Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, used it for the first time today after 2022.8.x update and it didn’t open fully. I will need to reset and test again. I didn’t consider the software update as the cause, thought it was the first sign of my powered strut playing up.

Did it double beep when it stopped opening?

If so, that's the first symptom of the failing strut issue.

Did it double beep when it stopped opening?

If so, that's the first symptom of the failing strut issue.
Yeah, I don't know as I opened it from the app whilst I was still in the house as got outside to find it only a little more than half way open. It was 5am so I didn't mess about resetting the height or retesting it.

I have just done my first long run with this update on a regular route and it seemed fine. A little less twitchy and not as hesitant as previously.

I thought the AP bongs were slightly muted and not as harsh too. Could just be my hearing!

Tesla just called and confirmed a problem with an update may have caused the boot problem and Tesla are working on a fix. It should be fixed on 2022.16 onwards. If it’s not then they will look at the strut issue. The firmware is making the boot think someone is pressing the button again when it’s half way.

That's interesting.

Just to confirm, did yours also double beep when it stops opening with this issue?

2022.8.3 incoming (from .2). Car woke itself up to get the update, which is unusual (in my experience)

Perhaps a fix for the double beep boot issue (my car doesn’t have an OEM auto boot so can’t test)

2022.8.3 seems to be providing much less regen braking. I’ve found myself using the brakes quite a bit today despite 12 degrees outside.
I haven’t changed my settings but I’ll check them tomorrow