has gone from being a liability to a thing of joy with one of these last two releases. They are now great at not blinding oncoming cars even pre-empting cars coming over hills or around corners and at great distance . Perhaps a bit slow going back to high beam but I’ll happily take them as they are.

I didn’t drive on dual carriageways and couldn’t determine what they are like when following a car so there are some potential pitfalls still, but I am really pleased with what feels like the first genuine step forward in any of the car’s automatic features in ages.

They are great when following cars too. I kept them enabled on a 4 hour drive and they only turned themselves on at correct moments, never when I was following cars on single or dual carriageways.

The only scenario I have not encountered is dual carriageways when your side is clear but there are cars coming the other way.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20

Thanks George I had to stop watching it as his dirty car in the background was triggering me :)

If the above rumours are true, then I wont be getting excited about this x-mas release:-

I don't have a problem with the existing Nav.
I thought ZOOM had died when lock down ended, I spend half my working day on calls, never used Zoom for one of them (must be a US thing).
I have no garage.
Happy with Spotify, so won't subscribe to Apple.
I find it hard enough controlling my own farts, so not bothered about the fart via app control,
I'm not a gamer (unless you count candycrush on the phone),
I have no pets.