Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It definitely feels like someone pressed the reset button. Perhaps we will get new dates this week.

I wish I’d never got an updated date in the first place. 😂

I was told September and had accepted a long wait. Then I got told it’s be ready in 6 weeks so started booking quotes for a home charger and getting accessories.

Reactions: Toblerone
Tesla be like
It definitely feels like someone pressed the reset button. Perhaps we will get new dates this week.

I wish I’d never got an updated date in the first place. 😂

I was told September and had accepted a long wait. Then I got told it’s be ready in 6 weeks so started booking quotes for a home charger and getting accessories.

I’m perfectly happy with my current EDD thanks 😂

Reactions: MattM76
<snip>

That's how I would expect it to logically work

Of course I am guessing, but I can't see any other realistic way

Not entirely, I originally had an EDD of the fist two weeks of March but I had a problem with some of my paperwork and that stopped them allocating me a vehicle, I was then given an EDD of the end of March which changed to May/June when the last ship for Q1 departed.

So far my EDD has stayed in Q2 so I'm hoping that they're shipping some RHD cars to the UK (somehow).

Remember someone mentioned that Tesla try to deliver the orders within the same quarter, is it true?

Normally, but that's when the factory is open and operating at full capacity. Shanghai has been badly disrupted by lockdowns and has been out of action or operating at very low capacity for almost all of Q2's production window; you can forget normal timescales for the rest of the year at least.

Normally, but that's when the factory is open and operating at full capacity. Shanghai has been badly disrupted by lockdowns and has been out of action or operating at very low capacity for almost all of Q2's production window; you can forget normal timescales for the rest of the year at least.
I ordered on 10 Mar. if check the statistics, Tesla seems delivered nearly 50000 cars in Europe in Q4 2021. But this Q2, seems Europe so far only got nearly 9000, let’s say 1/5 compare to Q4. So guess roughly the first 20% orders of Q2 would be delivered. The question is since which date of order is the day of 20% ?

From what I kind on the internet, apparently Tesla is opening up to 2 shifts from tomorrow to up production to 2600 cars per day?

I thought they were shut again?
I believe they shut briefly but according to a sales guy in the showroom (take that how you will) it is now back open. According to the Tesla daily podcast production is being ramped up again to 2 shifts as you stated.

Who knows though. I went from a window at the end of June until November 😔

They did in March, collect by 30th or lose it!
If you don’t collect someone else will
Moving it over to this thread. Did they? I’ve not seen them do that before. Always the 3 day slot. Maybe if someone rejected a car earlier in the slot and they offered it to someone else and they had 1 day to get it. If they pulled that stunt on me in June I would book the slot and not turn up so it definitely went into the next quarter and they wouldn’t be so much in a hurry to pass it on to someone else.

I believe they shut briefly but according to a sales guy in the showroom (take that how you will) it is now back open. According to the Tesla daily podcast production is being ramped up again to 2 shifts as you stated.

Who knows though. I went from a window at the end of June until November 😔
When did you order? My EDD did the same jump.

Moving it over to this thread. Did they? I’ve not seen them do that before. Always the 3 day slot. Maybe if someone rejected a car earlier in the slot and they offered it to someone else and they had 1 day to get it. If they pulled that stunt on me in June I would book the slot and not turn up so it definitely went into the next quarter and they wouldn’t be so much in a hurry to pass it on to someone else.
There was someone here who tried to get theirs past end of March and they said no, collect it before 30 or lose it. If you didn’t collect they would just give it to someone else, plenty of people who would take a short notice car.

Hell if they called me tomorrow and said we have a Y for you but you have to get it now, I would not even think twice

Reactions: Snowy77
There was someone here who tried to get theirs past end of March and they said no, collect it before 30 or lose it. If you didn’t collect they would just give it to someone else, plenty of people who would take a short notice car.

Hell if they called me tomorrow and said we have a Y for you but you have to get it now, I would not even think twice
Trying to get it past the end of the quarter vs Tesla giving you the last day of the quarter to collect it or else are different things. Has Tesla actually ever only given someone first dibs on a car with only the last day of the quarter to get it? I’ve only ever seen 3 day delivery slots. I can understand if it was a no show/reject that they would then offer it to someone else with a 1 day pickup.

To help clarify.....Tesla business is focused on quarterly targets that are reported and scrutinised by the Stock Exchange and these have a bearing on share price and also employee bonus etc. Only cars that have actually been delivered and passed to customers can be recorded as Sales in a quarter. Hence there is always a push to ensure that all available cars are sold. It's not a case of Tesla being inflexible. Usually complaints about "collect by 30th, 31st" etc are where someone has been offered a last minute car (one that hasn't been taken by whoever it was allocated to) and Tesla make it crystal clear when offering that the new customer must take delivery, failing which there are hundreds who would only be too glad to take the car. It is only around quarter end that Tesla are so rigid otherwise they work with the client by giving a few dates (i was given 3 day window to select a collection date)