Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way,

I wonder if anyone noticed:
Now, on the account page, you can see that it says:

2022 Tesla Model 3

this would also hint the 2022 spec
Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 21.09.38.png

Good spot! I can't remember if it was always "2022" but guessing it's just derived from the VIN

This was published some time ago but it will be good to finally see which (if not all) of these end up in our cars :)

Haven't seen much about the 'new connectivity card' - if it were 5G I'm sure we'd be hearing a lot more about it, so I assume it is still 4G

They’re adding a Berlin Gigafactory now to every car? Nice! You can’t say these Teslas aren’t well equipped. Wonder what I’ll do with my new Gigafactory.

Update - I just spoke to the cleaner at the Tesla Store and he CONFIRMED that my car will come with a free Berlin-based Gigafactory! 😉

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77 and sc20
Any estimates for residuals on the rwd vs lr? If the LR holds a reasonable amount of its price delta then while it’ll cost more, I’ll get some of that back when I sell, so may help justify

Plus mitigation from degradation, selling used into a market with generally longer range cars, oh plus it can drive further

Any estimates for residuals on the rwd vs lr? If the LR holds a reasonable amount of its price delta then while it’ll cost more, I’ll get some of that back when I sell, so may help justify

Plus mitigation from degradation, selling used into a market with generally longer range cars, oh plus it can drive further
I sense a man who is about to hit those man maths spreadsheets hard! 😁😉

• Funny
Reactions: Mrklaw
Difficult to predict. The LR is the best seller, which means there will be more coming up for sale driving down the price. The RWD is also the cheapest way to get a Tesla so they seem to hold their value quite well.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Any estimates for residuals on the rwd vs lr?
In the back of Whatcar magazine it says retained value at 3yrs/36k miles is 57% for RWD, 60% for LR and 61% for Performance.

The Performance makes no financial sense, unless you compare it with something like a M3, Giulia QF or C63. Depreciation is offset by lower running costs. The RWD is probably the safest place to put your money, particularly with the longevity of the LFP battery.

In the back of Whatcar magazine it says retained value at 3yrs/36k miles is 57% for RWD, 60% for LR and 61% for Performance.

The Performance makes no financial sense, unless you compare it with something like a M3, Giulia QF or C63. Depreciation is offset by lower running costs. The RWD is probably the safest place to put your money, particularly with the longevity of the LFP battery.
This is one of the reasons why I like buying cars cash (or with an unsecured loan if I didn't have the cash available), you're not tied in for a set period of time. I will keep an eye on the resale value of my Tesla and the battery degradation regularly, and if either start heading too quickly in the wrong direction I'll sell up before I've lost too much. Harder to do with PCP.

On the other hand, I doubt I'll ever charge my Tesla to 100%, and it'll be rare that I'll charge it above 80%. So I'm not expecting terrible battery degradation anyway.

Reactions: milesr3
This is one of the reasons why I like buying cars cash.
It's unusual, but I am the same. I did buy my first ever car on PCP last year (an Aygo) but the 28% discount and 0% finance made this the cheapest total cost of ownership. If only Tesla did similar deals!
On the other hand, I doubt I'll ever charge my Tesla to 100%, and it'll be rare that I'll charge it above 80%.
Same again. I might need 100% a handful of times a year but the daily charge level is more than enough for me to last a couple of weeks. With the ambient temperatures we have in the UK battery degradation due to ageing is pretty flat, around 5%, from 60% to 90% storage SoC. If one was to obsess about degradation then the battery should not be charged above 55%!

Battery degradation.png

If you do the calculation, multiplying one years degradation of 5% by the square root of time, then degradation due to ageing is 11% at 5 years versus 7% if stored at less than 50% SoC.

One of the things that pushed me to order the 2022 M3P is the LG M50 battery. It provides maximum discharge current from 10C and it should provide more consist power at lower SoC and temperature. This should compensate for the small reduction in WLTP range and is a win-win in the LR with the LG M48.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutomaticMan

The Performance makes no financial sense, unless you compare it with something like a M3, Giulia QF or C63. Depreciation is offset by lower running costs.
Does any car really make financial sense (other than investment exotics perhaps), but I assume you mean the P makes no financial sense in relation to the LR?

Those % figures don't correlate with used values at the moment of course. 60% of say £50k is £30k. The closest match to 3yr/36k on autotrader is over £40k so approximate residuals of 80% currently. Who knows what the price of electricity etc will do to future residuals though....

None of this helps me convince myself I need a M3P however. :)

what steps will be needed for those selling a Tesla? I’m selling to a dealer tomorrow through motorway

- do I need to remove my phone as a key or let the dealer do that?
- I’ll charge up to 90% to help them get back
- signed out of netflix
- have all the paperwork
- Considering leaving the car on my app/account until maybe the day after - that would allow them to use a supercharger if they need it to get home. Or should I just remove it and they can use a third party if needed?

anything else to consider?

None of this helps me convince myself I need a M3P however. :)
I deliberately haven't thought about it too much and just ordered one! The P is well into diminishing returns over the LR for the 20% extra cost but I was going to buy something even sillier and more expensive, so I'm convinced (at least).

Used values are at unprecedented levels right now but guaranteed future values on PCP and those Whatcar trade-in valuations haven't really changed. Some folk have seen residuals of 100% or more where supply has fallen completely out of line with demand. I bought one of the last Defenders in 2016 and it's worth about 50% more than I paid for it, which was already above list price! Teslas are not in short supply but they are still expensive when new and demand can only increase. I'd like to think that our residuals will be better than 60%. It is however already ~50% more residual value than an ICE alternative.

Reactions: 73henny
what steps will be needed for those selling a Tesla? I’m selling to a dealer tomorrow through motorway

- do I need to remove my phone as a key or let the dealer do that?
- I’ll charge up to 90% to help them get back
- signed out of netflix
- have all the paperwork
- Considering leaving the car on my app/account until maybe the day after - that would allow them to use a supercharger if they need it to get home. Or should I just remove it and they can use a third party if needed?

anything else to consider?
For the car itself - Just factory reset.
Hand over the keycards.

There's some Tesla account stuff that needs to happen, but just speak to a Tesla rep and they can help unlink your car from your account etc.

Hi, reading this post and excited with the prospect of getting the new updated car until the last few posts that suggest it might not be the case.

I like others have had an email reply from Tesla Glasgow confirming I will receive the updates on the website - which I take to be the increased mileage.

Can anyone advise now I have the VIN to identify if it is the updated version or not.

Many thanks