Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the update this morning and really pleased to now have direct access to my Apple Music account and library from the car. I appreciate this doesn't add much for people who are not using the Apple ecosystem, but those of us who do, this is a huge improvement over either accessing music from the Tesla Spotify account or else connecting your phone over bluetooth to access your Apple Music Library. I have been hoping for this since I got my M3 3 years ago so happy to see it finally implemented and working well.
We are full 'apple' here, macs, iphones, atv however i get free spotify with my phone contract that my company pays for so for now i'll stick with that.

I’m surprised no one has commented on ‘cards are back’ in the list of features of the update. If true this is great news if it restores a lost feature. Quick swipe on the visualisation screen - one way to get trip information and the other to check tyre pressures. I felt it was a big loss when this facility disappeared a while ago.
They're also a really nice redesign, based on what I've seen in the videos.

Has anybody with the update seen if podcasts are visible in the apple music app as well please?
Podcasts don’t show up in Apple Music. They do, however show up on TuneIn if you do a search.

I’ve now been to the car with the wife. Apple Music accounts are driver profile specific. Yay!

Favourites and recents are also driver specific.

The search function is pretty cool. It searches all your enabled sources and provides a slew of results.

Reactions: Jonnnoy
Unless I’ve missed it, anybody care to share what they’ve actually got in the U.K.? Seems as usual model and whether you have Ryzen or not are important, as does paint colour, whether your VIN is both a prime number and in the Fibonacci sequence and if you’re parked facing magnetic or true north at the time.
The last one was "fixed" in an update last month - with the bonus that a free alignment with grid North was thrown in for UK users.
Glad to be of service.

Reactions: Astrape
Unless I’ve missed it, anybody care to share what they’ve actually got in the U.K.? Seems as usual model and whether you have Ryzen or not are important, as does paint colour, whether your VIN is both a prime number and in the Fibonacci sequence and if you’re parked facing magnetic or true north at the time.

Got Apple Music, the new cards, updated navigation windows, three levels of fan speed independent of auto, viewing of internal camera via app. I don't think i have remote farting yet though :(

Reactions: H43lio and browellm
Fun and novelty and additional music services are all well and good….I just would prefer it if some other improvements more fundamental to it being a car came first, or if we at least had any sign they were being prioritised, even if they take longer to complete.

Fun and novelty and additional music services are all well and good….I just would prefer it if some other improvements more fundamental to it being a car came first, or if we at least had any sign they were being prioritised, even if they take longer to complete.
We all would, but the trinkets and sparkly things are being doled out to keep us amused until they can do so!

My car is currently in the garage going through its first MOT - will test the functionality with the Tesla Apple Music App when I get it back. Assuming of course it passes its MOT...
Did you use this opportunity to test remote fart mode by any chance ;)

Maybe best not to. I'm sure Tesla cursed us the day we collected and I did a horn test whilst handover guy was near the empty car...