Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just received my final invoice from Tesla and on the Vin is a letter M for the date so it makes it a 2021 model so do you guys think it will have the bigger battery and updated chip in it??

I did ring Tesla last weekend and asked the question as it said a 2021 car in the app and they said it was the newer version so do you guys think it’s worth another phone call just to confirm it as I’d like the newer stuff on the car? Thanks

The only thing the Letter "M" and "N" in VIN signify is whether vehicle rolled off manufacturing on or before 31 Dec 2021 or after 1 Jan 2022, it has absolutely no relation to what parts or version of parts were used in the manufacture. Tesla is an exception and does not follow the Model Year method used by all other manufacturers, namely announcing a specific configuration of parts and options for a specific model year and begins the next/new model year from the August of the previous year. For example, a 2022 model year BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Volkswagon, etc begin production from August 2021 and they will have 2022 options and specific 2022 functionality. The Registration number assigned by DVLA will only depend on the day the vehicle is registered and taxed. Tesla does not follow this model year methodology followed by everyone else and only look at whether manufacturing occurred on or before 31 Dec 2021 or after 1 Jan 2022 and the parts and functionality depends on just in time parts available to the factory on the day of manufacture. Most likely, the High-Voltage battery available for your vehicle rolled off the plant in 2021, will have the latest LG variant E5LD or previous version E5CD, 100% the AMD Ryzen MPU if manufactured after 15 Dec 2021 which is when they ran out of the Intel MPU, may have the Lithium-Ion or Lithium Iron auxiliary battery and 100% will have the older charge-only (not Data-enabled) USB Hub either fitted or maybe retrofitted at a later time. Hence there is no Model Year specific specification, with Tesla it is whatever parts are available and sourced at the time of manufacture.

Reactions: 60milesmile
Finally my status has now changed to delivery estimate of March 2nd to March 16th for my RWD. Model has changed from "Model 3" to "2022 Tesla Model 3". VIN has also been assigned! For those interested I ordered a RWD/MSM/19" Sport wheels/Black interior/EAP back in December 4th 2021. Collection will be from Bristol Cribbs. Hopefully those who also ordered RWDs will be getting their estimation dates and VIN soon too! 🤞 as up until now it's been dominated by LR AWDs :p
I've also had a delivery estimate through of March 2nd to 16th for my order – RWD/Blue/White/Aeros – and VIN is now showing in source code. Ordered on 11th December (originally for Thorpe Park but sounds like this will change to Brent Cross/Bluewater). Sold our car last week with Cazoo, so definitely counting down the days!

I’ve just received my final invoice from Tesla and on the Vin is a letter M for the date so it makes it a 2021 model so do you guys think it will have the bigger battery and updated chip in it??
All M does is indicated it was manufactured in the year 2021. It has no relation to the specification.

It's likely to have the bigger battery as the last ones shipped in December did. The CPU would be a guess, but then so it would be if the VIN had N.

I’ve been on the phone to Tesla this morning and apparently the team responsible for spec changes has been decimated by COVID so there’s one person doing it for the whole of Europe… not sure how much truth there is in that but it explains why a week on they haven’t changed my spec from blue to red

I’ve just told them to leave it as blue since I have a car allocated and a delivery window

I've also had a delivery estimate through of March 2nd to 16th for my order – RWD/Blue/White/Aeros – and VIN is now showing in source code. Ordered on 11th December (originally for Thorpe Park but sounds like this will change to Brent Cross/Bluewater). Sold our car last week with Cazoo, so definitely counting down the days!
Interesting to see my showing "February" estimate for RWD/Blue/Black does not have VIN or dates, while you guys already have VINs and dates for March 😅

Reactions: Petetheroadie

I did ring Tesla last weekend and asked the question as it said a 2021 car in the app and they said it was the newer version so do you guys think it’s worth another phone call just to confirm it as I’d like the newer stuff on the car? Thanks
To be honest I was concerned when I saw mine as "2021 Tesla Model 3", but I guess it makes sense. It's in transit and probably close to/in the UK (I'm sure those closely following shipping will be able to elaborate). This means it must have left Shanghai not too long after the new year; it makes sense for it to be carrying cars manufactured either side of the new year.

As for new tech, I guess I consider that's a lottery. As I have ordered a RWD, I won't know for sure what the right way to get new tech is (i.e. how long to wait) until we start seeing people in the UK take deliveries of that model (I wouldn't be surprised if they used newer parts on higher spec models first and used up the old stock on the RWDs).

I don't want to wait, so I've decided it isn't super important for me.

So I ordered RWD M3 in Oct 2021, and asked them for a March 2022 delivery.

Yesterday my delivery date was “Estimated February delivery date”.

Then I just opened my Tesla App and was promoted to “Accept Upgrade to Car Hardware” which described my range had increased for the M3 to 305 Miles (WLTP).

When I hit the “Accept” button, my Est. delivery date just updated to “March 3 - March 17”, but I checked no VIN…

How is this possible? Does this mean my M3 has the new Ryzen update to hardware too as well a 22 plate? Thanks in advance for any info !! (Super excited 😆)
Did they ask you to accept the downgrade in 0 to 60?
I also ordered in Oct when it was still 5.3, and have expected delivery of Feb.

Hey guys, who here got the earliest pick up date for their Tesla?
In Germany we are waiting anxiously for the California to dock in Zeebrugge. We are very excited to see which cars come with the new CPU, as some of the SR and LR orders had to confirm a reduced range before delivery whereas the Performance orders didn't get that notification but still had a reduced range in the CoC-document. So we still hope that all cars get the new CPU.
Some of our advisors even promised new cpu and double glass rear windows for ALL 2022 cars, but as we all know, you can't really take their word seriously. Still, we are surprised that they would tell something like this with such conviction.

Reactions: MrT3
Hey guys, who here got the earliest pick up date for their Tesla?
In Germany we are waiting anxiously for the California to dock in Zeebrugge. We are very excited to see which cars come with the new CPU, as some of the SR and LR orders had to confirm a reduced range before delivery whereas the Performance orders didn't get that notification but still had a reduced range in the CoC-document. So we still hope that all cars get the new CPU.
Some of our advisors even promised new cpu and double glass rear windows for ALL 2022 cars, but as we all know, you can't really take their word seriously. Still, we are surprised that they would tell something like this with such conviction.
Get my home delivery on Friday next week 11th.

Reactions: LordOfLight
Guys I'm truly excited for folks picking their cars up next week. It's brilliant and super heart pounding. This time in 1 month I should be joining you! We just had a mess up with Octopus (it's not Octopus fault I may quickly add), but issues with three phase looped home circuits causing a problem with smart meter installation, which pushes back the isolator install which delays the charging unit! Mrs has decided she's going to get an EV at some point, so opted to get a neutral WALLBOX charger rather than a Tesla charger. Fun of first time buying!

It's been a pleasure sharing the journey with you guys, even refreshing in the shipping movement thread by Mr Miserable.. Goes to show even pre-delivery Tesla's are fun ;-) Post photos, and videos of celebration lightshow antics! For a month I'll be thoroughly envious!