Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collected my RWD on 10th March and it definitely has both heated steering wheel and rear seats. Out of interest, when you bring up the climate control screen do you see the heated steering wheel button on the lower centre beside the heated wiper button and when you touch the 'Rear' button do you see the rear seats with wavy lines on them?

Like the manual shows: "Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla"
Nope, the buttons are missing.

C29EFA14-7611-4357-B9AD-9024450CE88B.jpeg

The guy at the SC advised me to take some pictures of the missing controls and reply to the text confirmation that I received for my other problem. He said it’s something that they should be able to fix remotely.

cc @Rgascoigne71

Picking mine up from the NEC on the 26th, Is there anywhere for the lad to park his car when dropping me off or is it just the normal NEC car park to use do you know? Ps half wishing I had ordered white now looks great
Head for Gate 3 - turn onto North Avenue and drive up to the gatehouse. Tell the chap you're there to collect a Tesla and give him your name. If you're on the list, you're in. Go straight over the roundabout and park anywhere you like adjacent to Hall 16.

Interesting that my delivery date elastic band has now snapped back to May09-May 23 (from June-July). I thought most are back-ended into final weeks of each quarter🤔? I suspect these dates will change again.
Mine has just done the same. Original order date for M3 LR 19/02. Also contacted my local dealer as an exact match for my spec has just appeared in Chester albeit £5k more expensive. Questioned why it wasn’t a match?

I ordered my M3AWD Long Range on Feb 11, initially EDD was August but it quickly changed to late March. I suspect because I had to put plates on retention it caused a delay as my EDD has now slipped to May 9 - Jun 6.

This afternoon the identical car to my order appeared on inventory, in Southampton but that wasn't a problem for me, whooppee.

I asked on chat if this could be allocated to me but apparently that is impossible unless I pay the £5k more as the price has increased! It seemed to me that matching the accepted order at the agreed price now rather than delaying would not disadvantage anyone and would help me a lot but apparently there is no way round their problem. Has anyone come across this before? Doesn't seem to make sense to me but it appears it isn't how the system works! Frustrating, I would have hoped someone would have seen my order in the system and matched it to this surplus car...

I can hear violins :)

Reactions: DanielSon
I asked on chat if this could be allocated to me but apparently that is impossible unless I pay the £5k more as the price has increased! It seemed to me that matching the accepted order at the agreed price now rather than delaying would not disadvantage anyone and would help me a lot but apparently there is no way round their problem. Has anyone come across this before? Doesn't seem to make sense to me but it appears it isn't how the system works! Frustrating, I would have hoped someone would have seen my order in the system and matched it to this surplus car...
I’m also hearing violins right now 🙂 Just had the same experience with a RWD, Craig on chat said I’d have to pay the extra £3k for the inventory car despite the spec being the same.

I guess with demand so high they’ll sell it for more than my reservation without too much trouble…

I’m also hearing violins right now 🙂 Just had the same experience with a RWD, Craig on chat said I’d have to pay the extra £3k for the inventory car despite the spec being the same.

I guess with demand so high they’ll sell it for more than my reservation without too much trouble…
Poor Craig is having a hard time then, I had a quite a long chat with him ;) It really doesn't seem to make any difference to tesla apart from a very small short term cash flow whether they sell me this car at the agreed price or one in a few weeks time but it seems like computer says no!

Reactions: Snowy77
Mine has just done the same. Original order date for M3 LR 19/02. Also contacted my local dealer as an exact match for my spec has just appeared in Chester albeit £5k more expensive. Questioned why it wasn’t a match?
It seems we're into a new era of matching, demand isn't diminishing with multiple price rises. Although on the upside we could be in the unusual position of collecting new cars that will be worth more than we paid:)

I collected my RWD on 10th March and it definitely has both heated steering wheel and rear seats. Out of interest, when you bring up the climate control screen do you see the heated steering wheel button on the lower centre beside the heated wiper button and when you touch the 'Rear' button do you see the rear seats with wavy lines on them?

Like the manual shows: "Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla"
No wavy lines on the rear seats. Only one button for heated wipers and no steering wheel either.

Not sure if I'm strong enough to cope with the spectre of posing of the radar/no radar transition question? I've no idea if its a good/bad thing, will functionality be turned off in future so waste of time, if its still there and stays active will it add/detract value? I saw a Q2 change for EU non radar deliveries of M3's, not sure if the UK included in that. Feels like we are in between and could get either version. Its a minefield.

Hey guys,

Ordered a M3 RWD White / Aeros / Black Interior on 20/02
Had my lease with Lex approved on 22/02.

Had an email from Davide at Tesla today to say that when I ordered the EDD was November 2022 so I can expect the car in Q4 this year.

Looks like I am going to be a member of the XX72 club. 😢

Amazing information and pics of your guys‘ cars though. Keep them coming.