Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He does not really mean it; the allocation of cars falls in to the domain of the late (not so great) D Rumsfeld. "It's a known unknown." :)
PS Or is it an unknown. unknown. Maybe Don's old boss Bubya would known.

Now then..... Look out! SWMBO is back from shopping! Oh dear; she is shrouded in a miasma of perturbation proved by her disappointment at finding me whiling away the day on here.

"Alright already! I'll tidy the " spares room" OK! 😜And the shed"

PS Or is it an unknown. unknown. Maybe Don's old boss Bubya would known.

Now then..... Look out! SWMBO is back from shopping! Oh dear; she is shrouded in a miasma of perturbation proved by her disappointment at finding me whiling away the day on here.

"Alright already! I'll tidy the " spares room" OK! 😜And the shed"
DUBYA!!! Clue: A bird in the hand.......

Has anyone else had an experience with We Deliver Cars | Safe, Secure, Reliable Car Delivery Service, Every Single Time delivering their Tesla? I ordered through Zen Auto and it’s scheduled for delivery today between 2-6pm. Not heard a peep from them… it’s definitely my impatience driving me mad but I’m convinced it’s not going to show up
Have you heard anything yet? I had an RN number from Zen that Tesla confirmed would be delviered at the end of June, but not received any delivery info from Zen yet.

This happened to me and I paid 17.5K upfront when asked , they then changed the EDD to end of the year Oct-Nov. I then asked for the money back as I felt it was a little misleading the way it was positioned. At the point of paying the EDD was June so assumed it was to get delivery allocated and sorted. This kicked off a whole nightmare trying to get the refund.

A month after it started they then found a cancellation so I had to pay again as the money was in no mans land, basically paid 2 *17.5 and they are in the process of refunding one amount. Nightmare. Luckily I'm dealing with someone in Tesla that appears to be really customer focussed now so looks like it's progressing.

Don't pay until you have a VIN or some further confirmation unless you are happy for the money to be out of your account for potentially several months.
Thank you. This is really insightful.
I’ll probably just wait now and wait for the VIN to be confirmed, not expecting anything to be confirmed till late July or August

I'm in the queue at Southampton docks.

I'm early.

Good 50 people in the queue. Offering out free coffees though!

These boxes are full of keys, labelled from 9am to 9pm... Must be a good few 100 cars being collected today!

20220630_141344.jpg

Anyone else waiting with false hope that they will get a call from Tesla to get to Southampton to collected before close of play today.

These Q2 delay have put me in a right pickle of a position.
Abandoned all hope to be honest. Not even sure how i could send payment right now and see it credited in time for an end of day collection…. Next stop September I guess

Reactions: Darreno
This happened to me and I paid 17.5K upfront when asked , they then changed the EDD to end of the year Oct-Nov. I then asked for the money back as I felt it was a little misleading the way it was positioned. At the point of paying the EDD was June so assumed it was to get delivery allocated and sorted. This kicked off a whole nightmare trying to get the refund.

A month after it started they then found a cancellation so I had to pay again as the money was in no mans land, basically paid 2 *17.5 and they are in the process of refunding one amount. Nightmare. Luckily I'm dealing with someone in Tesla that appears to be really customer focussed now so looks like it's progressing.

Don't pay until you have a VIN or some further confirmation unless you are happy for the money to be out of your account for potentially several months.
My situation was similar, especially with the EDD dates being June, but I paid and left the money in the account and didn't request a refund. In my case this certainly helped as when I spoke to the advisor he said and quote "why are you waiting 3 months if you're already paid up" - the million-dollar question that I wanted him to answer!

Thank you. This is really insightful.
I’ll probably just wait now and wait for the VIN to be confirmed, not expecting anything to be confirmed till late July or August
I found he then escalated once I said I was all paid up and could be flexible with pick-up location and spec (provided the apr didn't change). This then uncovered the secret "list" everyone's getting themselves added to, and turned out they had a car ready for me to pick up within a few days albeit in Southampton rather than Staines. Fortunately, with my financial situation, I was OK without the funds as I had already sold my model 3 privately (once they moved goal posts with the trade-in).

I secretly hoped it would show them I was ready to go and help them with another sale before the Q end. They just needed to 'find' a car for me, which they did within a day or 2 after I spurred them on. Had they allocated me a car so close to the Q end had I not paid? Who knows, but I had nothing to lose apart from being without the funds, which I set aside for them anyway. So in my eyes, the money was already 'spent'.

Also, I'd like to add I'm not certain if your case or anyone else's will be similar but that seemed to have worked for me, and I got the car before the 30th - just as my original EDD.

Good luck to those who are still patiently waiting and once again sorry to have queue jumped those who ordered before me. It really is unfair but that's something Tesla needs to sort out - I personally think it's better to be proactive rather than reactive, but that's my nature. The wait is certainly worth it and fingers (and everything else) crossed for a record-breaking Q2!

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My phone is telling me its still connected to the car via bluetooth when I'm inside my house and therefore it's not locking as I walk away. Am I missing something or shall I just remove the phone key feature and rely on the key card only?
Have you sent someone else to the car to check that it is indeed unlocked? It must be vey close to the house and a common problem with a simple solution, as they tend to be...once you know?

When I get her back from the detailers, I must check this out. Thank you for raising it and "sorry I don't have an answer at present."

Now then...The last time I heard those words was at a Death BY P'Point sales presentation....I did not buy;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My phone is telling me its still connected to the car via bluetooth when I'm inside my house and therefore it's not locking as I walk away. Am I missing something or shall I just remove the phone key feature and rely on the key card only?
Tesla do a lovely fob which operates doors and both boots.

It's car shaped so you simply press on the appropriate part of the fob. I bought one in March, on the day I ordered the car because it is a beautifully designed object of desire ...

.........or as SWMBO said " It's not much use for anything without the car" ......to be fair.....that was when when our EDD changed to September.

She has really changed the record now that Lizzie has arrived ..."So, are you going to use the fob or not......"

Of course, I forgot to take it to Staines. It resides on a shelf in all its piano black (but dusty) loveliness and so we had to rely on old school tech.....the phone key;):rolleyes:

In my experience the phone needs to be quite close to the car in order for it to unlock. Indeed, just having the phone in your back pocket can be far enough away to mean the car won't unlock. This is with iPhones -- different brand phones may have different bluetooth strength.
Yes also iPhone. I have the app open now. It is telling me that it is standing in the detailers car park where I left it last night and that its interior temperature has rise to 38c !

:)I should have left it in Dog Mode. However, on the upside, its estimated range has increased by one mile since this morning.
The reverse can be expected from Dog Mode which is ruff ruff on the battery but essential when the dog's aboard:).

I can stand 3 feet from the car with my phone in my pocket and the car will auto lock.

Are you sure you've turned on "Walk Away Locking" ?