Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For members discussing compressors I'm sure I've read in the past the 12v socket is quite limited in output and some compressors will cause the electronic fuse to cut power.

Related post:

I know another user was keen to get the slightly lower capacity LG battery (79kWh), the difference in range is not signicant but I would prefer more than less - not sure if the LG battery has any other advantages?
The 2022 M3P is certified with both Panasonic 3L (82kWh) and LG 5L (79kWh) batteries. The cat.3 3D6 rear drive unit (rated 16kW higher, as used in the MYP) is only certified in combination with the LG 5L.

There are other pros and cons, for example the LG 5L does not currently supercharge as quickly as the Panasonic 3L but has potentially less of a performance drop at lower temperatures and SoC (and potentially less peak power than the 3L).

The 2022 M3P is certified with both Panasonic 3L (82kWh) and LG 5L (79kWh) batteries. The cat.3 3D6 rear drive unit (rated 16kW higher, as used in the MYP) is only certified in combination with the LG 5L.

There are other pros and cons, for example the LG 5L does not currently supercharge as quickly as the Panasonic 3L but has potentially less of a performance drop at lower temperatures and SoC (and potentially less peak power than the 3L).
This makes sense as well (may explain the 3.3 rather than 3.1 number). Also there is an update coming for the LG that will increase the charge rate.

Spotted this over on the German site. Interesting news for the M3P with LG 5L battery.

View attachment 770177

You need to read the shipping thread for those answers.

Thanks, I'll look there

For members discussing compressors I'm sure I've read in the past the 12v socket is quite limited in output and some compressors will cause the electronic fuse to cut power.

Related post:

strange - I thought it had decent power support and compressors normally aren’t that high power? I bought a cordless one for convenience anyway - wife can keep the wired one in her car.

How about little bits and bobs? the cordless charger is micro USB which I hate, so now I need a USB-C to micro USB cable, or a USB-C to A adapter, or maybe a 12v with a couple of USB-A ports for flexibility (maybe that one is better). Already have the USB-C to lightning cable in the central cubby, although everyone in the family now has wireless charging support it might be useful for the kids in the back.

strange - I thought it had decent power support and compressors normally aren’t that high power? I bought a cordless one for convenience anyway - wife can keep the wired one in her car.

How about little bits and bobs? the cordless charger is micro USB which I hate, so now I need a USB-C to micro USB cable, or a USB-C to A adapter, or maybe a 12v with a couple of USB-A ports for flexibility (maybe that one is better). Already have the USB-C to lightning cable in the central cubby, although everyone in the family now has wireless charging support it might be useful for the kids in the back.

Had my first puncture and it’s a very slow leak (10psi loss overnight but stops at around 26psi) so been topping up to 41psi with a 12v cigarette lighter socket (rated to 125psi max) and seems to be working fine, had no issues. Service booked for next week and popped into Park Royal who advised they will try to repair first than replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrklaw
Surprised at how many black v white Cars on the video.. thought white would have been more popular

Its quite hard to tell from the video as black is very close in colour to grey and blue.
From eye balling I would say white, black, blue and grey are pretty equal, with red definitely in the minority.

But if someone wants to pause the video and enhance the colour, to count them please prove me wrong :)

I'm just wondering - Is there anyone who ordered last week and since then seen their estimated date change from August to the end of March who has had any confirmation from Tesla that it's an accurate change?

Personally, they told me they would get back to me on Thursday but I've heard nothing. I'm really trying not to get too excited as I keep expecting to log in and see the date back to August again. Makes planning my interim car a bit tricky too.