Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn’t be a software update now though surely? It’s part of the standard spec of the car.
It’s a fair point @bc1979. When i actually ordered my M3 it was a Standard Range Plus. It was changed due to the fact they stopped making them, so i was making sure they understood i had LFP / dual glaze and Ryzen i.e. NOT a SR+. I also had to sign a declaration to ‘accept‘ the changes to the ‘new’ spec. So, i was quite clear, it needs to be done. As they’ve said it WILL be done, I’ve elected to be patient at the moment :) - TBH, if someone was giving me the beans, I’d drop it on floor and make them wait. Now its been acknowledged i can go FULL ON if needed :)

Reactions: JOL1
It shouldn’t be a software update now though surely? It’s part of the standard spec of the car.
It never was part of a software update, but Tesla seems to push a configuration change to the RWD/SR+ vehicles after they are delivered rather than at the factory for some reason - must be something to do with it not being standard from day one but i cannot see why they cannot alter the initial configuration load.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
What you have placed on your vehicle is a show plate. Up until Sep 2021, when new laws were passed, police would ignore the fact that the shape and markings to conform to British Standards for Number Plates but after Sep 2021 they have taken this very seriously, I was stopped recently and fined for not having a compliant plate like yours and fined not once but twice, one for front an one for rear. 100 pounds per plate!
It may be that you were fined incorrectly depending upon what aspect of the rules your plate was deemed to have not been compliant with. Folks using italic and non-compliant lettering or incorrect spacing is very common. The thrust of the rules is around readability - using specific size black lettering on a large enough reflective background. The background being larger than required or shaped once it is large enough does not seem to be an issue.

Reactions: jaksteruk
It may be that you were fined incorrectly depending upon what aspect of the rules your plate was deemed to have not been compliant with. Folks using italic and non-compliant lettering or incorrect spacing is very common. The thrust of the rules is around readability - using specific size black lettering on a large enough reflective background. The background being larger than required or shaped once it is large enough does not seem to be an issue.

It was a standard plate no optional extras, only the named of the plate maker was not written underneath which is required. Point is that standard plates even which are not in your face are fined let alone a plate which is of none standard shape and is seriously in your face. My belief is to always be low profile

Which part of the law do these plates break?

Exactly, so long as all requirements are met I don't see the issue. For another car I bought plates from Halfords and hacksawed them down to size myself to fit the car, it's never been pulled or failed an MOT as it still meets all the required dimensions.

Well that was super smooth! Salty all ok can’t see any faults/marks etc. I was so excited that I forgot how to do the steering wheel about a billion times 🤦🏼‍♀️ But now charging happily at Hopwood. It was on 44%. Car already on app.
Supposed to collect at 1330… collected 1030 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1692F46D-312D-419A-A0E2-721B61CEE9A0.jpeg

Attachments

• 0BCBDDB7-7F4E-4F0B-8112-32DDF8AD1E51.jpeg
    0BCBDDB7-7F4E-4F0B-8112-32DDF8AD1E51.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 51
  • E15A4FD8-31DC-4D55-8ED9-3757300DF8D5.jpeg
    E15A4FD8-31DC-4D55-8ED9-3757300DF8D5.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 46
  • A634A427-128D-4090-8F3B-47EFC72D0457.jpeg
    A634A427-128D-4090-8F3B-47EFC72D0457.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 44
Well that was super smooth! Salty all ok can’t see any faults/marks etc. I was so excited that I forgot how to do the steering wheel about a billion times 🤦🏼‍♀️ But now charging happily at Hopwood. It was on 44%. Car already on app.
Supposed to collect at 1330… collected 1030 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣View attachment 784757
Wowwww 😍😍😍😍😍 soooo nice!! Thanks for sharing! That’s great they let you come along so early! Did you just turn up early or did you pre warn them? Would love to collect mine earlier so I can avoid traffic back home

Reactions: SaltyMod3