Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The registration will relate to the delivery location. As a practical matter it is somewhat irrelevant which DVLA office the car is registered through. It just depends upon the collection location where the car is initially registered.
My cars have been LB or LD for this area - Kingston. Interestingly, the 2 model Ys along the road are G(Y i think), which might suggest registered to a lease company from somewhere completely different.

I haven’t seen any reports of 50psi tyre pressure on delivery. You boys are checking and dropping 42 aren’t you.
I've just taken delivery of a tyre pressure gauge with release valve ;)
I'm borrowing my father in law's Passat and it was driving like a complete sh!t box. Thought I'd check the tyre pressure and the fronts were at 60 psi! The old boy must be struggling to read the numbers!!

I am going off piste a bit here... but as a number of members are now concerned more with their car itself that the EDD
I will risk the Moderators' ire and post here.

Good morning.

Delivery 29th June - so far so good!

I have arranged for myMY to be transported from the Tesla Staines, Deliver Hub, after my inspection, to Reep Automotive.

I could not afford their full monty package.(5k+) but I have gone for a partial PPF (front end) and multi coats of ceramics and the appropriate coatings everywhere else; wheels off, glass and interior. It would be just like Sod's law to incur damage whilst driving it to Reep, so I am coughing up for the trailer.

I found my self, this morning wondering how they will deal with the PPF application at the six sensors on the front of the car (particular care should be taken with the Tesla's 6th sensor:rolleyes:).

Reep do not apply the ubiquitous Xpel but are agents for a new manufacturer.

Youtube vids suggest that of the two options for dealing with PPF at the sensors, each has its issues:

Options a) template cut holes for the sensors.
Option b) cutting out a circle around the sensors post PPF application.

Option a) brings difficulties with lining up the holes in an area of the car where PPF stretching is required.

Option b) calls for skill with knife/scalpel blades and a conscientious approach to changing the blade after every two holes are cut.

A small dilemma :

Should I raise the issue of the sensors with Reep Automotive or should I rely on the confidence in their professionalism which prompted me give them the business in the first place? Here again, I hear Sod chuckling.

I have learned so much about Tesla cars; their construction, vulnerabilities and preventative treatments. All of which, for a bloke who worries for England, I could do without. However, I can't "unknow" knowing these things - at least, not until the ..what do you call it..... loss of memory associated with ageing ......I'm sure there is a name for it.......

Any opinions based on experience or the common sense which abounds here would be much appreciated.

Thank you
I have got PPF on my M3LR. Just got the front facing parts (including rear wheel arches) done as the whole body was mega expensive. They did a fantastic job on mine, I was well impressed, and I (like you by the sounds of things) have a keen eye for detail.

My guy cut the holes for the sensors after fitting (I am assuming to make sure they were in the perfect place) - he won't damage the car, dont worry!

I would leave it to the experts, don't forget they do this day in day out, it will just be another day in the office for them! As long as they have got good reviews they will do a great job, don't panic and relax into the enjoyment of it all!

Just a word of notice, my PPF saved me about £1,000 in repairs when I hit a rock and it bounced up the rear wheel arch, would have needed a complete sand down and respray but actually just rubbed off and self healed :cool:. I was very dubious about spending £800+ on PPF till this happened....

Also, just for the record, swirl marks on PPF will self heal

Reactions: JOL1 and busterboy
The registration will relate to the delivery location. As a practical matter it is somewhat irrelevant which DVLA office the car is registered through. It just depends upon the collection location where the car is initially registered.
I have got PPF on my M3LR. Just got the front facing parts (including rear wheel arches) done as the whole body was mega expensive. They did a fantastic job on mine, I was well impressed, and I (like you by the sounds of things) have a keen eye for detail.

My guy cut the holes for the sensors after fitting (I am assuming to make sure they were in the perfect place) - he won't damage the car, dont worry!

I would leave it to the experts, don't forget they do this day in day out, it will just be another day in the office for them! As long as they have got good reviews they will do a great job, don't panic and relax into the enjoyment of it all!

Just a word of notice, my PPF saved me about £1,000 in repairs when I hit a rock and it bounced up the rear wheel arch, would have needed a complete sand down and respray but actually just rubbed off and self healed :cool:. I was very dubious about spending £800+ on PPF till this happened....

Also, just for the record, swirl marks on PPF will self heal
Very good information, advice and reassurance that the investment has paid dividends for you.
Indeed, insurance and protection are kind of synonymous but try telling that to the "Computer says no to PPF" insurance companies:)
Thank you v. much for that.

P.S.For anyone wishing to give me a lecture on how my statement above is incorrect...I was joking;)

Last edited:
Very good information, advice and reassurance that the investment has paid dividends for you.
Indeed, insurance and protection are kind of synonymous but try telling that to the "Computer says no to PPF" insurance companies:)
Thank you
Haven't even bothered telling my insurance company. I wouldn't be too worried if they didn't pay out for the cost of the PPF in the case of an accident

Insurance company's algorithms get a little confused when you start talking about PPF - I assume they see it as a type of wrap. In their mind, if you wrap a car, you are likely to do donuts in the car park at Tesco when it shuts...

• Funny
Reactions: Wattsisname
@Wattsisname just come off live chat with the delightful Sharon. Asked about my final invoice. The lady said, because I'm using Tesla finance services for my PCP, I don't get a final invoice. Which, by now, I kinda knew.
Also, funnily enough, my vin appeared in my account today, no reg though(had that through on text). Its a funny old game

@Wattsisname just come off live chat with the delightful Sharon. Asked about my final invoice. The lady said, because I'm using Tesla finance services for my PCP, I don't get a final invoice. Which, by now, I kinda knew.
Also, funnily enough, my vin appeared in my account today, no reg though(had that through on text). Its a funny old game
VIN also appeared on my app today. Reg only via text so far. Picking up on the 30th

Isn't it just; a funny old game or, to paraphrase the brilliant fast show ..."Buy-in' a Tesla! Toughest job in the world mate."

So, I have paid. Yesterday, the very pleasant and professional Maria (who said she would call me about our ship's progress today but didn't)
confirmed the payments received and explained that I would be signing the Tesla Finance contract at the Delivery. Something about Black Horse Finance who are now fronting Tesla Finance, being a bit anal about hard copy originals. Fair enough.

In the USA, Tesla are, so I hear but don't quote me, geared up to underwrite and finance their cars.

I.O.B. Same as you with VIN and Reg by SMS.

I have just been chasing, well not exactly chasing, but sitting on my arse being reassured for half an hour how important I am - thanks for the ego boost Admiral.

Apparently all now sorted and, as an added bonus, they have raised my self esteem levels right up there, like a very high thing.

Thanks again Admiral.

I have just cancelled this ex-demo order I had due to the low trade-in offer I got so if any of you are looking for something right away it'll pop up on the website very soon I assume.
View attachment 819942
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • 4k miles
  • £63,890
There is a different one on there now.

EDIT 18:44: Telegram just pinged, it took 4 minutes for Telegram to ping. Once Telegram pinged, it went.

1656006029879.png

All the local offices were closed in 2013, all vehicles are done centrally now. Dealers still tend to use the codes that were used in the area, but I think that's really just a historical hangover as there's no longer a requirement (not sure about that bit).

There is a different one on there now.

EDIT 18:44: Telegram just pinged, it took 4 minutes for Telegram to ping. Once Telegram pinged, it went.

View attachment 820038
Do they mention when it was first registered? I guess if the purchaser honours his existing new car order, he can, eventually sell the demonstrator with minimal loss, having enjoyed a MY for some months before his EDD has finished its wild roaming up and down the calendar and settles down to embrace a VIN.

I was told yesterday at about 2pm, by a Teslerette, that they have another 15 demonstrators to sell. Maybe they are drip feeding the market...to better shift them at top$$$.

Now then....... SWMBO says " Get off the computer, we've got to move these 'fridgerators and these custom kitchens to liberate" she goes on to say that she wishes I had learned to play the guitar or learned to play them drums. So, I will now say.....

Evening all.

Last edited:
Reactions: guicane and Darreno