Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a bold switch... marvellous car... too bad it's an ICE I guess... but clearly a step down in build quality going for a Y
I would have thought that it would be one of the bolder switches out there... especially considering I only had it for 7 months before selling it!

It was a combination thing... I do 30,000 miles a year, with the Q8 doing 32mpg and fuel at 1.50p/L (which is what it was when I sold it) moving to an electric car was going to save me best part of £4,000 a year. I was going to go for the Audi Etron (as you say for build quality) but the range on them is embarrassing compared to the price tag. also my mileage allowance from work still pays 45p/mile even though it is an electric. Meaning every mile I drive I am pocketing (hopefully) about 40p (minus a few costs obviously!)

I haven't done the savings calculation on fuel at 1.98/L which is what it is at now round Shropshire...

Needless to say it wasn't an easy decision to make which is probably why I have gone into so much detail explaining my reasons (trying to convince myself that it was the right move :))

I bought a M3LR second hand as a car to get around in till the MYLR came and have actually been suitably impressed with the whole experience to be honest... And I am one of those people who is a bit OCD when it comes to rattles and cabin noise!!

but the insurance excess is a whopping £2.5k for any claim.
That is horrendous. I wouldn't expect more than a few hundred pounds. Cannot 100% remember what my old salary sacrifice insurance excess was but I think it £250 - and I think that was fixed across the scheme rather than specific for a Tesla. Maybe some are wising up that Teslas on average are costing more to repair.

I would have thought that it would be one of the bolder switches out there... especially considering I only had it for 7 months before selling it!

It was a combination thing... I do 30,000 miles a year, with the Q8 doing 32mpg and fuel at 1.50p/L (which is what it was when I sold it) moving to an electric car was going to save me best part of £4,000 a year. I was going to go for the Audi Etron (as you say for build quality) but the range on them is embarrassing compared to the price tag. also my mileage allowance from work still pays 45p/mile even though it is an electric. Meaning every mile I drive I am pocketing (hopefully) about 40p (minus a few costs obviously!)

I haven't done the savings calculation on fuel at 1.98/L which is what it is at now round Shropshire...

Needless to say it wasn't an easy decision to make which is probably why I have gone into so much detail explaining my reasons (trying to convince myself that it was the right move :))

I bought a M3LR second hand as a car to get around in till the MYLR came and have actually been suitably impressed with the whole experience to be honest... And I am one of those people who is a bit OCD when it comes to rattles and cabin noise!!

I am with you in the extreme switches department. Our ML63 AMG left us yesterday to be replaced with a MY next week.... we were averaging about 15mpg on super unleaded. Still have an ICE for weekends (Cayman GTS 4.0) but suspect that will get used less and less once the MY appears.

Don't think there's any way for them to do that. And why would they care? They already got as much as they asked for it.
From the T&Cs that everyone agrees to when placing an order: "We may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle..." and "we also reserve the right to refuse any future orders for other vehicles you may place with us."

They frown on buying to flip and have been known to curtail future purchases by people who do, albeit the stories I have seen were USA based buyers.

Last edited:
Hey all, I just managed to grab this ex-demo from the tesla website. Does anyone know how long to have the trade-in offer to come in from when I upload the pictures?
Sucks that the price already reflects the latest price increase... cheeky

1655813691365.png

Hey all, I just managed to grab this ex-demo from the tesla website. Does anyone know how long to have the trade-in offer to come in from when I upload the pictures?
Sucks that the price already reflects the latest price increase... cheeky

View attachment 819130
I sincerly hope they don't do the same to you as they did to me.

From my initial quote when I ordered back in March to two weeks ago when my car was arriving it was a whole £10k less than the original quote which is outrageous to say the least, hence I will sell it privately