Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea it was described as SR+. I see you ordered yours late Nov and still awaiting a car allocation. It seems to be very random how people are allocated their cars. I've seen people on here order late December and had VIN and delivery date within a few days. Unless its a different process for cars ordered via a lease company,
The big difference between ordering via a lease company and ordering yourself is when you have ordered it yourself you know exactly when you ordered - when you order via a leasing company you just know when you ordered at the leasing company, you don't know when they passed that order on to tesla and thus the actual order date. Depending on what sort of order it was (e.g. salary sacrifice) there may be communication between the lease company and employer for a week or two before they get round to ordering the vehicle.

I just ordered via a lease company and the next day I received an email from Tesla saying that they had set me up an account and then a text giving me my reservation number.

Surely that’s how you know when they passed your order on to Tesla?

Yea it was described as SR+. I see you ordered yours late Nov and still awaiting a car allocation. It seems to be very random how people are allocated their cars. I've seen people on here order late December and had VIN and delivery date within a few days. Unless its a different process for cars ordered via a lease company,
I'm not sure if ordering through a LeaseCo affects timescales too much. Maybe a day or two, but I have ordered direct through Tesla and the lease is fulfilled by their exclusive partner ALD, so I hope there won't be any delay. Model variants also affect timescales as well as it would seem the more loaded you are with options (colour, wheels, enhanced autopilot etc) the quicker you might get matched. It looks like there is no method to delivery, but I am sure there must be. You cannot shift almost 1m cars in a year and not have some serious logistics methodology in the background.

The big difference between ordering via a lease company and ordering yourself is when you have ordered it yourself you know exactly when you ordered - when you order via a leasing company you just know when you ordered at the leasing company, you don't know when they passed that order on to tesla and thus the actual order date. Depending on what sort of order it was (e.g. salary sacrifice) there may be communication between the lease company and employer for a week or two before they get round to ordering the vehicle.
True in part. If you ordered direct with Tesla (who partner with ALD) you are immediately given your order confirmation and RN and put in the queue. Later on, ALD then take over your order. You know this happens as the RN and order details disappear from your account. This is a bit concerning at first if you don't know what is happening, but it is a key indicator of progress. Then the silence comes 🤣

Yea true, although I got my RN number pretty quickly and a Tesla account set up. Hopefully i'll get mine by march but who knows haha.

I just ordered via a lease company and the next day I received an email from Tesla saying that they had set me up an account and then a text giving me my reservation number.

Surely that’s how you know when they passed your order on to Tesla?
Absolutely in your case, you know exactly when Tesla received the order. Until you have the RN, don't assume Tesla have an order.

However, some leasing companies are now pre-ordering multiple vehicles and then matching individual orders at a later date so it isn't always quite so transparent.

Just had this email come from Tesla this morning. For those further down the track than me, what does this actually mean? Have I been matched to a car enroute or is this something else? It is suggesting I get all paperwork in place for my lease, but I have not received anything from ALD since I sent in the finance application, which was subsequently approved (according to Tesla). Any advice friends????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-123801_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-123801_Gmail.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 118
Just had this email come from Tesla this morning. For those further doen the track than me, what does this actually mean? Have I been matched to a car enroute or is this something else? It is suggesting I get all paperwork in place for my lease, but I have not received anything from ALD since I sent in the finance application, which was subsequently approved (according to Tesla). Any advice friends????
I've also received this but I've also been matched to a VIN with my licence plate given and a delivery date as well. I think it's just generated to everyone.

Just had this email come from Tesla this morning. For those further down the track than me, what does this actually mean? Have I been matched to a car enroute or is this something else? It is suggesting I get all paperwork in place for my lease, but I have not received anything from ALD since I sent in the finance application, which was subsequently approved (according to Tesla). Any advice friends????
Received the same this morning, must be a blanket mail. I had my delivery date of Feb 10th 2 weeks ago, I've just confirmed my VIN and reg number via chat anyway (lease)

Nope. Was planning to phone them again this afternoon as I’m off work today, so it would be a convenient day to arrange insurance if I could…
Fingers crossed. I also have the afternoon off on a Friday so would be so much easier if had it. Leave it too close to delivery date and price goes up on insurance. Shame couldn’t be 3 weeks before as that is the sweet spot.

It's both, depending on whether you charge from a single-phase supply (7 kW) or a 3-phase supply (11 kW).

Steve
yeah faced with both options I genuinely don't know anyone that has a three-phase 11kw set up, and I did ask around. Oddly we do have a three-phase option as have a workshop needing three-phase so exists, but to be quite honest, only the the thinnest of minorities probably need to go 11kw. Presented with the option I still went with the new Wallbox 7kw. £450 supplied and fitted with octopus and OLEV. For me the Tesla charger plus installation hits some £1200 supplied my me and fitted by professional. I'd like to get a Tesla one for completeness, but just didn't seem economical to do. If I'm desperate, there is a Tesla super charger 5 mins down the road. Best of both I guess.

Fingers crossed. I also have the afternoon off on a Friday so would be so much easier if had it. Leave it too close to delivery date and price goes up on insurance. Shame couldn’t be 3 weeks before as that is the sweet spot.
Success! Called them up (01628 450 660 opt. 4) and the chap said it has been assigned yesterday, and he could send me a text with it now, which I have now received. I asked him if there was any risk of it changing before collection day and he said it shouldn't because we're so close to the day now. But he did say there is a small chance that they can change, which is why they don't text them out in advance unless asked.

I'm going to go ahead and get the insurance though. In the unlikely event my reg changes, I'll call the insurance company and hopefully they'll let me switch it.