Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What made it worse, when on the phone to zenith, they insisted there was nothing to do at their end, but then they asked if I had completed the driving license check. I said yes, completed two weeks earlier and they went 'oh, let me check', and then stated they had not processed it yet!!

Anyway, fingers crossed
Driving license check!!! What's that all about and when do they ask for that? I've been chasing ALD and Tesla on my order and while Tesla are saying all is in order and looks good to go, I still have no EDD for a Q1 delivery and ALD can't give me any further info because it is not my name on the finance application for my company lease. Its all quite unerving!

• Informative
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Driving license check!!! What's that all about and when do they ask for that? I've been chasing ALD and Tesla on my order and while Tesla are saying all is in order and looks good to go, I still have no EDD for a Q1 delivery and ALD can't give me any further info because it is not my name on the finance application for my company lease. Its all quite unerving!
As part of my deal with work, I get everything thrown in, including insurance, so maybe it is related to that.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
As part of my deal with work, I get everything thrown in, including insurance, so maybe it is related to that. I would guess therefore, you are having tonsort

I have my M3 RWD collection booked for 3rd March as of last night. Any idea when Tesla will ask me to pay the balance for the car (no finance) and what the latest date for me to pay this might be? Also, at what point will they let me know the Reg number so that I can finalise insurance as my DL quote expires 24 Feb? TIA

Got my reg on the 5th feb for an 11th collection so 6 days ahead. They did send it to me on the 1st feb after I chased on the phone - the CS sent it while I was on the call. So if you’re tight might be worth trying to call them tomorrow but it should also come through the week before collection

• Helpful
Reactions: MoSkeeto
I have my M3 RWD collection booked for 3rd March as of last night. Any idea when Tesla will ask me to pay the balance for the car (no finance) and what the latest date for me to pay this might be? Also, at what point will they let me know the Reg number so that I can finalise insurance as my DL quote expires 24 Feb? TIA
I have collection on March 1st, account updated to ask for payment 4 days ago, the final invoice shows your reg number

Reactions: Terry F
My final invoice was in the portal about 4 days after setting my collection date. I just updated my DL quote and it refreshed with a new 30 day expiry, price stayed the same. Reg number was on the paid invoice, also SMS about 10 days before collection date although there is no consistency so you will see posts where people never received until collection day, you can always give them a call or contact them on Live Chat with your RN

Reactions: Terry F
As part of my deal with work, I get everything thrown in, including insurance, so maybe it is related to that. I would guess therefore, you are having tonsort

It will be part of the duty of care on the part of your employer (that they may have farmed off to the contract hire company) - check you have a valid licence, no points they don't know about etc. Source - I've written software for contract hire companies to track the state of driver's licences and flag up when they need to check again.

Hi All, I've been monitoring this thread daily for the past month. Picked my M3LR yesterday (11 Feb) from Manchester. (White, Black Interior, Aeros). Thought I'd share my story with you. Ordered on the 13th Jan, direct through Tesla on personal terms. March delivery date estimated, I had a car til June and assumed March would move to May / June. Got a text on the 28th Jan saying my M3 was 'on the way' followed by another message 3hrs later saying the M3 is 'now ready for to be scheduled'. It's safe to say I panicked... I wasn't ready. Then got a text from the charger installers a few days after to say my Zappi had arrived earlier than expected and they were ready to install first week of Feb. The EV Gods had aligned⚡:).

I still had the ICE but I was able to get that collected early from Audi!

I was always skeptical that I maybe had a rejected car ('old spec' Intel etc) due to the speed of everything happening and based on how long people have waited on this post, but what I can say is that the M3 is everything I wanted it to be... AMD Ryzen, heated wipers, LI-ON battery etc. Thanks for everyones posts... it's kept the excitement of collection day even more special. Good luck to everyone who's waiting to collect over the next month or so. Also, I take it most people who have extended delivery times are leased base through other compaines which may have made the difference.

Happy to answer questions on the car / process if anyone wants to know.

IMG_5226.jpg

Hi All, I've been monitoring this thread daily for the past month. Picked my M3LR yesterday (11 Feb) from Manchester. (White, Black Interior, Aeros). Thought I'd share my story with you. Ordered on the 13th Jan, direct through Tesla on personal terms. March delivery date estimated, I had a car til June and assumed March would move to May / June. Got a text on the 28th Jan saying my M3 was 'on the way' followed by another message 3hrs later saying the M3 is 'now ready for to be scheduled'. It's safe to say I panicked... I wasn't ready. Then got a text from the charger installers a few days after to say my Zappi had arrived earlier than expected and they were ready to install first week of Feb. The EV Gods had aligned⚡:).

I was always skeptical that I maybe had a rejected car ('old spec' Intel etc) due to the speed of everything happening and based on how long people have waited on this post, but what I can say is that the M3 is everything I wanted it to be... AMD Ryzen, heated wipers, LI-ON battery etc. Thanks for everyones posts... it's kept the excitement of collection day even more special. Good luck to everyone who's waiting to collect over the next month or so. Also, I take it most people who have extended delivery times are leased base through other compaines which may have made the difference.

View attachment 768295
Looks nice, aero wheels go well in this config. Ordered same spec and from same location, 22nd Jan. Filled in the online process promptly and been sat in "we are drafting your contract" ever since. Anxiously waiting for my text.

Has anyone collected their Model Y yet? I’m all set to collect mine this coming Saturday (19th) from Southampton so if you have, I would love to see some pictures and get some feedback on the whole collection experience, plus find out what the percentage of battery at collection (I‘ll have a long drive home) :)

I think 19th is the first day of collections for MY?
There is an active separate thread on Model Y delivery (UK). You may wish to follow that @Keldron

View attachment 768295
Looks loverly, i ordered on the 15th Jan same spec and estimated May delivery …. So hoping it’s going to be sooner, charger being fitted on 24th feb so I can wait a week or so 😉. In the meantime my Evoque has yet another appointment to fix another grinding noise , looks nice but honestly would never had another Land Rover As it enjoys its trips to the garage far too much for my liking and the entertainment system is just trash.

Looks loverly, i ordered on the 15th Jan same spec and estimated May delivery …. So hoping it’s going to be sooner, charger being fitted on 24th feb so I can wait a week or so 😉. In the meantime my Evoque has yet another appointment to fix another grinding noise , looks nice but honestly would never had another Land Rover As it enjoys its trips to the garage far too much for my liking and the entertainment system is just trash.
Which location will you collect from?

I have my charger already :)

Which location will you collect from?

I have my charger already :)
Bought my tesla charger 2 weeks ago and it’s now £50 cheaper .. grrr and the lack of electricians around here not replying to quotes was annoying. it doesn’t help that my external electric box and garage wall are the two furthest points from each other so it’s not going to be a cheap install overall. So the sooner the better for me to recoup some costs through the solars and sunshine!