Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed a bug the other day: heavy rain resulting in multiple “cameras blinded” warnings as usual. But when going on the settings menu to turn my rear fog lights on, the alerts dialogue (the list of alerts) kept popping up over the settings menu making it unusable. Each time it was dismissed, it would immediately reappear (presumably because the alert itself is being refreshed).

Noticed a bug the other day: heavy rain resulting in multiple “cameras blinded” warnings as usual. But when going on the settings menu to turn my rear fog lights on, the alerts dialogue (the list of alerts) kept popping up over the settings menu making it unusable. Each time it was dismissed, it would immediately reappear (presumably because the alert itself is being refreshed).
Have you done a 2 button reboot yet?

Why would you be turning your rear fog (the clue is on the name!) lights on in heavy rain?
I believe that in heavy rain and reduced visibility that is acceptable.

Rule 236 of the Highway Code says "You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves."

Not sure of how bad the weather was in this case tho...

I believe that in heavy rain and reduced visibility that is acceptable.

Rule 236 of the Highway Code says "You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves."

Not sure of how bad the weather was in this case tho...
But rear fog lights in heavy rain simply dazzle following drivers and make it difficult to see brake lights come on.

The car jabbing on the brakes (or really just lifting off) when signalling a lane change continues in .5. Best conclusion I can come to is that in dark / poor visibility conditions it needs to change speed slightly in order to determine the distance of a car visible in the cameras. Annoying though.

The car jabbing on the brakes (or really just lifting off) when signalling a lane change continues in .5. Best conclusion I can come to is that in dark / poor visibility conditions it needs to change speed slightly in order to determine the distance of a car visible in the cameras. Annoying though.
I’ve noticed this happening. Also happens in perfectly clear daylight, too.

Reactions: JamiePP
I enjoyed the "idiots lantern" phrase. Not heard that one.

To be honest I have near enough never used the fogs, but the rain was torrential and the spray meant visibility was very bad. A number of cars around me had their fogs on. I'll bear in mind the above criticism before ever using it again. :)
Full disclosure.
As the headlights are so poor, I use my front fogs as well as...
Not a brilliant idea but the headlights aren't brilliant either

Reactions: candida
You're lucky if that's all, on the latest software mine go crazy for about 30 seconds every time I leave the drive but then behave well for the rest of the journey (pretty much the opposite of my regular passenger).
Peculiar, because I find the auto wipers absolutely fine over 9000+ miles driving in 6 months. They very occasionally get it wrong, but that’s my experience with auto wipers in other brands.

Appreciate I’m the lucky exception here though. It’s remarkable how there’s such a wide range of experiences in this feature.

For what it’s worth the auto high beam has been great too, with only the very occasional comedy flicker of up/down/up caused seemingly by reflections from road signs.

Reactions: Mik3LR