Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
91AFEAFC-0E94-45EA-9166-342ED57A1FFD.jpeg

Picked up this beauty from the Trafford Centre this morning. Loads of other Teslas there including Ys. All looked great, but white with white by far the best IMO (until this time tomorrow when it’ll be more like grey with grey). Pickup was easy and I couldn’t find any issues with panel gaps etc although I only spent a few mins checking. Word of warning though, the superchargers there are not working. There was nothing to indicate this was the case so quite a few people connected up and thought it was a problem with their respective cars!

Ordered a M3 LR midnight silver on 5th March, original EDD was November. Then it was moved forward to Jun 11-Jul 09. Today, it's gone back to November 😂 My current car (BMW i3) doesn't finish its PCP until the end of the year, so I'm okay with that. Who am I kidding - November?!😭
What wheels you gone for?

M3LR in midnight silver and aero 18" here. Ordered 27th Feb

• Disagree
Reactions: DLSS
View attachment 780828
Picked up this beauty from the Trafford Centre this morning. Loads of other Teslas there including Ys. All looked great, but white with white by far the best IMO (until this time tomorrow when it’ll be more like grey with grey). Pickup was easy and I couldn’t find any issues with panel gaps etc although I only spent a few mins checking. Word of warning though, the superchargers there are not working. There was nothing to indicate this was the case so quite a few people connected up and thought it was a problem with their respective cars!
How much charge did it have? Picking mine up this Friday and just got a text saying they don't guarantee charge level..

View attachment 780828
Oh wow I’m so glad I picked that configuration - looks gorgeous 😍

Reactions: dilly28
How much charge did it have? Picking mine up this Friday and just got a text saying they don't guarantee charge level..
What's the wording they use on this text?

I'm picking my RWD up on the 26th, have a million other things, and lots of driving to do that day. It's going to be pretty annoying if I also have to find a rapid charger just to allow me to go about my day.

Handing over a brand new car at this price point and not being able to guarantee a charge level just feels so amateur. When I picked up my ID3 I was asked by the VW dealership how far I was driving home and the chap advised that he would have it ready at 100% rather than their standard delivery level of 80%.

I'd have thought that was a basic level of customer service! It's bonkers the amount of stuff Tesla seems to get away with on handover.

Real first-world problems I guess..

What's the wording they use on this text?

I'm picking my RWD up on the 26th, have a million other things, and lots of driving to do that day. It's going to be pretty annoying if I also have to find a rapid charger just to allow me to go about my day.

Handing over a brand new car at this price point and not being able to guarantee a charge level just feels so amateur. When I picked up my ID3 I was asked by the VW dealership how far I was driving home and the chap advised that he would have it ready at 100% rather than their standard delivery level of 80%.

I'd have thought that was a basic level of customer service! It's bonkers the amount of stuff Tesla seems to get away with on handover.

Real first-world problems I guess..
The text started as a collection date reminder. Then it is just one sentence regarding this:

"Please note we cannot guarantee the level of charge on your car."

I'm guessing they do this so they can pump out as many car as they can in the shortest time. I only got one date to choose from for collection (18th March). Though I can't complain too much as I only placed the order on the 3rd March and already just days before getting my hands on the car!

Reactions: RedDevil7709
I collected my M3 RWD Black/Black/Aero last week (10th), it had been raining and the car had been washed previously, but poorly as there were several 'dirty' spots, one down the middle of the windscreen/roof where the person obviously had difficulty reaching when washing it. There was no obvious damage or scratches so I am happy. Today was the first real dry day since then so I gave it a hand wash and dry at home. I found a few small streaks of something (sealant/glue?) that looked black (but on black paint, hard to tell) and this resisted washing but came off with a bit of tar remover. Much of this was on the left rear quarterlight glass and adjacent paintwork, so maybe to do with sealing the window? Anyway, the only significant issue is a very small dent just above the charging flap where something must have impacted. Hard to see in the picture but the circle in the reflected cloud near the corner of the panel is it, slight white mark in centre where paint is chipped. I've just reported on Tesla app and booked a slot so we will see how they can fix it. I almost didn't report this as its the only issue, but I know it will annoy me every time I go to charge and notice it.

View attachment 780790
Shame about that dent, I have a similar one, same side and height but on the door. I have also reported and booked in but not heard back yet. Let me know how you get on.
2C660E22-1E51-4FDD-9702-A3989F3BEE37.jpeg

Reactions: Terry F
Hmm just received a text saying my MY is due to be delivered on friday and I'll get an sms with the tracking link once my car has been collected by the carrier - how long after is this sent? Just wondering as its less than 5 miles from my house to Southampton docks (its being delivered because its a fleet car, I'd asked if I could collect and got told nope).
Mine is w company car, and they have told me to pick up from Southampton

Thought I’d pitch in my delivery experience. White RWD Black interio, Aero
  • 3/11 T-131 Days. Order through Lex as company car – speed of this depends on your fleet team
  • 16/11 T-123 Lex Confirmation text from Lex
  • 8/2 T-34 Tesla Your vehicle is on the way
  • 16/2 T-26 Tesla Your model 3 is due for delivery 12th March
  • 17/2 T-25 Tesla I had to rearrange delivery for Monday 14th March
  • 7/3 T-7 Tesla Delivery confirmation and link to videos
  • 8/3 T-6 Tesla VIN number & Reg number
  • 13/3 T-1 AnyVan Text delivery between 8:30-12:30
  • 14/3 T Anyvan Tracking text – vehicle arrived at 10:30 ish
Car delivered with 8 miles on the odometer and 197miles of range

View attachment 780640
View attachment 780641View attachment 780643

Sadly the Skoda departs later this week

The plan now is, drive for a few days to scratch that itch…then Aero covers off, rear mud flaps and then run it up to our shed to give it a home ceramic coat with CQuartz…hoping to avoid a machine polish stage if the paint is ok….its a company car afterall.
Thanks for this. I’ve ordered exactly the same model, Lex is also my leasing company. I’m about 5 weeks behind you with the dates as ordered on 9th December. Hoping to have some movement soon.

Reactions: Fenlandmud
Shame about that dent, I have a similar one, same side and height but on the door. I have also reported and booked in but not heard back yet. Let me know how you get on. View attachment 780930

I had one possibly smaller than that (hard to tell from the photo) on my boot lid. They booked it in and replaced the boot lid. And gave me a dual motor badge as a bonus (had an SR+ then)

• Funny
Reactions: Terry F
Right now, sat at August... Story so far...

27th Feb - ordered - estimate August
1st Mar - estimate 29 May - 27 June
4th Mar - estimate 19th June - 17 July
14th March - estimate August
Morning, mind if I join this thread?
M3LR/MSM/Black/19"Sport
Placed order 19/02 - EDD August
22/02 saw update to 21/03-31/03🥳
23/02 updated again to 04/05-01/06
As of today 15/03 still saying the same May dates
I heard they don't make cars to order but just manufacture, ship and match en route. Is this correct or an urban myth? Therefore I wondered if they shipped a box of wheels along the cars so they could match any orders either way?

I ordered my MYLR from Vanarama (lease through Lex Autolease)

Ordered: 9th March
RN issued: 11th March

Vanarama advised an April/May delivery but expected it to be sooner.

I have registered my account on Tesla but I don’t see any estimated dates like others have mentioned on here. Should I be able to see the estimated dates, if so, where should these be?