Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white M3P, white interior, early March. EDD stated May originally, then went to 17-30 Jun for the past 3 weeks, but yesterday went to May 22. No delivery txt/date/vin. Iā€™m guessing this means no allocation for me this quarter. Is that a fair assumption? Has anyone else had this?

I ordered a white M3P, white interior, early March. EDD stated May originally, then went to 17-30 Jun for the past 3 weeks, but yesterday went to May 22. No delivery txt/date/vin. Iā€™m guessing this means no allocation for me this quarter. Is that a fair assumption? Has anyone else had this?
M3RWD white,black interior ordered 2/3/2022 original EDD April/May updated yesterday to August/September

Regarding the July deliveries, all I can say is that at the moment there are only 4 ships on the way and nothing is on the horizon
If the last ship, HORIZON LEADER, is heading to Zeebrugge she should arrive around 24 June which is quite late and may mean that shipping connections and distances etc will cause some deliveries to miss the end of quarter deadline and so slip into July.
The idea that Tesla would stiff their Chinese customers and also score an own goal on their balance sheet by having 4500+ unsold cars in transit over a quarter-end seems a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The July deliveries can be explained by HORIZON LEADER arriving too late in the quarter.
I ordered my MYLR on 13th of April. I'm expecting it to be delivered in Antwerp Belgium. In my Tesla account is says that the expected delivery date is "July 2022", which has never changed since I ordered the car. Can I assume that my car could be on the HORIZON LEADER or just give up hope that it will be delivered in said time frame?

I started following this post just 3 days ago and can't stop reading, this is so entertaining and exciting!

Just a quick update for anyone that seen my earlier post about being away in Paris end of June. I got my date yesterday, 28,29,30 whilst I'm in Paris. I called tesla and they couldn't change it due to end of quarter and high demand so we are now flying back from Paris for a few hours to collect then going back :/ lol!
You did the right thing...another good example to all how important Quarter end is to Tesla. If it were earlier in the month they would have accommodated but at Quarter end there is no flexibility (which I can understand), It is similar for anyone who buy the few cars that appear in inventory around Quarter end...you have to be prepared to collect immediately.

You will enjoy your car (and hopefully your trip to Paris)

Reactions: Tomiyasu18
Just a quick update for anyone that seen my earlier post about being away in Paris end of June. I got my date yesterday, 28,29,30 whilst I'm in Paris. I called tesla and they couldn't change it due to end of quarter and high demand so we are now flying back from Paris for a few hours to collect then going back :/ lol!
This is very disappointing. I am away last week of June and I asked a Tesla rep if it would be okay to delay if they wanted me to collect at the end of June, they said that it would be fine and they would hold my car for 7 days. I get that itā€™s quarter end but we have put down a deposit and should be able to move the delivery at least a week if needed.

If it were earlier in the month they would have accommodated but at Quarter end there is no flexibility (which I can understand)
We accept it but I'm not sure I understand anymore. They are no longer a startup, they are a $750b company with some of the highest margins in the sector - at some point they will need to put the customer first and let the share price reflect their success, not the other way around. Their current obsession with end of quarter actually costs them profitability with extra staff/overtime/bonus payments.

We accept it but I'm not sure I understand anymore. They are no longer a startup, they are a $750b company with some of the highest margins in the sector - at some point they will need to put the customer first and let the share price reflect their success, not the other way around. Their current obsession with end of quarter actually costs them profitability with extra staff/overtime/bonus payments.
Agreed.
Instead of f...ing about with Twitter, he should have taken Tesla private.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tameautumn
I've updated the tracker form if you'd all like to fill it in again so we can get a better overview: Tesla EDD
Update after 50 responses:

Somewhat reassured that folks getting a delivery are actually a very small minority, when reading the posts, I was under the impression that everybody was getting their cars delivered next month but me šŸ˜…
Forms response chart. Question title: Current EDD. Number of responses: 54 responses.

Failing to identify a pattern, but if someone sees one, please advisešŸ˜€, here are the replies sorted by order date

1653733903363.png

Update after 50 responses:

Somewhat reassured that folks getting a delivery are actually a very small minority, when reading the posts, I was under the impression that everybody was getting their cars delivered next month but me šŸ˜…
View attachment 809738

Failing to identify a pattern, but if someone sees one, please advisešŸ˜€, here are the replies sorted by order date

View attachment 809740
Thanks makes me feel better, either there is a small number of U.K. cars on the first ship or there are just very few coming q2

You did the right thing...another good example to all how important Quarter end is to Tesla. If it were earlier in the month they would have accommodated but at Quarter end there is no flexibility (which I can understand), It is similar for anyone who buy the few cars that appear in inventory around Quarter end...you have to be prepared to collect immediately.

You will enjoy your car (and hopefully your trip to Paris)
I wish there was a way to flag up the to can do this! I have cash waiting to pay for the car and could jump on a train next day to pretty much anywhere in the Uk to get the car

Reactions: WllXM and kingkongy
Iā€™ve already accepted trade in value, car is a model 3 which was done through Tesla finance which why Iā€™m a tad bit confused as into when to provide final settlement to them

In that case you can do it pretty well any time and I'm not sure why this isn't a joined-up process. They asked me to provide my settlement letter back in January so it's now very out of date, it seems to be a checkbox in the process that they want completing.

If you're really bothered about it being accurate then Tesla Finance give you a figure that's good until the next payment date so any time after the last payment before delivery will be accurate.

The finance people told me I could opt to use all equity in my current car as deposit, pay extra or use part of the equity and get the balance refunded to me - I don't think you need to decide until it's time to finalise the finance a week or so before delivery.

I can understand peoples frustrations (I would be the same) but as a public listed Company the market and investors look to quarter end targets and movements in either direction impact share price. Having financial disciplines is an integral part of the reason why they became a 750bn (havevn't checked that valuation) Tesla is a commercial Company and for as long as demand exceeds supply (current situation and seems likely for foreseeable future) their shareholders are happy with their business model. Achieving sales (targets) is always likely to be higher priority than a customer who is not able to take delivery in the last 3 days of a quarter. It is fair to say also that Tesla do show flexibility to customers for periods outside these narrow dates at each quarter end. The owners of Tesla (shareholders) are very happy with how it works and there is no shortage of customers. Maybe not what people want to hear but it reflects the reality.

I ordered a Model 3 RWD, silver wheels, black paint on 11th Apr via VWFS. On 13th Apr I received an RN number. Nothing shows in my Tesla account online (i.e. not even a vehicle showing as ordered).

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 12.15.33.png

At the time of ordering, the online ordering form was stating July to August estimated delivery.

When should I expect an udpate? Looking at the website now, it's saying Jan 2023 - Mar 2023 for new orders.

I ordered a Model 3 RWD, silver wheels, black paint on 11th Apr via VWFS. On 13th Apr I received an RN number. Nothing shows in my Tesla account online (i.e. not even a vehicle showing as ordered).

View attachment 809743

At the time of ordering, the online ordering form was stating July to August estimated delivery.

When should I expect an udpate? Looking at the website now, it's saying Jan 2023 - Mar 2023 for new orders.
Call VWFS and ask them for an update on delivery. Given your order date though donā€™t expect them to be able to give you much of an idea of delivery.

Call VWFS and ask them for an update on delivery. Given your order date though donā€™t expect them to be able to give you much of an idea of delivery.

VWFS have said that all communication about delivery is now direct with Tesla. I notice Tesla have gotten rid of their [email protected] email address.

I tried ringing Tesla to find out some further information but haven't managed to get through.