Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He anyone ordered in early March and has an August date like I have?

I ordered Blue/white/19s and I desperately want it to arrive before the end of August as we are in Cornwall early September.

I can’t see my Tesla EDD as the lease company will get this.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered Blue/white/19s and I desperately want it to arrive before the end of August as we are in Cornwall early September.

Thanks in advance.
You wont get it ... I ordered in early january and my date is october my friend booked in march his date is november,

I've got an EDD!.......for my inventory car, collection any date between 25-30th June from Tesla Park Royal.

Unfortunately I'm abroad until 1st July. After speaking with Tesla, who spoke with the SC, they confirmed that the car simply has to be picked up before the 30th (this was expected, but thought I'd try my luck).

So, I'm arranging to get my dad to pick up the car on my behalf on the 25th.
The CS rep was really helpful and sent me an email with instructions of what to do:
1. Write back to him confirming that I'm nominating my dad to pick the car up,
2. Photos of the front and back of his licence.
They will attach this info to my order so that the SC has it on file for pickup.
I will also be sent an email which I will have to electronically sign (I think this is because I'm buying via Tesla PCP, but could be the case anyway).
Once the delivery date is confirmed, I will also be asked for my deposit (today/tomorrow I guess).

I also asked them if there's any chance they could just deliver to my dad (NW London) - I doubt it but worth checking.

I will update on how it all goes for anyone in a similar situation.

Update -
Due to unforeseen circumstances (pilot strike) I had to move my flight forward by two days which means I land tomorrow and can pick up my car straight away (thanks pilots!) , which I intend to do as soon as I'm out of the airport!

Timeline:
25th - spoke to SA to change pickup date to 29th. Confirmed immediately in app (VIN and delivery due showing)
26th - text message received with reg (LE71, registered in Feb)
27th - text message received to confirm pickup time and date - and that it'll be 'self-service'. Email also received to e-sign the finance.

Although I wish it had been my new order that I'm picking up, I'm still excited to get a car in the same spec earlier than November. I'm of course anxious that it's condition is an unknown too...(the T&Cs are quite generous regarding scuffs/scratches), I'll soon find out!

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

Yeah unfortunately I cant see any March orders getting delivered August. Mine says 13th Nov - 28th Dec. Ordered 5th March.

Yeah unfortunately I cant see any March orders getting delivered August. Mine says 13th Nov - 28th Dec. Ordered 5th March.
There could be more M3 in Q3 after maintained shutdown. Tesla didn’t make many model 3 in Q2. The model-3 assembly lines will be shutdown between July 1 and 4th and 7700 models will be built after July 5th. I also heard about there is another Model-3 shutdown planned between July 18 – Aug 6 . Hopefully this is correct. I think you may have your car by Sept

There could be more M3 in Q3 after maintained shutdown. Tesla didn’t make many model 3 in Q2. The model-3 assembly lines will be shutdown between July 1 and 4th and 7700 models will be built after July 5th. I also heard about there is another Model-3 shutdown planned between July 18 – Aug 6 . Hopefully this is correct. I think you may have your car by Sept
7700 per week

MY dates moved to march 2023, ordered 15 january 2022..

what a F**(()) Disaster
Have you updated the spec of the car in that time, or is anyone else involved (lease company) ? I would suggest talking to Tesla as from the table you have the same spec as me and others that are getting our cars sooner than you. If you changed colour more recently that would explain it.

Have you updated the spec of the car in that time, or is anyone else involved (lease company) ? I would suggest talking to Tesla as from the table you have the same spec as me and others that are getting our cars sooner than you. If you changed colour more recently that would explain it.
Hi Mate,

I ordered directly fron Tesla, full cash deal. no changes made after the order. Interestingly I saw your post and call them today they said the system is a real mess there is no FIFO its all luck and we cannot do any thing but wait till march. 2023

Hi Mate,

I ordered directly fron Tesla, full cash deal. no changes made after the order. Interestingly I saw your post and call them today they said the system is a real mess there is no FIFO its all luck and we cannot do any thing but wait till march. 2023
I'm sorry to hear that, something must have gone wrong with your order as generally the sequence seems to be roughly explainable. What's to say it's not still broken and you'll keep moving back? At one point my order went to Nov-Dec which was disheartening, so I went for a test drive of a Y (it was what I expected, unnecessary for me) but got the Tesla guys in the service centre to look at my order and check there was nothing wrong with it they could see.

While I doubt that helped me, it might be worth getting someone friendly to see if they can see anything. The folks you call were useless.

Well I collected my ex-demo yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! It had started to rain in the morning but as if by some Elon intervention, the clouds parted and the sun came out just in time for my 1pm pickup.
Everything with the handover went smoothly, the staff at Park Royal were fantastic. While I was sorting out paperwork and having some coffee, they connected the car up to get some juice in before it was marked 'delivered' so that it wouldn't charge my account; left with 84% charge.

Good luck to all those waiting for their new order, it's worth the wait!

IMG20220629125141.jpg

Well I collected my ex-demo yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! It had started to rain in the morning but as if by some Elon intervention, the clouds parted and the sun came out just in time for my 1pm pickup.
Everything with the handover went smoothly, the staff at Park Royal were fantastic. While I was sorting out paperwork and having some coffee, they connected the car up to get some juice in before it was marked 'delivered' so that it wouldn't charge my account; left with 84% charge.

Good luck to all those waiting for their new order, it's worth the wait!

View attachment 823004
Well done mate, she's an absolute beauty. Grats indeed. 🥰

Congrats to all those who’ve been lucky enough to get a Q2 delivery. It certainly seems that M3 production has taken second place to MY in this difficult quarter. With Q3 starting tomorrow my EDD has just narrowed from Aug 17 - Oct 1 to Aug 15 - Sep 14 so fingers crossed this Q is uninterrupted. Having been on the cusp of Q2 success with a mid-Feb order date I’m not sure I can cope with another topsy-turvy EDD ride!

My EDD has just jumped from Q2 2023 to Q4 2022. I won’t panic just yet, but I wasn’t really looking to take delivery that early. I know I can defer to a later quarter, but I’m a little nervous that’d bugger up the order process. Anyone have experience pushing back a quarter (or two)?

(White/black/‘18s ordered Jun 2022)

There only seem to be 8 M3LR entries in Frizzy's database. Any more people here like to add their data? Here's the link - Frizzy's order database
I've just used the update option to show my current EDD.
I realised I hadn't entered Snowy in to the database, that has now been done. I had to set order date to January, but in actuality it was November, but for all intents and purposes probably serves us fine still.

Reactions: DaveMGoT