Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Apple Podcasts, I’m afraid. First thing wife checked. Podcasts are available through TuneIn, however.

Yes to Apple Music radio stations, however.
That’s a shame, was hoping I could bin off TuneIn and not have to fiddle with my phone to listen to podcasts behind the Patreon paywall.

Still glad I no longer need to maintain a skeleton Spotify library for the car.

Unless I’ve missed it, anybody care to share what they’ve actually got in the U.K.? Seems as usual model and whether you have Ryzen or not are important, as does paint colour, whether your VIN is both a prime number and in the Fibonacci sequence and if you’re parked facing magnetic or true north at the time.
Screenshot_20221215_143814_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20221215_143820_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20221215_143825_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20221215_143833_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20221215_143838_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20221215_143843_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Having just been out for a quick spin, the new media bar is too small - song titles get cut off and there's no attempt to scroll or anything to show them, and it'll mean my wife can no longer operate the media when I'm driving.. if wish it would pop back when you went into the music app, that would be ideal. So now we have the trip card back.. but if you want to use it you can't control what you're playing..

New navigation is an improvement.. not really sure I see the point in having the destination panel at the bottom permanently when there's already a panel at the top.. but I could get used to it.

Reactions: spdpsba
Just had my first drive and play around on the new software:
1. New navigation is nice. I like the larger upcoming directions. Having the map from top to bottom of the screen is also nice
2. Still undecided if I like the destination card being at the bottom though, now you have two places on the screen to look at for navigation information. Probably something to get used to, not a big deal
3. Music card by driver... undecided on that too. It's nice having it close to the driver but the font seems smaller and others have said, no scrolling. I didn't think it would annoy me but it does! Also passenger has to reach much further now if they want to skip (yeah they could simply ask the driver, but that's a little annoying). Would be great to have an option to swipe it back and forth between old position and new
4. Cards for tire pressure and trip information. I thought I would welcome this more but I guess I don't really care that much? This is the first time I've had cards (since I didn't have my Y during v10) but now I don't see what the huge fuss was about when they got rid of them. Maybe I need to do more driving to appreciate them
5. Climate fan control. Muuuch better having the buttons to change fan speed when not on auto. I hated having to slide it to the desired speed! Also great having the option to change fan speed on auto, although "low" still blows pretty hard (that's what sh... ok I'm too old for that now!)
6. I was hoping this update will bring me "Brake when Regen unavailable" but I still don't have it... quite annoying to be honest. Does anyone else have this issue?
7. I don't use Apple Music but nice to have the option
8. Did others lose Sonic game with this update? Admittedly, I've still yet to download any game because it's always stuck in "Pending" but that was one game I was looking forward to playing!

Overall, nice to have new features. I do get some of the frustrations now when people complained about upgrading and losing some conveniences but as long as the number of conveniences is a net positive, I guess that's all that matters.