Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I ordered when I did (Early March). Mine is £7.5k cheaper. At least those of us that ordered a while ago will have seen the value of our cars increase and not depreciate for a change! Hopefully not long to go before the long ranges are built and shipped!

They cant cancel orders because of that can they?

Mines nearly 8k cheaper now from march.
Tesla have always honoured the pricing from the day you order so far. I'm not sure really if there is a legal reason that they have to, but certainly they have. Also in the past when there were price reductions they allowed people to switch to the new pricing instead if it was cheaper.

Just swinging by to say hi !! I can't believe I just found this thread on the forum. A long time visitor to the Orders to Delivery General discussion - good to see a long range one!

I originally ordered 21-11-21, and have a collection date for Thursday. It's been a long time coming. Very lucky ordered when did, I would probably find it difficult to justify paying >60k now. It was £49k when I originally ordered. Makes me feel ancient.

After reading here, my fingers are kept crossed for everyone here to get their beauties very soon. They won't be shipping anything this month, but keep an eye on the shipping thread for boats leaving Shanghai early to mid July for August delivery. August and September might be quite lively.

🍻

Tesla have always honoured the pricing from the day you order so far. I'm not sure really if there is a legal reason that they have to, but certainly they have. Also in the past when there were price reductions they allowed people to switch to the new pricing instead if it was cheaper.
I found that Tesla honour the price you RN'd at if price goes up. Price going down, they found that all people did was cancel and re-order and it screwed with them (cancellations are never good PR). Matching the price was the easiest way out for sure. What I also found was that if a price increase, Tesla won't allow you to swap your vehicle on order for an inventory model of exact spec without you footing the difference in price. This happened to me back in Feb / March when the original increase happened. In order for me to keep my £49k RN I had to wait for an organic match. It meant I missed Q1, but happy that RCC EUROPE came through for quite a few of us.

I must admit, I have never had to experience cars prices going up whilst waiting for a delivery before.. This is a new one for me, welcome to the word of Tesla it seems 🤷‍♂️

I must admit, I have never had to experience cars prices going up whilst waiting for a delivery before.. This is a new one for me, welcome to the word of Tesla it seems
Not just a Tesla thing, others are putting up prices just not as frequently.

I know people that ordered a non-BEV vehicle 6 months ago for just under the £40k tax threshold and a price increase during the delivery wait means they now pay more even though their sale price remains the same because the tax class is on list price the day before registration.

Reactions: Snowy77
I found that Tesla honour the price you RN'd at if price goes up. Price going down, they found that all people did was cancel and re-order and it screwed with them (cancellations are never good PR). Matching the price was the easiest way out for sure. What I also found was that if a price increase, Tesla won't allow you to swap your vehicle on order for an inventory model of exact spec without you footing the difference in price. This happened to me back in Feb / March when the original increase happened. In order for me to keep my £49k RN I had to wait for an organic match. It meant I missed Q1, but happy that RCC EUROPE came through for quite a few of us.

I must admit, I have never had to experience cars prices going up whilst waiting for a delivery before.. This is a new one for me, welcome to the word of Tesla it seems 🤷‍♂️
When I ordered my current (soon to be previous) Model 3 we had both price raises and decreases during the wait between ordering and deliveries. Yes you are locked in to the spec that you ordered, any changes would trigger a repricing using the new rates. When prices came down they repriced everyone.

Interestingly , If you make any changes , then the new price applies . For example , if you add £3400 worth EAP to your original order of MYLR (£54990), then you will have to pay £6400 (EAP + Change in the price). I think its same with change in colour or wheel. I tried adding EAP , the customer service adviced me to add on the console after getting the car ( have to pay only £3400) .

Interestingly , If you make any changes , then the new price applies . For example , if you add £3400 worth EAP to your original order of MYLR (£54990), then you will have to pay £6400 (EAP + Change in the price). I think its same with change in colour or wheel. I tried adding EAP , the customer service adviced me to add on the console after getting the car ( have to pay only £3400) .
Defies logic doesn't it!

I'm adding EAP after I get the car.. no point in PCP'ing an addon. I did the test drive with a car + EAP, and I absolutely loved it. Some don't go much on it, but I played with it, and I was immediately smitten. 😄

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
If any of you waiting for one don't mind an ex-demo there's on on the new inventory website now.
1655720193030.png

I’ve just placed an order for an M3LR white with black interior and 18’ Aeros.
I’ve currently got a ‘21 Q3 SR+ and love it. But with 12 month lead times, increasing prices and increased interest rates looming I’ve decided to order now to lock in the price/rate (wish I had last week 🙄).

I test drove a YLR yesterday but whilst I loved the boot, the driving experience just wasn’t good enough. It felt heavy, harsh and noisy. So M3LR it’ll be 👍

The Y is a better family car, I have no illusions there. But the ride was noticeably more supple in the 3 and the noise over bumps less (I presume the large open boot of the Y doesn’t help). But the steering felt nicer in the 3, and I checked both were in standard settings.
After a week in a Y you’d probably acclimatise.
I enjoy driving so decided the 3 is a better fit for me. I’ve grown to love the looks. I find myself looking out the window at mine.
I’d considered just keeping my SR+ as it does everything I need. But the opportunity to “trade up” is too much. The performance of the LR is mental. Then can go up to 400 miles too. It’s peak BEV in my book.

I've got an EDD!.......for my inventory car, collection any date between 25-30th June from Tesla Park Royal.

Unfortunately I'm abroad until 1st July. After speaking with Tesla, who spoke with the SC, they confirmed that the car simply has to be picked up before the 30th (this was expected, but thought I'd try my luck).

So, I'm arranging to get my dad to pick up the car on my behalf on the 25th.
The CS rep was really helpful and sent me an email with instructions of what to do:
1. Write back to him confirming that I'm nominating my dad to pick the car up,
2. Photos of the front and back of his licence.
They will attach this info to my order so that the SC has it on file for pickup.
I will also be sent an email which I will have to electronically sign (I think this is because I'm buying via Tesla PCP, but could be the case anyway).
Once the delivery date is confirmed, I will also be asked for my deposit (today/tomorrow I guess).

I also asked them if there's any chance they could just deliver to my dad (NW London) - I doubt it but worth checking.

I will update on how it all goes for anyone in a similar situation.

Only concern is what collection of parts might they have used given the Chinese lockdown effected their component suppliers. My bottom line is having the Ryzen, I'll reject it if it's not there. Matrix headlights I'm not so bothered about, same with the windscreen lower half heater (although maybe that's only a Freemont fit option afaik). In theory it should still have radar, the UK page didn't change until some time after my order, but I'm not sure that's a guarantee or even if I care.

I can finally confirm that all our worries are a thing of the past! I'm just going to copy-post from the waiting for delivery forum

Confirming LED matrix lights, NEW light cluster, Ryzen, and everything in between :) :) no panel gaps just a genuine thumbs up from me.

Sorry all! yesterday was frantic, and got in really late so zonked..

All I can say is that it was a fabulous day. As it happened found the Bluewater collection point!

View attachment 820378

lots of cars waiting for new owners!

View attachment 820379

My eagle eyed daughter was the first to spot her!

View attachment 820380

Brilliant, super happy.

View attachment 820381

But of course the moment we'd been waiting for ....

View attachment 820382

But I'm super happy - any worries or doubts have been eroded.

No panel gaps, everything working as intended. NEW rear light cluster, Ryzen... etc etc etc I had my secret hopes, but to be fair they pulled it out the hat for me. I tip my cap to Shanghai they pulled it off. Charge state was 51% and mileage was sitting at 7.

I stuck on a supercharger at the collection point to test charging, and all checked out.

Talking of which.. Granny charger came with the car plus cable

View attachment 820387

Got home, connected to wifi without issue, set up phone key without issue, sound system is great, fart noises are great, the navigation system is superb, and AP is a game changer.

I'm super pleased, hasn't quite sunk in yet, I keep thinking I need to hand her back..

Cheers!

🍻

Let me know if any questions!

I can finally confirm that all our worries are a thing of the past! I'm just going to copy-post from the waiting for delivery forum

Confirming LED matrix lights, NEW light cluster, Ryzen, and everything in between :) :) no panel gaps just a genuine thumbs up from me.

Let me know if any questions!
Thanks for the heads up, Snowy! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday :).

Mine is scheduled for collection next Thursday. My train is booked from Newton Abbot to Southampton Central at around 11am for collection at 3pm.

This time next week I'll be heading back to Devon in my M3, hopefully with a reasonable state of charge and no speeding tickets 😂.

Congrats again!

• Love
Thanks for the heads up, Snowy! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday :).

Mine is scheduled for collection next Thursday. My train is booked from Newton Abbot to Southampton Central at around 11am for collection at 3pm.

This time next week I'll be heading back to Devon in my M3, hopefully with a reasonable state of charge and no speeding tickets 😂.

Congrats again!
Ah brilliant news, well done and grats. Remember nothing to fear, or be afraid about spec wise. Snowy ticked EVERY box from heated wipers to panel gaps to light clusters to matrix headlights to AMDs to no dirty sponges. My gut tells me you'll be as happy as I am and I am one fussy son o beyatch.

Can't wait to see any pics you may share :) :) Counting down until Thursday for you! 🍻

Ah brilliant news, well done and grats. Remember nothing to fear, or be afraid about spec wise. Snowy ticked EVERY box from heated wipers to panel gaps to light clusters to matrix headlights to AMDs to no dirty sponges. My gut tells me you'll be as happy as I am and I am one fussy son o beyatch.

Can't wait to see any pics you may share :) :) Counting down until Thursday for you! 🍻
Cheers mate! That's great to hear.

I'll try to remember to take some pics :)

• Love
hi all, if someone wants to update the spreadsheet I have a Model3 LR, Black on Black, Aero on order since 10/Mar/2022
I had said pickup from Bluewater but the guy at the showroom said they could deliver to my home for no extra charge and to arrange that later. Believe that if it happens.

I had a text way back saying June delivery get ready. Nothing happened. Then i got a text which said November delivery. The way the app estimated date changes is mind boggling🤷‍♂️

Anyway, my phone with the tesla App on has broken, so I now find i have more time and less stress each day by not being able to click to see what random date range has been generated. so that's good.:)

Also the recent good weather has meant I've been out and about in my 12 yo. A5 Cabriolet with the roof down, What a great car. It is able to do 550 miles per diesel charge which only takes 5 minute at any one of many outlets. What's not to like. If Tesla persist into next year with more push backs I think I may bale out and get another Audi.

Reactions: Warp9lecy