Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go go go!

Attachments

• 0DB3839C-467D-4EF1-8EBD-159A93CDE52D.jpeg
    0DB3839C-467D-4EF1-8EBD-159A93CDE52D.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 81
So we will only get the V5 after collection - Is it quite normal to drive a brand new car without road tax / or am I completely missing something 😁
First year VED is covered as part of the £55 first registration fee on your Tesla order agreement. The V5C only defines the Registered Keeper, not the owner and certainly not the VED status of the vehicle.

All you experienced telsa drivers out there, how do I stop the god awful horn honk on lock and unlock?

Controls > Locks > Lock Confirmation Sound > OFF

"Controls" in context meaning the Car icon. Old post.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewMYLRDriver
My tesla account just updated asking for payment of deposit... prior to delivery. Given that delivery is 3-4 months away based on EDD, I'm not going to rush to pay just yet!

However even after factoring in the tow bar we added, they're still asking for about 1k more than we originally agreed as deposit. Would this be the 935 delivery and registration fee? Shouldn't that have been included in the original price?!

My tesla account just updated asking for payment of deposit... prior to delivery. Given that delivery is 3-4 months away based on EDD, I'm not going to rush to pay just yet!

However even after factoring in the tow bar we added, they're still asking for about 1k more than we originally agreed as deposit. Would this be the 935 delivery and registration fee? Shouldn't that have been included in the original price?!
Have you checked your expectation against your Order Agreement pdf in your Tesla account?

The Order Agreement should match the full cost of the vehicle. If your “deposit” doesn’t match your expectations, you may have to check what’s happened with your financier.

Reactions: Rensteruk
I’m selling my 2021 M3LR, one of the last with radar, if someone doesn’t want to wait or wants a temporary car while waiting.
I bought it for exactly that reason!
Advert is in the Selling Section

Attachments

• 377F58BD-2162-4A20-AB72-56DBB9636E22.jpeg
    377F58BD-2162-4A20-AB72-56DBB9636E22.jpeg
    898 KB · Views: 38
Thank you! Is this done on collection day or before? - Also, are you still going for home delivery? It would have been good to see you at Trafford.

Tesla register the car electronically with the DVLA when you collect - can't be taxed until it's registered, so they do that at the same time. They suggested to me that I double-check with the DVLA a few days later through their free online service.

Reactions: wweb
Does the premium connectivity come when you set the app up? Nothing that uses it is working yet, saying my premium has expired!
Mine was in a peculiar state, I’d try a scroll wheel reset (hold down both scroll wheels until the screen goes off) and see what happens, I tried it and eventually it burst into life but it may have been a coincidence.

Reactions: Toblerone
Question for the lucky collectors today, preferably from Bluewater. How long would you say you were there from your appointment time to leaving? Mines at 3pm and I have to somehow be back in Norwich to take SWMBO to work by 7 🙈
My collection was 2pm today. I arrived at 1pm to a completely deserted car park with lots of shiny new Teslas! I sat around for 5 mins until someone walked past and said he would give the team a call as they were in a break. They were very happy to come over and sort out my collection. Took 10 mins max from then until I was driving away. Just checked my driving license to confirm who I was then gave me the key cards. The also made a big fuss of letting me know about a ‘surprise’ waiting for me in the boot - the parcel shelf!

Very dark in the car park so drove to an outside car park to give it the once over - all good!

Pleasantly surprised at how clean the car was as well!