Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called SA, obviously they do not have an answer. I suppose people in this forum might know more about VIN distributing.
We knew:
VINs from Glovis Splendor have been allocated.
TheBen could be the same.
What about RCC Europe then? It carries both for UK and other EU countries. And it's almost in the area that usually VINs be issued.
Anyone knows?

Just got a couple texts right now one being an 'Action Required'' to make payment (just checked and more documents have been uploaded) and the other with the reg and 'official' VIN allocation.

Am I right in thinking the payment doesn't have to be made until 48hours before collection?

According to the final invoice "Payment terms: Paid in full 7 days before delivery."

I emailed them directly, I would email the person who you would have ordered the car with? And yes, I was told it would move to Aug 1st but again just waiting on a reply if that is their date or a Tesla date....
Yep done - all I get is “we’re chasing operations for an update for you”

Considering how awesome every other part of their process has been I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt here - but still disappointing to require this much chasing!

Reactions: KARUSH90
56EB0508-2B76-4AC4-A33E-7118C2FD8DBB.jpeg

Update from zen on model Y white,black Gemini

Reactions: EchoOneZero
At the risk of sounding like all the other conspiracy theorists on here... does all of the ex demo cars being listed mean anything? Does that mean they will be replaced with new ones?

That would be interesting as we haven't seen many LR M3s matched, granted the sample size is just people that have posted on this forum saying they have/haven't got a VIN.

Am I right in thinking the payment doesn't have to be made until 48hours before collection?

Final Invoice normally issued at least 7 days before collection.

If your account does not change status to "Paid" (i.e. your payment is showing on your account) then before you set off for collection clear the payment with delivery_GB - by providing proof of payment (they may ask for more / different info). Once they are happy then in effect the Collection Staff will see your car as "Paid" and just hand you the keys (worth taking proof of payment with you, but I'll eat my hat if you need it). If you haven't done the above the process at collection may well be protracted, at the least (and you will be holding everyone else up ... time allocated for handover is probably less than an Amazon warehouse picker ...)

Note that your bank may have a limit on how much you can transfer, so £50K at, say, £10K per day ... needs some time.

I have paid 15:00 for collection at 09:00 following day (multiple repeated mistakes on preparing a Final Invoice for me) but I don't recommend it!

Different process applies for Lease of course :)

Called SA, obviously they do not have an answer. I suppose people in this forum might know more about VIN distributing

... unless ... the SA is reading this forum :)

Final Invoice normally issued at least 7 days before collection.

If your account does not change status to "Paid" (i.e. your payment is showing on your account) then before you set off for collection clear the payment with delivery_GB - by providing proof of payment (they may ask for more / different info). Once they are happy then in effect the Collection Staff will see your car as "Paid" and just hand you the keys (worth taking proof of payment with you, but I'll eat my hat if you need it). If you haven't done the above the process at collection may well be protracted, at the least (and you will be holding everyone else up ... time allocated for handover is probably less than an Amazon warehouse picker ...)

Note that your bank may have a limit on how much you can transfer, so £50K at, say, £10K per day ... needs some time.

I have paid 15:00 for collection at 09:00 following day (multiple repeated mistakes on preparing a Final Invoice for me) but I don't recommend it!

Different process applies for Lease of course :)

... unless ... the SA is reading this forum :)
Sorry, maybe I missed something, has the distributing of VINs from RCC Europe been done?