Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
22 minutes away!
It should be there now!!!

1648225632792.png

Super exciting! Grats mate!!

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
A useful tip for anyone as stupid as me at this point.
Was a member of May 09-23 club but got a text yesterday 24/3 for collection tomorrow 26/03.
In the meantime, assuming I had plenty of time I was waiting until the beginning of April to take my private plate off my current car which is going for a trade in. Anyhow, rush job on and did the deed but Tesla wont accept a trade in car without the correct V5 on the age related plates, regardless that it's all done and I'm just waiting on the paper document.
Consequently delivery postponed from tomorrow and I've got all fingers crossed until the end of the month to wait for this V5 in the post (what even is that??).
If no V5 before next Thursday (it's supposed to now take only 3-4 days🤞) then car goes on general sale and I'm back in the May/June club.
Absolutely no flexibility in this.
One option would be to pay the difference in trade in value to Tesla and sell elsewhere?
Another risk to consider if trade-in value from Tesla (which was best by a couple of grand) decreases after 60 days and I'll likely lose anyway🤷‍♂️.
Any suggestions?
To be clear I can pay the trade-in £2k now and get my pre-£5k price rise car now or wait until May and hope my new trade in figure is as good? Original price still locked in.
Moral - change the plates the day you place your order, you never know when a match may occur...

I picked up my LR today and have to say the whole experience was really easy and quick. I was lucky that they had not cleaned my car, so sand everywhere, but I think that is probably good news bearing in mind the reports I have been hearing about the paint work.

App worked immediately, and so did Spotify etc. Really happy.

One question, though, I am really confused about the battery now. I don't seem to have LFP, as my charging screen talks about daily and trip charging. So I assume this is a NCA battery. What are the differences? And is one better than the other?

I picked up my LR today and have to say the whole experience was really easy and quick. I was lucky that they had not cleaned my car, so sand everywhere, but I think that is probably good news bearing in mind the reports I have been hearing about the paint work.

App worked immediately, and so did Spotify etc. Really happy.

One question, though, I am really confused about the battery now. I don't seem to have LFP, as my charging screen talks about daily and trip charging. So I assume this is a NCA battery. What are the differences? And is one better than the other?

only the RWD has LFP because there is space in the car for the big battery for the LR/P, and LFP needs more space per kwh so they can fit it in

LR has the regular battery - we seem to have settled on it having the LG 79kwh battery with around 75kwh usable.

only the RWD has LFP because there is space in the car for the big battery for the LR/P, and LFP needs more space per kwh so they can fit it in

LR has the regular battery - we seem to have settled on it having the LG 79kwh battery with around 75kwh usable.
Thanks for the clarification, being in this group for the last few months, I had not reallised the battery was different between the models. You learn something new everyday

Thanks

The car is here, I will upload pics in a bit. All looks great to be honest.

One thing I do have is a message saying it’s scheduled at the Bristol delivery hub today from 7am. Will that just disappear?
Yes, mine reverted from the actual date to due in March we'll be in touch with a date nearer the delivery day! It took about a week to show as delivered, guess the system takes a while to process all the collections.

Ok first of a few questions. The app is up and running as is Premium connectivity but Spotify doesn’t seem to be?

It keeps asking me to sign in with my own account and the voice search doesn’t open anything up.
Restart the car by pressing both buttons in the steering wheel. Once it has reboot, then when you open Spotify, it will say either to log in, or do you want it too create a Tesla Spotify account. Until I restarted, I had the same issue you have

Ok first of a few questions. The app is up and running as is Premium connectivity but Spotify doesn’t seem to be?

It keeps asking me to sign in with my own account and the voice search doesn’t open anything up.
Have you got a premium Spotify account, if not you need to use the Tesla account. I had to reboot the system for it to work (foot on brake hold down both buttons on steering wheel until screen goes off, it'll come back on a few moments after).

Restart the car by pressing both buttons in the steering wheel. Once it has reboot, then when you open Spotify, it will say either to log in, or do you want it too create a Tesla Spotify account. Until I restarted, I had the same issue you have
Brilliant, that’s worked.

All seems great now. Does anybody else play with the Audio settings? I started fiddling but feel like I could fall down a rabbit hole.

Quick update, checked in with Tesla and sadly no viable matches. We haven't yet rulled it out as there's still a few days left for people to collect a vehicle.

ONE week to go before we should start to see some Q2 shipping activity at Shanghai. Even though it's not RIGHT NOW, it does feel like Tesla eve for me is within sight! Compared to waiting since November, just a few weeks to go seems within touching distance. it's like running a marathon, as soon as you see that finish line.. it gives you a sudden boost.. ahhh!
Don't give up yet! I was in a similar situation, tried to get a car allocated yesterday almost an exact match to my order but as the seats were white and my order was for black Tesla couldn't do it (I'd agreed to pay the extra but no!). I kept looking and a match popped up late this afternoon, got chatting to Craig and he has sorted it for collection on Tuesday. I'm in the Midlands and have to go to Southampton but that's not a problem.

Still seem to be quite a few coming to inventory, it seems the price rise means that the car you see has to be precisely what you ordered to get it :)