Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 RWD, Black, Aero wheels & White interior on 26th December, checked account yesterday and now have EDD of 21st to 31st March. But no VIN in source, spoke to Tesla chat the other day and they said I havent been matched with a VIN yet. Also haven't receieved SMS to say its on its way.

When have you all received the SMS etc? Havent even had the payment information yet to pay my downpayment?

Reactions: davidnolan3d
Ordered M3 RWD, White, 18'', Black Interior. Ordered on 9th December 2021, leasing through Central Contracts as broker, Lex Autolease as financier.

Just called Tesla- helpful chap on the phone looked up my order using the RN number. He said I haven't been matched to a car yet but scheduled to be matched from 1st March. He said you would usually get matched within around 2 weeks of being eligible to be matched to a car so 2 weeks from 1st March. Not really sure how true all this is- Central Contracts told me last week that the supplier have given 15th March as EDD, but that is obviously not likely if I haven't even been matched to a vehicle. He said he would think it would be end of March or April or at the worst case scenario said May. Not great really, the initial EDD was February when I ordered.
Hope you get sorted soon, I ordered white RWD no extras with black interior. Seen a couple been matched on here, but I haven’t as yet. Hopefully happen when the cars land in uk. But then not sure why some have been matched at sea and some not, unless those cars are already here.

Ordered my M3 RWD, Black, Aero wheels & White interior on 26th December, checked account yesterday and now have EDD of 21st to 31st March. But no VIN in source, spoke to Tesla chat the other day and they said I havent been matched with a VIN yet. Also haven't receieved SMS to say its on its way.

When have you all received the SMS etc? Havent even had the payment information yet to pay my downpayment?
My order details are all very nearly the same as yours. No VIN with me either and the same EDD. I’d say it will be a week or two yet before we hear anything more.

I think it ruins the tyre altogether. I might be wrong but I'm sure its only meant to be used to be able to get you somewhere safely ie nearest services, or tyre centre etc but at the cost of the tyre if that makes sense.
I've used these a couple of times. It doesn't ruin the tyre, or mess with the pressure indicator. If the puncture can be repaired, it can be repaired regardless of the aerosol.

Won't this Tyre sealant destroy the tyre pressure sensor with the foam?
Just back and checking how things are looking! Couple of folks replied about the HOLTS tyre repair with some great info.

I did my homework on this, and it's a very very good question to ask. I had this fear exactly. Will it destroy my TPMS? I think others have definitely followed up with some helpful replies that mirror my findings. It's highly improbable with this stuff. It looks to be a very proven wash out product.

I saw this on the official Tesla shop as well :

1645226058480.png

So it looked to me like Tesla actually sell this kind of tyre sealing foam themselves. They wouldn't if it insta-killed the TPMS. I researched just the foam component, and found that HOLTS one was proven to be a reliably easy foam to wash out of the tyre without it damaging anything, but also effective (it wouldn't be popular and highly recommended if it was destructive). Under tyre management Tesla say to replace the TPMS with a damaged non repairable tyre (which stands to reason anyway, and is around £30). Having the tyre sealant at hand, with an air compressor gives you options. That's #1 for me. If I'm out with the family, and break down in an awful place, I don't want to put them in danger. At the very least I want to get to a place of safety then call tesla recovery if needed. If I'm on my own and happy to chuck on Netflix whilst I wait, then I have that option to, but family first, always. For me the tyre sealant is an additional option, and one well worth it for the sake of a can in the boot that could end up being a life saver. I'd probably use it in an instant if car broke down in a dodgy place, where either the car was in danger, or me, or family! I'd rather replace a £30 TPMS than have a bunch of unsavoury drunken louts start scoping out my vehicle whilst the family and I waited for recovery 😦 I'd be outa there, screw the tyre!

That's a long waffle post to say: I'd put my car and safety before a £30 sensor regardless. The chances of damaging anything with this stuff is extremely low. I wouldn't hesitate if I really needed to use it ;)

Last edited:
I've an M3P on order - due for collection from Manchester March 14.

A helpful chap at Tesla Manchester emailed me the attached image, from what I understand 2170L are the latest Panasonic made cells so the battery will be the 82kWh model. Range is shown as 567km = 352m (same as 2021 spec.).

I'd read that the new Ryzen consumed more energy so was concerned with the range showing the same as a 2021 the car would have the Atom processor. A quick web chat with the infamous Davide has put my mind at rest - my car has the Ryzen processors and new 15v low voltage battery - all good news.

Tesla now show a range of 340m for the 2022 M3P - I presume they will be fitting the 79kWh LG battery in future deliveries and I've dropped lucky with a 2022 spec. car and the slightly larger battery.

View attachment 770758
3.3? Thought they were 3.1?

Hi, I'm on on way to collect a model y at Southampton today (19 Feb); I'd be facinated to know
1) What ship would it have likely sailed on
2) Do the ships only tend to have teslas in?
3) if so how many teslas per vessel & how many vessels in the 2022 UK fleet for the 1srt qtr

Thanks Geoff (had a hunt, but on train with limited data allowance)

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Hi, I'm on the way to pick up a Y at Southampton docks. I'd be facinated to know;
1) what ship is it likely to have arrived on
2) Is it normallyt just Teslas on the ships
3) if so, how many teslas on ship & how many ships are in the Tesla 1st quarter armada to UK
4) has it been estiumated how many Ys will get to UK in 1st qtr

Thanks Geoff (I've had a bit of a hunt for this info, but on train with limited data)

Hi, I'm on on way to collect a model y at Southampton today (19 Feb); I'd be facinated to know
1) What ship would it have likely sailed on
2) Do the ships only tend to have teslas in?
3) if so how many teslas per vessel & how many vessels in the 2022 UK fleet for the 1srt qtr

Thanks Geoff (had a hunt, but on train with limited data allowance)
You need to read the shipping thread for those answers.

Makes sense. Also is the latest battery LG or Panasonic? Also I only see 82 kWh for the latest packs so I’m not sure what the 79 kWh reference is.
2170L I think means my car will have the Panasonic cells and the quoted range (352m) looks like it will be the 82kWh pack.

I know another user was keen to get the slightly lower capacity LG battery (79kWh), the difference in range is not signicant but I would prefer more than less - not sure if the LG battery has any other advantages?

In the USA the M3P is sticking with Panasonic from what I've read.