Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just talked to my insurance, direct line. They say, in the first 12 months, they do new replacement, then after that it's like for like. I'll get gap after that I think 😬
That's fine if you want to claim on your insurance.

If a third party hits you and writes off the car, then I guess that new for old doesn't work unless you claim on your policy instead of the insurance of the person that hit you.

In my case, my car was hit from behind whilst stationary and written off at 9 months old. The insurance of the van that hit me paid out the market value and the ALA gap policy made up the difference to the replacement new vehicle cost.

Yes, most auto insurance policies offer replacement cover during first year as standard. Most GAP insurers will only issue insurance within 90 days of your purchase of the car. If you will want GAP insurance the advice seems to be to buy it during that 90-day window but have its effective date deferred until the end of the 1 year that your regular insurance covers you with replacement cover.

Insurance is such a minefield.
Ahh, yes, I remember reading the 90 thing. Thanks for that. I'll set an alarm for 28 days time 😁

PXL_20220628_165846897.MP.jpg

The view from Ryde, Isle of Wight.

What a day... Turned up at NEC Birmingham 10.30 (1 hour early), just stepped off train had phone call to say car not ready until 2pm. Then 12.00 had call asking if i was picking my car up, told them i'd been told 2pm, they rang off to find out why. They rang back 20 mins later to apologise and would pay for lunch as an apology. Went for lunch just before 1pm and about to finish ordering when they rang to say car is ready. Cancelled lunch and dashed to hall 16. Must say great setup, all cars under cover and not a swirl in sight.

I am glad to meet a fellow psycho.... my car arrived at bang on 5pm just as the heavens started pouring. The poor guy got drenched moving it off the truck and when I asked if he could put it in the driveway he just smiled and said "I can reverse it off or drive it on and that's about it". I then got in and my mind went blank 😂😂 should really have watched the intro vids again. Just had it out for a spin and it is very nice. A tad bumpier than I expected so I'm glad I went for the smaller wheels but I'll have to change the hub caps eventually. Here's a weird fact... my number plate is WGZ 4036!
Plate brothers !!! Check your tyre pressures , mine were fine but I know other peoples were 50psi…. Have to say im happy with the ride so far !

Where’s the picture !!!!

Reactions: Wattsisname
Ugh that didn't help....... I feel I am torturing myself here, patience is not my forte. Though I feel a little less psychotic when you say you were staring through the fence at yours 😂 (and yet tempted to drive down and see if mine is still there).
You would go and have gander if your anything like me; psychotic that is 😅Resist:cool: everything but temptation.

What a day... Turned up at NEC Birmingham 10.30 (1 hour early), just stepped off train had phone call to say car not ready until 2pm. Then 12.00 had call asking if i was picking my car up, told them i'd been told 2pm, they rang off to find out why. They rang back 20 mins later to apologise and would pay for lunch as an apology. Went for lunch just before 1pm and about to finish ordering when they rang to say car is ready. Cancelled lunch and dashed to hall 16. Must say great setup, all cars under cover and not a swirl in sight.
Great great news! The car condition not the cancelled lunch.:)
When Iwas a lad, "The Esso sign meant happy motoring...." (repeat three times)
Now it's the wonderful Teslar Supercharger sign that promise a great ride..... Enjoy!

So RSEV are saying the MIG MYP has noticeably better suspension than the MIC MYLR, yet I don't believe they have a June '22 MIC MYLR to compare with.

Anybody who got their MIC MYLR care to comment versus what they tested from the showroom?
This is interesting. Hearing lots of reports of just delivered cars feeling softer than anticipated. Wonder if these changes are now also coming out of China. Might be a reason all the demo cars are being sold off, or maybe it just makes economic sense 🤷‍♂️

Good things do come to those who wait. I had the magic call from Tesla today, I have been matched to cancellation and collecting this Thursday. Collecting 4PM from Bristol, if any else is around drop me a DM. Can’t believe it’s actually happened yet. For those of you reading and waiting it appears the day does come. I have been waiting since January…..
All change, the nice Emma arranged for another cancellation that was closer! What’s the chances? So now collecting from NEC at 3 on Thu rather than Bristol at 4. I also struck lucky/unlucky and got a BJ22 plate. Giggle. Anyone else at The NEC around 3 let me know…

Reactions: JOL1 and Utumno
That's an unfortunate plate 🤣
All change, the nice Emma arranged for another cancellation that was closer! What’s the chances? So now collecting from NEC at 3 on Thu rather than Bristol at 4. I also struck lucky/unlucky and got a BJ22 plate. Giggle. Anyone else at The NEC around 3 let me know…
Jesus Christ, if you parked next to me, MM22

Lets leave it there.

That's fine if you want to claim on your insurance.

If a third party hits you and writes off the car, then I guess that new for old doesn't work unless you claim on your policy instead of the insurance of the person that hit you.

In my case, my car was hit from behind whilst stationary and written off at 9 months old. The insurance of the van that hit me paid out the market value and the ALA gap policy made up the difference to the replacement new vehicle cost.
But but but…. You’ll have to go through THIS EDD stuff all over again!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣