Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my tesla model 3 LR yesterday. Loving it so far but the Prep of the car was shockingly bad for something that cost £54k. Spoke to a chap at the collection at the NEC and he said that they don’t even have a jet wash they simply use the so called dry method to clean the car. Every car that left from there had bad swirl marks. Simply no excuse to treat customers new cars this way ! It would not be difficult at all to put a simple hand car wash system in place that would sort this.
View attachment 785324View attachment 785325
Anyway apart from that everything else was/is great :)

Have booked in for a service.
A service for what?

Picked my tesla model 3 LR yesterday. Loving it so far but the Prep of the car was shockingly bad for something that cost £54k. Spoke to a chap at the collection at the NEC and he said that they don’t even have a jet wash they simply use the so called dry method to clean the car. Every car that left from there had bad swirl marks. Simply no excuse to treat customers new cars this way ! It would not be difficult at all to put a simple hand car wash system in place that would sort this.
View attachment 785324View attachment 785325
Anyway apart from that everything else was/is great :)

Have booked in for a service.
The way I see it, turnover of cars is too high and they arrive a day or so pre going to customers.

I was happy my car hadn’t been washed as it would prevent likelihood of being damaged for a quick once over with a sponge.

Things such alignment maybe out, but it is possible it’s financially better to fix post delivery. Ie, to check 300 cars a day at bluewater would need significant investment.

Reactions: JanF1
Although it was clean on collection, it’s looking great after some attention. No flaws at all

Attachments

• 8EFD721E-F4B8-4EE2-9B1A-1A1798D6DE10.jpeg
    8EFD721E-F4B8-4EE2-9B1A-1A1798D6DE10.jpeg
    971.1 KB · Views: 75
  • FE37D8B3-C8AA-4A8D-A9FB-70C29B5BB98E.jpeg
    FE37D8B3-C8AA-4A8D-A9FB-70C29B5BB98E.jpeg
    969.2 KB · Views: 44
Tesla delivery day for me today, can’t wait. Had a text yesterday to say that it will be with me between 2-6pm.

I just hope that I don’t have to wait too long for the app and premium connectivity to be activated, I know that Teslas own correspondence says it will be within 48 hours and hope delivery on a Friday afternoon doesn’t slow that.

How long have most delivery customers waited?

Tesla delivery day for me today, can’t wait. Had a text yesterday to say that it will be with me between 2-6pm.

I just hope that I don’t have to wait too long for the app and premium connectivity to be activated, I know that Teslas own correspondence says it will be within 48 hours and hope delivery on a Friday afternoon doesn’t slow that.

How long have most delivery customers waited?
Happy delivery day 👍🏻 Tesla Eve for me 😁😁😁😁

Looks amazing! (I have ordered the same spec. 😊). How is the ride on the 20s ?
The ride is absolutely fine. Don’t know what the fuss in the press was about. It’s no harsher then the previous 3LR. Tyre pressures were altered on pickup though as they were delivered high. Maybe that’s why people are complaining.

Car is perfect. No issues at all. Impressed!

Reactions: GT_M3
Ohh I have to mention, also, Octopus came to install the new charge point for home ! Opted for the Pulsar PLUS after researching around a bit, and seeing quite a few folks here had them.. (if it's good enough for you guys, it's definitely good enough for me!) 😁😄🥰

1648201664276.png

My word, it's tiny! Compared to one of my neighbours pod point, this thing is nanoscopic. All I need now is a car 🥳🤪

Something satisfying about having your own private 'petrol' station! 🤣

I need to slightly mod the cable arrangement though. As I don't have the car yet it's quite tightly coiled up around the wallbox itself. I'm quite aware that after regular use it's going to scratch it heavily, and you only need to unhook the charge head and it unsprings and you have to wind it up again. I have a couple of bits due to arrive today to hopefully solve this... namely some hosepipe wall brackets... will let you see how that goes!

Anyone with a wallbox, did you find the same thing? If so how did you get on? (if you modded things or left as it is)...

Last edited:
Reactions: JanF1
Wall charger.jpg

@Snowy77
Here's my set up. Had to paint the outside boxes to match the white😂. I prefer to wrap the cable all the way around and sit it on top with the cap on rather than fit it inside the centre. It's located under an eave so doesn't get rained on regularly. Plus it doesn't stick out into the path for me to catch my shopping when I'm walking the path.