Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, we will get something that meets or exceeds the only two data points they provide - range and 0-60.

Personally, I didn't want to spend £60k in a lottery and will put my order on hold again (if necessary) until I get my must-have new sub-systems.

What will be interesting to see is whether the M3P is shipping with the cat.3 DU in combination with the Panasonic 3L battery.

It's anyone's guess what is happening with the suspension.
The more I think about this the more the bigger Pana battery and its extra range appeals. It won't make any difference most of the time but I can't help but think the extra range would be useful at least some of the time. I also think that there will always be another incremental change around the corner.

I'm collecting at 10AM on the same day 😄
But it honestly might take a few hours for my jaw to get off the ground, so you'll probably drive off before me.
I will also confirm my specs for everyone else - not sure how to confirm the battery though?
would be great if you could post a picture of the battery pack label as shown here : Decoding Your Tesla Battery Pack Version

Reactions: hate2wait
Guys, anyone tried the Direct Line insurance recently for M3?

I went to DL for the new quote (still got 2 quotes active) and they "cannot provide the quote". same issue as Peugeot.

is it connected with the fact that it is 2022 vehicle or wtf?

Guys, anyone tried the Direct Line insurance recently for M3?

I went to DL for the new quote (still got 2 quotes active) and they "cannot provide the quote". same issue as Peugeot.

is it connected with the fact that it is 2022 vehicle or wtf?
I had the same and I have tried Churchill as well so it looks to be an issue with shared underwriter. I'll be taking delivery on 11th Feb so planning to call DirectLine today or tomorrow and see what they say.

Hi, I'm new to owning a car in the UK -- are there practical differences between getting a 71 plate vs. a 22 plate, other than showing that the car has been registered in a different 6 months period?

I'm currently waiting for on a Model Y order from Oct 16 that is estimated to be delivered from Feb 16 to March 2.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm new to owning a car in the UK -- are there practical differences between getting a 71 plate vs. a 22 plate, other than showing that the car has been registered in a different 6 months period?

I'm currently waiting for on a Model Y order from Oct 16 that is estimated to be delivered from Feb 16 to March 2.

Cheers!
The answer is it depends.

Historically in the UK there used to be a single change on the plate letter (not number) every year on 1st of August which led to August being the busiest month for car sales and used car values to be based on the plate rather than anything else.

The UK then switched to having the plate number change twice a year (1st March and 1st September) to try to flatten out the peak a bit however used car values are still based on the plate.

Depending on exactly how you are owning the car (buying outright, on a fixed term lease, something else) there may be a minor difference in perceived value a few years down the line - as previously commented on if offered the choice between two otherwise identical cars one having say a 66 plate and a 17 plate most people would be going for the 17 plate one.