Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had the dreaded date change, was holding strong for end of June, now checked and is "August 05 - September 14" Absolutely gutted, looks like I'll defer my wall charger installation for now. My car must not have made it onto the last shipment:(No idea what's going to happen with the finance and the trade in as it's delayed at least 2-3 months now or more.....

Yeah I dunno what to do with my wall connector. Meant to have it installed on the 24th but at this rate won't have to car for months and months.

May just stick with the install anyway
Im trying to decide that at the moment, one hand will be nice its all there ready but on the other hand its going to be sat there for a long while without proper use bit worried after months of waiting it might just not work and the time eats into the warranty of the install etc

Im trying to decide that at the moment, one hand will be nice its all there ready but on the other hand its going to be sat there for a long while without proper use bit worried after months of waiting it might just not work and the time eats into the warranty of the install etc
Really? It’s just like having an external socket fitted for your lawn mower.

It won’t suddenly stop working just because it’s sat there idle. Unless it’s poorly installed.

Took 6 months after delivery of my last hybrid car to get my charger installed and had to use a granny charger in the meantime. Was a nightmare.

Get it now and know it’s there waiting for your lovely new car when it finally arrives👍

Really? It’s just like having an external socket fitted for your lawn mower.

It won’t suddenly stop working just because it’s sat there idle. Unless it’s poorly installed.

Took 6 months after delivery of my last hybrid car to get my charger installed and had to use a granny charger in the meantime. Was a nightmare.

Get it now and know it’s there waiting for your lovely new car when it finally arrives👍
Yeah was more worried about the smart side of it, a zappi, diverting solar etc all that jazz wont really know if its working until im using it unless the installers have a car or something to plug in, anyway not sure how it works but yeah do want to avoid using the granny charger!

Seeing a lot of MY with september dates, mine got pushed to November model 3 production struggling or my daughter selecting red is to blame 🤣

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Yeah was more worried about the smart side of it, a zappi, diverting solar etc all that jazz wont really know if its working until im using it unless the installers have a car or something to plug in, anyway not sure how it works but yeah do want to avoid using the granny charger!

Seeing a lot of MY with september dates, mine got pushed to November model 3 production struggling or my daughter selecting red is to blame 🤣
Same thoughts here, didn't want to find something doesn't work 6 months later, I'm sure the installer will sort out though. Don't mind usingthe granny charger for a short while but just need to time it about right.
So deflated 😭I ordered back in early March too....

I spoke to Tesla chat yesterday for an update as I ordered on 22nd November. (M3LR white, black and Aeros) I think Tesla UK know the same as us….nothing! They said I should take delivery mid-late June but if not then it will be August-September!! They will know more once a shipment is on its way from the GF.

I spoke to Tesla chat yesterday for an update as I ordered on 22nd November. (M3LR white, black and Aeros) I think Tesla UK know the same as us….nothing! They said I should take delivery mid-late June but if not then it will be August-September!! They will know more once a shipment is on its way from the GF.
Basically they have no clue lol. They might as well have just said "yeah it's expected to be this year"

It’s disappointing but looking at lead times for other popular EVs, 4-6 months seems average.

I’ll be happy if I can collect mine this year. Given the supply issues and reduced output I fear seeing a 2023 date at some point.

I’m really keen to make the EV switch. I’m sorely tempted to lease a smaller cheaper EV for a year.