Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep us posted. Do bear in mind that the trade in quote is time limited. If it expires before the new car is delivered, you might not like the the new quote. Some folk blame Tesla, but they must react to the market. Also, you can cancel at that time and sell it elsewhere.
However, I would avoid making any changes as they could impact your EDD, or so it is rumoured.

I am not trading in. I have arranged with my insurer to switch cover, for the remaining policy period to myMY and hold the X3 covered for a month after the switch. This, for not much extra overall, means that I can sell the X at my leisure and not have to rely on SWMBO's car, if myMy needs post delivery attention at either Tesla or my chosen detailing studio or both.

Good luck with whichever way you go.
Thank you for this. I havent actually considered any of this yet.

I did do a quick "We buy any car" quote and was quite surprised how low the offer was, I dont imagine Tesla being too far off either.
I think I may keep my old car and do something similar to what you have done.

I found this YouTube worth watching. Seems pretty thorough.

Yes don't get the checklist palaver. Bought many cars over the years and never needed a checklist. As long as it's got no visible damage on delivery then it's good to go. If there is is damage, report it and go. It's not getting sorted before you drive away (or in my case for home delivery the transporter driver heads off into the sunset). If you find something wrong in the future then get it sorted under warranty.

I watched these videos (obsessively) before i got my car (March), picked up a range of anxieties, anticipating problems before they arose (never arose) ..a. mistake in hindsight. For those excited about collecting their cars ..try to strike the right balance. Tesla did have quality issues (panel gaps) a few years ago (US manufactured) but quality from GIC Shanghai has been recognised as high. For what its worth, suggest you check body work for any apparent issues before leaving ....but checking every light bulb and doing a forensic examination will only waste your time. Tesla are also very good at resolving delivery issues and you have 1 week or 100kms to raise them (not to be confused with the warranty).

Enjoy your cars...you will love them ... .for what its worth.

Last edited:
Yes! Really looking forward to E DDay feedback.

For those following the excellent check list, you might want take a packed lunch or refreshments and something for next day's breakfast.......Also, maybe a tailored-fit MY Camping Mattress.....I know I will.....

Now then..... SHMBO is fond of saying, when I spot faults..... " Only you would see that"...... I think she means it as a compliment?😇
It will be about teamwork on the day. Wife and daughter strategically placed as I shout out car parts to check 🤣

Yes don't get the checklist palaver. Bought many cars over the years and never needed a checklist. As long as it's got no visible damage on delivery then it's good to go. If there is is damage, report it and go. It's not getting sorted before you drive away (or in my case for home delivery the transporter driver heads off into the sunset). If you find something wrong in the future then get it sorted under warranty.
Completely agree. There should be a “real” delivery checklist: where you look for visible damage that “could be” attributable to you if you don’t report it - ie the same checklist that you should do before you drive off in a rental car - 70% external 30% internal (and accessories). Then, for the rest of the items (warranty) - the YouTube example mentioned above - can certainly be done at your leisure back home within the first 100mi anyways.

In everyone’s defence: I’m sure when sandwiches and camp beds are concerned, this is tongue in cheek and a factor of excitement of e-day!!! I know I feel that way 🤪

Yea, I've got over a 100 mile to drive back
It might be possible at the delivery, to negotiate a max miles based on the long journey that you have had to make to collect your expensive car.

With their huge saving from the eschewing of the dealer showroom approach,( and all that means in terms of new car prep and generally convenient locations for us, {I won't get into the down sides}).... a little flexibility might be in order.

In current parlance, Tesla are disrupters which is marvellous when the object of disruption is the motor industry. But it would be nice if they could minimise the disruption to your day .

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteHartMart
It might be possible at the delivery, to negotiate a max miles based on the long journey that you have had to make to collect your expensive car.

With their huge saving from the eschewing of the dealer showroom approach,( and all that means in terms of new car prep and convenient location.... {I won't get into the down sides}).... a little flexibility might be in order.

In current parlance, Tesla are disrupters which is marvellous when the object of disruption is the motor industry. But it would be nice if they could minimise the disruption to your day .
I am sympathetic to those with a long journey home on collection day. Unfortunately Tesla are not known for deviating from SOP. And end of quarter collection days are likely to be extremely chaotic leaving little chance to negotiate extra time or mileage for flaw notification.

I’m not convinced the intern at a picnic table will be authorised to make such a decision.

I fully agree it should be a thing, based on the sparse collection locations - but suspect you will be up against ‘computer says no’.

I’m not convinced the intern at a picnic table will be authorised to make such a decision.

I fully agree it should be a thing, based on the sparse collection locations - but suspect you will be up against ‘computer says no’.
Let's all tweet Elon.... he is the (sometimes I think one and only) authority;).

And of course, whilst we must be realistic in our expectations (of just about every thing in life) a positive " reasons why you can rather than reasons why you can't" attitude of mind has, in some important situations in my life, made all the difference and lead to a positive outcome.......just sayin'

Now then......SWMBO says " You are ever the optimist but even you must have noticed that people who once liked to yes, if they possibly could, now as mentioned above, have been replaced by computers who love to say NO!"

.......... on the beaches and the landing grounds .. in the car parks........we shall never surrender.....for we are an ethnically diverse group who are united by our love of Tesla.............oh yes...and of Great Britain. Land of hope....

P.S.I'm all right Jack, I'm :)not too far from Stains

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Fair point!!!!
Mine is 80mi!!! No sightseeing on the way home!!

And since we are on this topic - has anyone experienced this “limit”?? What happens if it’s 101mi?? 🙃
I would be interested in that feedback also.

I wonder if they were less flexible when there were so many problems to handle with Fremont cars.
Now, hopefully, the Shanghai built cars will have less of the obvious problems which beset the early cars. Anything else can be sorted under warranty.

I would be interested in that feedback also.

I wonder if they were less flexible when there were so many problems to handle with Fremont cars.
Now, hopefully, the Shanghai built cars will have less of the obvious problems which beset the early cars. Anything else can be sorted under warranty.
I guess the 100 miles only applies if you want to reject the car, as everything else would be fixed under warranty to 100k miles?