Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I just got an email to book a collection slot: "within one day of receiving this message"
So, yes I'll do it but; I have to wait seven plus months then Tesla can't wait more than one day. Elon needs to wind his ego in a bit.

What happens if I take two days? Has anyone been brave enough?

The Tesla rep @TeslaChelmsford said (4 months ago) I should be able to arrange delivery to my home rather than having to pick it up. Does anyone know how to implement this, please. Within one day obvs.

Last edited:
Having booked my collection now (for 7 Dec) , does anybody know how long it is until I'll get my reg number, please? Would be handy to know for insurance quotes. I know some companies will quote on the VIN but some won't.
I've been waiting a week since booking, apparently they do it once the location receives the car so maybe 5 or so days after your ship comes in? I managed to get some quotes based on just what the car is (no vin)

Last edited:
Reactions: raretrack
I didn't have any comms from Tesla but logged into the site today and it now shows my trade in offer, exactly one month from collection. Turned out a better offer than either WBAC or motorway too, so makes it easy 👍

Woo Hoo.....just received text from TESLA confirming my delivery date of 9th December to my house. Big improvement from my EDD of Jan 23.
well done on securing home delivery. I tried that from Bluewater but was refused... "due to logistical restrictions allowing the trucks to access the area of where the vehicles are located"
Uhm, I wonder how they get the cars there then?

Ordered MSM standard with RN confirmation on the 3rd May. Still waiting for delivery date. I don’t expect to see it in 2022.
I also ordered in May, do you have an estimated date?
Mine has always been Jan 2023 and never changed.

What i find extremely frustrating is that when i looked on tesla's website for the weeks/months before ordering the EDD was moving forward, And a week before ordering it was Nov-Dec 2022. But when i ordered it was Jan-Mar 2023 and ever since i ordered i have regularly checked the tesla website and the date still states Jan-March 2023 🤷‍♂️.

This is annoying as i have been waiting 6 months now and the date for someone ordering now seems to still be similar to when i ordered months ago.

What i find extremely frustrating is that when i looked on tesla's website for the weeks/months before ordering the EDD was moving forward, And a week before ordering it was Nov-Dec 2022. But when i ordered it was Jan-Mar 2023 and ever since i ordered i have regularly checked the tesla website and the date still states Jan-March 2023 🤷‍♂️.

This is annoying as i have been waiting 6 months now and the date for someone ordering now seems to still be similar to when i ordered months ago.
If its anything like mine, mine will be 9 months 4 days from order to delivery. Puts it around your EDD but considering they upgraded the model 3 line at shanghai you could see that cut by a few months, who knows 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: mhkmiah1

I will have waited almost 9 months by the time I get mine (next Thursday). I swear babies can be made quicker!

Its part of the ordering rollercoaster though. Lead times should be much shorter now the model 3 line has been upgraded. I know the feeling. It can be annoying seeing others get their cars before you even though they ordered later. It will be worth it in the end. Hang in there.

Reactions: Ted56