Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for me to check in!

I ordered a blue RWD Model 3 on new years day, it was originally scheduled for March but having told them I want a towbar I've been told May is most likely, which is a shame. The only positive is that this probably increases the chances of getting the dual pane rear windows, Li ion SLA battery, ryzen processor etc. Very keen on the LFP btttery and the slightly higher capacity is what pushed me to place the order.

I'd have loved to get a Model Y, but the RWD models don't exist outside china and the LR is too expensive for now.

Tesla are talking about more evenly spaced deliveries, rather than end of quarter pushes, but we have yet to see that. Not sure any ships are being tracked for Jan deliveries to the UK so the standard end of second month (Feb) and third month (March) deliveries seems to be in place for Q1 22.
I posted on the 2022 shipping thread earlier this week confirming that my TA at Cribbs had categorically stated that there would be NO deliveries to UK during January. Hope that helps :)

I completed same this morning (no finance, collection @ Delivery Hub at Southampton Docks). But no delivery date supplied.
Next steps: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

I completed same this morning (no finance, collection @ Delivery Hub at Southampton Docks). But no delivery date supplied.
Next steps: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
yeah, I am waiting at this same stage since end of December for M3LR which ordered on 29th of December. haven't got a vin yet as well....

it should be y5j correct?

Don't know how much help it'll be to you guys, since I'm from Poland, but thought I'll share the info anyway.
  • 8th of November — I've ordered my M3LR in Poland. The configuration page had estimated delivery date for December 2021. Of course that didn't happen.
  • Early December — I'd found a number to a Tesla rep through online and offline friends. When I called Tesla Poland they told me that my order was pushed to February/March delivery, they are sorry and so on. I have to wait for them to contact me — which is very frustrating as we all know :)
  • 7th of Janaury — another month of silence from Tesla followed until today. A rep from Tesla Poland called me to say they're expecting my car to be delivered February/March and asked me if I'll be ready for pick up by then.
Nothing new I guess, since Giga Shanghai will be producing export cars through January (first half of a quarter production is meant for export cars from what I've read), then there's about 30 days of transportation (from Asia and then from Zeebrugge or Koper to Poland), so February/March delivery was to be expected.

Just got sms confirming delivery of MYLR in Feb 2022

Attachments

• 7DB0DBB7-952F-4DF5-8852-27D3042B5E4A.jpeg
    7DB0DBB7-952F-4DF5-8852-27D3042B5E4A.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 133
My lease company says 14th of March, how much should I take this as confirmed?

Will I also get the same texts some of you guys are getting from Tesla about sorting out the delivery etc or does that happen with the lease company still?

Mine was ordered on the 27th of Dec

Last edited:
Anything past the 1st day of March would be great for me tbh.

Probably likely that this batch won’t have the new updates coming to the model 3’s which is a shame
Same here, however, the boat that likely contains these vehicles is scheduled to leave Shanghai TODAY (if assumptions and educated guesses hold true). This means that the boat may contain a spectrum of pre update vehicles, and possibly some 2022 updates. It's impossible to know for sure. I'm in the same position as you, I have a LR model 3 white, black interior (simple configuration, hopefully a generic build) on hold for this shipment. I have specifically asked for the updated car (the whole reason to order for March, and not take car sooner), so if one arrives that matches me, and Tesla can fulfil it, then I'll be over the moon. If they can't then they will reallocate the cars to others. Many people out there just want the car, don't care for the new mods. I'll sit quietly for the Q2 shipment, and go through the same process again. How often Tesla will be able to do this I have no idea. But as soon as they have the car, I'll take it immediately. How soon these 2022 revisions will reach UK shores is the ultimate dancer.

I'm working with the fantastic Tesla folks at my local center, and hoping will get some early intel once the boat arrives. The new update is a huge one for me as I intend to keep the car for 6, 7 years +, and it'll help future proof that goal without retrofits. Makes sense to apply a little patience now since these cars are rolling off the production lines as we type.

Even though largely unconfirmed as an exclusive Tesla ship; lots of eyes on the HOEGH TRAVELLER at the moment 😙

Last edited:
I noticed that UK models display different range to US.
This is as the US use a more accurate estimate, in the UK we have to go by the European WLTP Cycle results: Read more here

Dont Forget - those with Model Y and Model 3 deliveries in 2022 can make use of Tesla Inspect UK to give their car the once over at collection, it's both free and available offline (once you have visited it with an internet connection).

This is as the US use a more accurate estimate, in the UK we have to go by the European WLTP Cycle results: Read more here

Dont Forget - those with Model Y and Model 3 deliveries in 2022 can make use of Tesla Inspect UK to give their car the once over at collection, it's both free and available offline (once you have visited it with an internet connection).
Thanks for that ! Really helpful 👍 wish I could just like posts but I think because I'm new in the forum I don't have that functionality so apologies for this message!