Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this before… just woke up and there was a notification on my phone from the Tesla app saying a software update is available. But when I went onto the app (I tapped the notification) nothing came up. Just been out to the car and it’s still saying the software is up to date (I have 2022.4.5.3).

My parking distance sensors seem more laggy & behaving oddly after this update. I've not noticed them being "odd" before the update. I was sitting around half a car length behind a car at traffic lights earlier, the front sensors activated & kept cycling between different distances while no-one around me was moving. They also seem slower to update when parking too, so I've needed to creep into spots much more slowly today.

The back camera has never been laggy on mine (that I've noticed anyway).

How about when the app says the cabin is 30 degrees, I’ll do what I like with MY car. And how am I troubling the battery if it’s plugged in charging?
The lighthearted suggestion of opening the windows was just as an option. Pre conditioning normally relates to getting the battery nearer to its optimal temperature and that aspect isn’t needed. For anyone who is looking for best efficiency it is going to use less battery (or less mains electricity) to simply open the windows to cool the cabin (at present outside temperatures). This would, of course, make a tiny tiny tiny difference… but it’s an option!

The lighthearted suggestion of opening the windows was just as an option. Pre conditioning normally relates to getting the battery nearer to its optimal temperature and that aspect isn’t needed. For anyone who is looking for best efficiency it is going to use less battery (or less mains electricity) to simply open the windows to cool the cabin (at present outside temperatures). This would, of course, make a tiny tiny tiny difference… but it’s an option!
I was responding to someone stating that his climate preconditioning days are over as a reaction to the update. So I was suggesting that might not necessarily be the case.

Okay, I was at the gym and my car was plugged into a pod point. As I was getting changed I looked on the app and it stated 30 degrees. I’m not getting all showered to then go into a hot car to sweat my knackers off. I turned on the air con to make sure I would be comfortable. If that’s not something you would do then fine, but it is something I’d do.

I was responding to someone stating that his climate preconditioning days are over as a reaction to the update. So I was suggesting that might not necessarily be the case.

Okay, I was at the gym and my car was plugged into a pod point. As I was getting changed I looked on the app and it stated 30 degrees. I’m not getting all showered to then go into a hot car to sweat my knackers off. I turned on the air con to make sure I would be comfortable. If that’s not something you would do then fine, but it is something I’d do.
You have to remember adopado is in Scotland so the concept of needing to cool the car is not one he is familiar with 😂

Do what you need to do ... I'm just chipping in some points ... which may be totally inappropriate for your particular situation ... that's just fine :) . (I know I'm flogging a dead horse here but I'll just point out that the windows can be vented from the app ... or if in a secure location opened completely from the app ... but clearly, like the rest of us, you will use your preconditioning and A/C as required.)

Reactions: diddy84
You have to remember adopado is in Scotland so the concept of needing to cool the car is not one he is familiar with 😂
Haha, I was actually in Strathclyde Park on Wednesday. I ran around the loch then told my car to warm itself up whilst I was on the final stretch I was sweaty then too, but cold.

*random pic from my sunset run around Strathy*

Attachments

• 6452E585-F86C-45EB-8C8B-C60965611CDB.jpeg
    6452E585-F86C-45EB-8C8B-C60965611CDB.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 58
If it's any consolation @Adopado, venting windows exactly what I do on a hot day. It keeps the car at sufficient temperature until I actually get in, turn on a/c & it then cools it down rapidly. I've never yet felt the need to pre-cool but I can see the benefit in doing so.
Coming back to the car from the beach in Algarve is one of those situations where turning on the A/C a few minutes early is sheer bliss.
I remember "when I were a lad" we'd get in the car and the steering wheel would be too hot to hold....

Them were the days.... <wipes a nostalgic tear>

In a situation where the outside temperature is still fairly low, but the interior has been heated by the sun, I would expect that the climate control system would cool the car simply by circulating external air, so would use negligible power - basically running nothing more than the fan. So not too different from opening the windows, really.

Reactions: diddy84