Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But even if they absolutely are, I’d still like to understand what kind of logic is used by the new EDD algorithm though…
There's either no logic at all and there's a problem wit the EDDs that will be sorted next quarter, or, there's a reason for this but we'll never know what that reason is. There's talk of an increase in production for the domestic market, that could mean hardly any for Europe next quarter. There's also talk of a shortage of ships, this could also be why there's a massive day in the UK based on the new dates.

I agree though, I'd love to know exactly what's going on and when I can realistically expect my car.

• Disagree
Reactions: JOL1
I had a chat with a SA in a showroom today and there is an unwritten rule that seems to suggest orders are prioritised as follows (from memory)

1. Cash + EAP/FSD
2. Cash standard AP
3. Finance/Lease + EAP/FSD
4. Finance/Lease standard AP

Seems in general terms, lease customers are prioritised last, especially if you didn't order FSD or EAP.

I am sure that they probably match customers by week number too. So if you are 1 or 2 customer (as above), you can probably get matched sooner despite ordering 2 weeks, maybe even 4 weeks after a lease customer of the same spec. That certainly happened to me.

This is all conjecture and second hand info from a sales advisor. It does seem plausible.
Sounds like a great way to drive sales to me 😅. ALD I know takes over your order, but the other leasing companies just order cars in bulk don't they? If you want features, they can just be enabled once the car arrives.

I have spoken to ALD about my Model Y (if it arrives - 🤣) in regard to adding features and tow bars etc. They said that I can add FSD, EAP, and Acceleration Boost, but I must advise them that I have added any of the features. The features are handed over when the car is given back and there is no financial compensation.

I have been repeatedly told that cars are not built to order. Cars are made and then are matched to your order when they are on their way. If there is priority given to different financing then that would indicate that there is some process for orders driving production.

I have been repeatedly told that cars are not built to order. Cars are made and then are matched to your order when they are on their way. If there is priority given to different financing then that would indicate that there is some process for orders driving production.
Not necessarily driving production but allocation.
e.g: 5 cars matching your specs (ext/int colour+wheels) are on the ship for 10 identical orders placed in the previous quarter. The allocation will not necessarily be in chronological order: a person who ordered last but has added FSD & paying cash may very well be given priority matching over someone who has standard AP and leasing..
Just a theory, we don't know for sure...

e.g: 5 cars matching your specs (ext/int colour+wheels) are on the ship for 10 identical orders placed in the previous quarter. The allocation will not necessarily be in chronological order: a person who ordered last but has added FSD & paying cash may very well be given priority matching over someone who has standard AP and leasing..
Sounds feasible to me, but as you say, no one knows for sure how Tesla’s logic works - I don’t even think they do half the time!!

It’s plausible, however, EAP didn’t secure me a car this quarter and I’ve seen others with same physical spec that were matched but they did order a few weeks earlier (within the same quarter).
So there are either other factors (financing etc) or it’s just a conspiracy theory 😉

[puts on tinfoil hat]

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
If there is priority given to different financing then that would indicate that there is some process for orders driving production.
Long term order trends drive production priorities.
Allocation based on financing is possible but there are too many variables to draw definite conclusions, especially when lease companies are involved and you don't know what conversations occur between them and Tesla.

Long term order trends drive production priorities.
Allocation based on financing is possible but there are too many variables to draw definite conclusions, especially when lease companies are involved and you don't know what conversations occur between them and Tesla.
Absolutely. Leasing companies are going to order in bulk anyway and I assume that they negotiate a discount. One of the reasons that I have decided on a Tesla is how ridiculously cheap it is compared to cars of a similar purchase price. (BMW i4 M50 was £930 (ish) a month excluding VAT, the Tesla is nearly 40% cheaper). I get that priority could be given to people ordering EAP. (I don't understand why every car isn't shipped with it anyway - after 30 days you get a message "I hope that you enjoyed EAP - if you wish to continue using it, you can buy it on your app". Obviously if people have purchase it then they don't get the message.