Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my first drive on 8.2.
30 mile round trip on NoA. Car just seems more confident. Whether I was holding the wheel with more resistance I’m not sure, but I didn’t get a single nag on the whole trip!
Lane changes performed flawlessly.
Nice to be back on summer weather. 215Wh/mile
I’ll have to to test it out on my B road test track but, I ususally let it take a bend at 60 on AP. It complains but does it fine.
I was only doing 50 and upped it to 60 just before the bend. It didn’t start accelerating until after the bend this time. I wonder if is now programmed to slow for bends!

I was only doing 50 and upped it to 60 just before the bend. It didn’t start accelerating until after the bend this time. I wonder if is now programmed to slow for bends!
If this is true then that would be excellent :). Something I've long wished the car would do & as it's a Tesla I'm confident it would do so one day.

Last edited:
If this is true then that would be excellent :). Something I've long wished the car would do & as it's a Tesla I'm confident it would do so one day.
Mine slows for bends. There are a couple of long sweeping on/off ramps on the M25 I use regularly & I've noticed it slows for them on approach. Not much, but enough that I notice it. Regular AP, not EAP by the way.

Reactions: Drew57
Mine slows for bends. There are a couple of long sweeping on/off ramps on the M25 I use regularly & I've noticed it slows for them on approach. Not much, but enough that I notice it. Regular AP, not EAP by the way.

That's not the same as slowing for corners on ordinary roads. That's fleet speed at intersections and off ramps and existed before the so called slowing for ordinary corners existed and is one cause of phantom braking when the car thinks its on a different part of an offramp or intersection than it really is.

30 mile round trip on NoA. Car just seems more confident. Whether I was holding the wheel with more resistance I’m not sure, but I didn’t get a single nag on the whole trip!
I’ll have to to test it out on my B road test track but, I ususally let it take a bend at 60 on AP. It complains but does it fine.
Coming out of Oxford towards London where the A40 becomes the M40 there is a high speed bend which autopilot slows down for. It did this before 8.2 though.

Tried the bend on AP at 60mph again this morning - no slowdown. I guess it just took time to accelerate yesterday. :mad:

I’ve noticed that selecting the high beam doesn’t bring up the lights sub menu on the lower right of the screen in this new version. This is on a Model Y. I haven’t confirmed it in my M3 yet. Anyone got this?