Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just driven 160 mile round trip to Suffolk for Christmas. One leg at night, one leg in the day, both on 25.3

AP, AHB, wipers, car, passengers, radio, app, and Santa mode all behaved impeccably. I must have low expectations 🤷‍♂️

I’m glad you don’t see how I can compare two cars in my ownership. Thanks for letting me that it would be impossible.
Don’t mention it, you are ever so welcome.

I still think it’s pointless comparing Tesla with Audi. Audi have proven, fantastic, class leading technology in matrix lights. Tesla have only just managed to make bog standard AHB sort of acceptable after several years. No one knows what their active matrix lights will be like when/if they enable them with software updates. Given their track record they will probably be crap. Your comparison only serves to illustrate how far behind Tesla are.

Matrix lights have a specific hardware design where light is from a matrix of pixels. Newer Tesla lights are using a matrix of pixels. Tesla lights are matrix lights. Those are indisputable facts.

Tesla matrix lights do not have adaptive capabilities. They can be full beam or they can be dipped by switching off a fixed block of pixels. Fact.

Tesla lights are not as effective as the type of high definition auto adaptive headlights available from some other brands. Fact.

Tesla never claimed that their lights were auto adaptive beyond the kind of AHB that can be done with non matrix lights.

Everything else in this discussion is opinion and/or speculation.

This thread is supposed to be about software version 2022.44 and none of this is relevant.
In other words you are saying Tesla lights are still years behind the competition. Basically crap. It’s nice to have it confirmed by someone who knows all the facts.

Isn’t most of this forum opinion and/or speculation?

In a reversal of fortune, my M3’s wipers behaved perfectly in this morning’s drizzle on 44.25.3, whilst wife’s Outlander struggled to clear it sensibly. To be fair, both cars are usually OK.
I am a complete duffer when it comes to anything software related.

But surely it wouldn't be hard to have a sensitivity slider. Or recognise that when you press the wiper button on the stalk, that it is not wiping quickly enough and reduce the time delay by - say 0.25 of a second each time?

Wipers are the worst "automatic" implementation I have had on any car - including a 1995 Peugeot 306!

Reactions: Simavon
I am a complete duffer when it comes to anything software related.

But surely it wouldn't be hard to have a sensitivity slider. Or recognise that when you press the wiper button on the stalk, that it is not wiping quickly enough and reduce the time delay by - say 0.25 of a second each time?

Wipers are the worst "automatic" implementation I have had on any car - including a 1995 Peugeot 306!
Yes. You’d have thought that a slider wouldn’t be that hard to implement when in auto mode.

Anyone else having issues with sentry staying on at home even though it's set to exclude home? Has worked fine for the last few years until a few weeks ago when updated to 2022.44.2.
Updated to 2022.44.25.3 last night and still the same
Be sure that your car is where you think it is. I had a problem a while ago where the car thought it was at 4 Acacia Avenue when it was parked at 6 Acacia avenue. Just enough for it to be out of range for Home. A quick look on Google maps showed the error on the map. Try setting home to your current location rather than a specific address to see if the car thinks it's somewhere else. IIRC a map update fixed the issue.

Reactions: RW2108
Be sure that your car is where you think it is. I had a problem a while ago where the car thought it was at 4 Acacia Avenue when it was parked at 6 Acacia avenue. Just enough for it to be out of range for Home. A quick look on Google maps showed the error on the map. Try setting home to your current location rather than a specific address to see if the car thinks it's somewhere else. IIRC a map update fixed the issue.
Thanks for that, I'll try setting home to current location tomorrow!

Reactions: init6
Does anyone else get quite significant GPS errors when leaving the garage?

The map is often half a mile from me when I depart.
When I leave my office, mine often has no clue at all and merrily drives me through buildings and fields in the wrong direction. Takes about 5 minutes to sort itself out.

However, thinking about it, I haven't seen that for a while now...

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel