Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've contacted Tesla Sales to request the return of the final payment , I paid a significant amount believing when I received the request to pay this was due to a car being delivered imminently or allocated for June 24-30

Having changed to September I find this to be a very misleading practise, I've only ever paid the upfront payments for new cars when the car is either at the dealership or about to be delivered.

Depending on how it goes I may just cancel the order and wait it out for 6-12 months to see what the market does.

Reactions: gaol
With Shanghai in the doldrums, is it possible they will build M3 in SF to come to the UK?
According to the Tesla Daily podcast today, Rob Maurer said that Shanghai is back up and running to 1200 cars per day from today and looking to add a second shift in the coming days. 🤞🏼

The shutdown was due to a wiring supplier having a positive covid test within their factory.

What I don’t get is why people expect no further deliveries until September. They’ve barely sold anything wouldn’t it make
More sense to keep pumping cars all during summer?

Also my EDD was missing for a while and Tesla CS claimed they were checking for estimations before they could Give me a new edd. A week later I got June 18-30 which seems very specific now.

I've contacted Tesla Sales to request the return of the final payment , I paid a significant amount believing when I received the request to pay this was due to a car being delivered imminently or allocated for June 24-30

Having changed to September I find this to be a very misleading practise, I've only ever paid the upfront payments for new cars when the car is either at the dealership or about to be delivered.

Depending on how it goes I may just cancel the order and wait it out for 6-12 months to see what the market does.
Comparisons with other dealerships will only frustrate you. Tesla has a very different business model so wishing it was different is an academic debate. I understand your frustration with EDD (could easily change back again) but if you are committed to getting a Tesla I would encourage you to think carefully before cancelling as it will just set you back and many others are only too happy to step in and take your place. Notwithstanding the Shanghai closure Tesla were well ahead of being able to deliver product and delays with other dealerships is no bed of roses.

At the end of the day its personal choice....

Reactions: QuanTim
What I don’t get is why people expect no further deliveries until September. They’ve barely sold anything wouldn’t it make
More sense to keep pumping cars all during summer?

Also my EDD was missing for a while and Tesla CS claimed they were checking for estimations before they could Give me a new edd. A week later I got June 18-30 which seems very specific now.
I would suspect a rumour to try and get people to cancel orders so that others are more likely to get a car allocated.

Not sure if anyone has contacted any other manufacturers for deliveries. A buddy ordered BMW i4 M50 in February, no delivery date. He was told September, now nothing. The latest he had was, probably this time next year (in March). Audi have similar issues. If mine turns up in June I will be delighted. If it’s September, so be it. I will be first to agree that the delivery dates should be more accurate….

Reactions: JOL1
Comparisons with other dealerships will only frustrate you. Tesla has a very different business model so wishing it was different is an academic debate. I understand your frustration with EDD (could easily change back again) but if you are committed to getting a Tesla I would encourage you to think carefully before cancelling as it will just set you back and many others are only too happy to step in and take your place. Notwithstanding the Shanghai closure Tesla were well ahead of being able to deliver product and delays with other dealerships is no bed of roses.

At the end of the day its personal choice....

Think the frustration here is not necessarily the delay, these happen. It's the fact they asked for the final payment , in my case 18k which alluded to delivery being imminent i.e. 24-30 June at least to myself.

Maybe my mistake due to the way other car manufacturers act . If it does take 4-5 months then there is a good chance the finance quote will also change. At this time they are earning money on the 18k which I could have left in my bank account .

I've dropped them an email and we will see the outcome/next steps

Think the frustration here is not necessarily the delay, these happen. It's the fact they asked for the final payment , in my case 18k which alluded to delivery being imminent i.e. 24-30 June at least to myself.

Maybe my mistake due to the way other car manufacturers act . If it does take 4-5 months then there is a good chance the finance quote will also change. At this time they are earning money on the 18k which I could have left in my bank account .

I've dropped them an email and we will see the outcome/next steps
I got that demand yesterday, was going to pay it when I got home from work, by the time I did, edd had changed to non specific date!
I'd be livid too if I had done it.

Reactions: Sw1000