Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the recent positivity of many saying their EDD had moved forward to May and others saying there still could be cars matched to in March I thought I would call Tesla to get an EDD update but got much more disappointing news :(
I don't have visibility in account as order placed via lease company.
Order placed 25.01, lease company advised EDD May
RN text 01.02
M3/RWD/W/B/A

Called Tesla today who said EDD November! I said that I had heard others having their EDD pulled forward, others still getting matches in March, to no avail. Also mentioned that cars matching my spec appear on inventory but said they are only for new orders at new price.
All in all they showed zero empathy and made me feel that my call was an inconvenience to them.

...Still hopeful I might get lucky and get matched to of the Q2 cars.
Same spec as me and I’m being told still could be end of March

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
20220319_144950.jpg

So I have successfully picked up my model 3 a few days ago from Trafford Centre, I almost missed the pickup time 4:30pm got there at 4:50pm and they close at 5pm it was a close one. There were two other people after me picking their car up, probably got stuck in traffic like me. Absolutely stunning car, and drives like a dream! I got used to the one pedal very quickly, and it has everything I have ever hoped for in a car as standard. Only had 24% charge, the superchargers at the site was not functioning so charged it whilst we went for shopping!

Sadly there is a slight misalignment on the left side rear boot area, have booked a service on the app but I'm contemplating whether I should get it fixed or not as it is only apparent when looking up close, and the boot functions perfectly. I heard horror stories about getting it fixed but making matters worse.

I would like to thank everyone here to make this thread so informative, I have learnt so much here and made my move to Tesla that much more confident. I'm really glad I made the switch, and it made mundane drives a thing of the past!

View attachment 785201View attachment 785202View attachment 785203View attachment 785205

So I have successfully picked up my model 3 a few days ago from Trafford Centre, I almost missed the pickup time 4:30pm got there at 4:50pm and they close at 5pm it was a close one. There were two other people after me picking their car up, probably got stuck in traffic like me. Absolutely stunning car, and drives like a dream! I got used to the one pedal very quickly, and it has everything I have ever hoped for in a car as standard. Only had 24% charge, the superchargers at the site was not functioning so charged it whilst we went for shopping!

Sadly there is a slight misalignment on the left side rear boot area, have booked a service on the app but I'm contemplating whether I should get it fixed or not as it is only apparent when looking up close, and the boot functions perfectly. I heard horror stories about getting it fixed but making matters worse.

I would like to thank everyone here to make this thread so informative, I have learnt so much here and made my move to Tesla that much more confident. I'm really glad I made the switch, and it made mundane drives a thing of the
View attachment 785201View attachment 785202View attachment 785203View attachment 785205

I would like to thank everyone here to make this thread so informative, I have learnt so much here and made my move to Tesla that much more confident. I'm really glad I made the switch, and it made mundane drives a thing of the past!
First thing I check when I see a Tesla now is the boot alignment… one I see this morning also had the same problem!

Picking mine up from Trafford tomorrow and was told their chargers were currently down. Is there a 3rd party charger at the Trafford Centre??. I’d rather top up before I set off.

Given the recent positivity of many saying their EDD had moved forward to May and others saying there still could be cars matched to in March I thought I would call Tesla to get an EDD update but got much more disappointing news :(
I don't have visibility in account as order placed via lease company.
Order placed 25.01, lease company advised EDD May
RN text 01.02
M3/RWD/W/B/A

Called Tesla today who said EDD November! I said that I had heard others having their EDD pulled forward, others still getting matches in March, to no avail. Also mentioned that cars matching my spec appear on inventory but said they are only for new orders at new price.
All in all they showed zero empathy and made me feel that my call was an inconvenience to them.

...Still hopeful I might get lucky and get matched to of the Q2 cars.

Same boat as you mate.

Ordered via Lex on 20th Feb. Exact same spec as you. Still being told November.

Same boat as you mate.

Ordered via Lex on 20th Feb. Exact same spec as you. Still being told November.
Amazing how we’re all told different.
RN received 23/2, was never given a EDD by Zen so I sent an email asking for one the 6/3 and they replied saying Model 3’s are a 3 month lead time so expect it to be April/May time. My Ioniq isn’t due to go back until end of June so later the better for me, it really can’t be November tho 😂

I'm handing in my small violin club membership card it would seem.

Saw they had a matching spec in stock in "south coast" (= southampton)

Called up, waited about 6 mins on hold. Asked them to match. Got told yes and matched on the spot. I'm collecting on Tuesday.

My guess is they're now in "We need to clear inventory" stage of the quarter. And I'm happy to help them!
Great news!

Amazing how we’re all told different.
RN received 23/2, was never given a EDD by Zen so I sent an email asking for one the 6/3 and they replied saying Model 3’s are a 3 month lead time so expect it to be April/May time. My Ioniq isn’t due to go back until end of June so later the better for me, it really can’t be November tho 😂
You can return your current least early so I wouldn’t worry, just take the Tesla when it’s available

You can return your current least early so I wouldn’t worry, just take the Tesla when it’s available
Yeah I guess I will if it arrives early. All previous leases we’ve managed to get swap over dates within days of each other but Tesla is a whole other challenge 😂
Realistically I’d love it as soon as poss obvs but still very concerned it’ll get pushed out to end of the year, I’m sure it’ll work out somehow.

Great to hear of a satisfied customer. Enjoy my pickup is tomorrow so will be missing this forum as it has been a constant in y life since ordering

Reactions: Ricecooker
Picked my tesla model 3 LR yesterday. Loving it so far but the Prep of the car was shockingly bad for something that cost £54k. Spoke to a chap at the collection at the NEC and he said that they don’t even have a jet wash they simply use the so called dry method to clean the car. Every car that left from there had bad swirl marks. Simply no excuse to treat customers new cars this way ! It would not be difficult at all to put a simple hand car wash system in place that would sort this.
68908A52-7656-4464-882D-474AC15F5174.jpeg
902FCCAB-2FDC-4512-9FD4-E514B8BB8D22.jpeg

Anyway apart from that everything else was/is great :)

Have booked in for a service.